VetsWife328

Custody Fight and Immigration

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My son's bio father who has never seen my boy,cared about him or supportedhim contested the Child Support Orderand asked for a DNA Test.So far so good but he says that he will fight me for Custody if the DNA Test shows he is my son's father,which it WILL show.

My son has the US Citizenship based on his bio father being a Citizen .His father ( my son's Grandfather) helped me get all the Documents I needed to prove that all requirments are full filled and my son received his Certificate of Citizenship.

I am in the ROC Process as of right now,just got my NOA yesterday.

The bio father threatens to have me removed from the Country and such.

My Husband and I have VERY strong proof of our marriage being real since ( among other things)I am my Husbands VA assigned Caregiver since he is a disabled Veteran.

I am on all his VA papers,we of course filed a joint Tax return ,we own two cars together which we are still paying on,we have a Statement from my sons teacher saying that we raise him together,a tatement from our Landlord that yes we do live together under one roof,joint bank account............

The bad thing is that when I left Germany I left debt there.........I have NO police record there though but there MAY be some civil stuff because of the debt.

I obviously also don't have a police record here nor do I have bad credit here.

Could my debt in Germany be a problem IF they did some Civil action without my knowledge ?

I do have a Twinsister in Germany and no one ever contacted her ( which would have been a very common thing in Germany).

So in short,is that Custody Fight or my German debt gonna impact my Immigration ???

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Timeline

My son's bio father who has never seen my boy,cared about him or supportedhim contested the Child Support Orderand asked for a DNA Test.So far so good but he says that he will fight me for Custody if the DNA Test shows he is my son's father,which it WILL show.

My son has the US Citizenship based on his bio father being a Citizen .His father ( my son's Grandfather) helped me get all the Documents I needed to prove that all requirments are full filled and my son received his Certificate of Citizenship.

I am in the ROC Process as of right now,just got my NOA yesterday.

The bio father threatens to have me removed from the Country and such.

My Husband and I have VERY strong proof of our marriage being real since ( among other things)I am my Husbands VA assigned Caregiver since he is a disabled Veteran.

I am on all his VA papers,we of course filed a joint Tax return ,we own two cars together which we are still paying on,we have a Statement from my sons teacher saying that we raise him together,a tatement from our Landlord that yes we do live together under one roof,joint bank account............

The bad thing is that when I left Germany I left debt there.........I have NO police record there though but there MAY be some civil stuff because of the debt.

I obviously also don't have a police record here nor do I have bad credit here.

Could my debt in Germany be a problem IF they did some Civil action without my knowledge ?

I do have a Twinsister in Germany and no one ever contacted her ( which would have been a very common thing in Germany).

So in short,is that Custody Fight or my German debt gonna impact my Immigration ???

The custody fight and your debt is not going to affect your immigration. Lots of people going through the immigration process has debt and has child custody issues.

Keep records of piece of communication you have with the biological father. Just keep in mind that in some states, it is illegal to record a phone conversation without the other party's consent. You cannot use illegally recorded phone calls in court, and you could be violating privacy laws.

It seems that the biological father intends to create problems for you regarding your immigration and custody of your child.

If he makes a complaint with immigration, nothing may come out of it. Also, your acrimoniousness relationship with him will show his motivation to lie and create problems for you.

If he sues for custody, it is very unlikely he will be successful. The judge would have to look at the best interest of the child. He may get visitation rights, but he's not likely to get custody of any kind.

Timeline

Thank you very much for your Info.

I'm a little paranoid when it comes to him.......his father is the Commissioner of the City he lives in and he gets away with pretty much everything.His father even got rid of his jail records in other Custody Cases ( he ha 5 kids with number 6 due this month).The Judge in Texas ( we live in WA the bio father in Texas) is friends with the bio fathers dad and his dad stated that in an e mail he has ent me from his Office.......as soon as that Judge laid hands on the case my Child Support was suspended...........

Met on May 17,2005

Filed: Other Timeline

Go to a thrift store and buy a used baseball bat. Next time you see your son's biological father you ask him to bend over so that you can shove that thing where the light don't shine. Once he has found a hold of himself tell him that if he doesn't back off, your son will have to learn what a goddamn, no-good peace of human garbage his biological father really is.

If he gives even the slightest bit about his son's well-being, tell him he better back off and pretend to be dead for his son, as he now has a real father--opposed to a sperm donor-- who cares about him more than he would be able to comprehend.

Oh, and make sure there are no witnesses around.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

TODAY its eleven years that I last saw the guy and I was pregnantat that time.So my boy is 10 1/2 years old by now.......

I'm just glad he lives in Texas and we live in WA.

That makes it quite a bit harder for him to mess with me.

Met on May 17,2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.