dsamyra3

My Husband's interview at Casablanca

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband’s interview was on the 25th. It could have been better, but it could have been worse too. We were not denied, but we were not approved either. The woman who interviewed my husband, told him he had too much and she would not look at it. And to go look through it and bring back only a little. . So that is what we did. And then on Wed. when I called to find out what was going on they told us that that my husband had insufficient evidence, after the woman clearly said WE had too much. We had to wait at least 3 weeks to find out anything. But I am worried, because before my husband left the interview she handed Him EVERYTHING BACK, I mean everything we ever sent. The only thing she kept was his passport.

Now when we call, they have told us to not call again, “To give them time to work on our petition”, but they gave my husband EVERYTHING back (How are they suppose to work on our case when they gave everything back?) The only thing the Embassy has now is 5 pages of instant messages and 13 months of phones bills.

Timeline

06/27/2007 - We met online

04/29/2010 - Went to Morocco to visit Rachid

05/07/2010 - Married

06/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/17/2010 - I-130 Packet Delivered, signed for by L. BOX

06/22/2010 - NOA1 issued and mailed

06/24/2010 - Cheque Cashed ($355)

06/25/2010 - Received NOA 1 in mail

06/29/2010 - Touched

06/30/2010 - Touched :)

08/03/2010 - Touched :)

10/07/2010 - Touched :)

01/26/2011 - RFE

02/08/2011 - Sent USCIS our RFE

02/10/2011 - USCIS Received the RFE

03/22/2011 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

03/28/2011 - NVC received our Petition

04/05/2011 - NVC Case Number Given

04/07/2011 - Paid AOS

04/16/2011 - Paid IV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know it is hard to deal with the wait, but find something to do in the meantime and stay in Morocco as long as you can it will only help your case. Call DOS after 14 days and they should be tracking what type of AP your husband is under. AR is local to the embassy and can take anywhere from 60 days to 1 year (worse case I saw on here). AP is normally in Washington, D.C, which can take just as long. You can do an inquiry after 60 days on AP according to the Department of State. My husband took everything they gave him back to the second interview and he broke the ice by offering to show the CO our pictures it worked. Also, I thought it was the same CO but he got a different CO for the second interview.

Does this make you feel better? Probably not, it did not help me either but once I heard it was under AR/AP I felt better because I knew they were doing their job. I wish you the best and will keep you in prayer. It sounds like the case is under AP if they don't want you to call them. They just stopped responding to our emails and I called DOS and confirmed yes we are on AR/AP.

On my trip back in June, we ran into a Moroccan CO that works in Moroccan Embassy in Canada by chance on the train to Casablanca and he expressed the same, "they kept your passport, don't worry as long as the case is being worked you are good if the CO wanted to disapprove it you would already know they have too many cases to waste time."

God Bless,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Unsure but it sounds as if your husband was approved and just something minor holding things at this point. When a visa petition has been approved by the embassy, they give you everything ever sent in to USCIC/NVC back to you including details of their investigation of your case. Also, since the passport was requested it usually always means approved. Good luck and I think you are in good shape!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only thing she kept was his passport.

Only thing you have to worry about them keeping is the passport. Casablanca consulate doesn't keep a passport unless they're going to do something with it- with very few exceptions. Congrats :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. It has been such an uphill battle for us, that I do not think I will not feel good about us, untill my husband is here with me. Soon, God willing.

Happy Ramadan, to all those practicing. :)

Timeline

06/27/2007 - We met online

04/29/2010 - Went to Morocco to visit Rachid

05/07/2010 - Married

06/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/17/2010 - I-130 Packet Delivered, signed for by L. BOX

06/22/2010 - NOA1 issued and mailed

06/24/2010 - Cheque Cashed ($355)

06/25/2010 - Received NOA 1 in mail

06/29/2010 - Touched

06/30/2010 - Touched :)

08/03/2010 - Touched :)

10/07/2010 - Touched :)

01/26/2011 - RFE

02/08/2011 - Sent USCIS our RFE

02/10/2011 - USCIS Received the RFE

03/22/2011 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

03/28/2011 - NVC received our Petition

04/05/2011 - NVC Case Number Given

04/07/2011 - Paid AOS

04/16/2011 - Paid IV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.