sideways

US Passport style photos

31 posts in this topic

I've tired a number for photo shops and chemists that do passport photos and no one can help me in getting 2inch x 2 inch passport style photos as required.

Can anyone tell me where I can get these photos taken in Ireland?

Any help much appreciated

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to do this soon. What I plan to do is take the photo with my own digital camera. Make sure the photo conforms to the criteria of the USCIS (e.g. white background etc...). Upload it to your computer and crop it to the desired size (do not change the aspect ratio). I think 2" X 2" is about 600px X 600 px. Once you have the picture edited save onto a USB key or memory stick. Then go to Boots or somewhere with a Kodak (or similar) kiosk. Insert USB/memory card and follow the instructions. You can then pick the photo sizes that you want.

I have not tried this yet for a 2" X 2", but I presume you can. You pay per piece of photographic paper. So for passport-size photos you can fit more than one of them onto one piece of photographic paper. Make sure you fill up the template of that one piece of photographic paper with a many of the same photo as you can. You will see what I mean when you look at the preview before pressing print. You will probably need them later on (e.g. interview, medical).

Check the instructions for acceptable photos here.

Edited by Gamut

I got mine from Jessops, not sure if you have one over the water but thought I would chuck it in there just in case

I-130 for myself and son sent - 06/04/2011

Chicago lockbox - 06/06/2011

NOA1 email - 06/09/2011

NOA1 DATE - 06/07/2011

NOA1 hard copy - 06/16/2011

Touched - 06/14/2011

NOA2 email for 1 petition (122 days) - 07/10/2011

September 21, 2011 and October 4, 2011*.

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 20, 2011 and October 3, 2011*. (22/06/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 16, 2011 and September 25, 2011*. (25/06/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 14, 2011 and September 23, 2011*. (01/07/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 12, 2011 and September 20, 2011*.

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 5, 2011 and September 17, 2011*. (24/07/11)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 15, 2011 and September 23, 2011*. (02/09/11)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 21, 2011 and November 3, 2011*

event.png

I will have to do this soon. What I plan to do is take the photo with my own digital camera. Make sure the photo conforms to the criteria of the USCIS (e.g. white background etc...). Upload it to your computer and crop it to the desired size (do not change the aspect ratio). I think 2" X 2" is about 600px X 600 px. Once you have the picture edited save onto a USB key or memory stick. Then go to Boots or somewhere with a Kodak (or similar) kiosk. Insert USB/memory card and follow the instructions. You can then pick the photo sizes that you want.

I have not tried this yet for a 2" X 2", but I presume you can. You pay per piece of photographic paper. So for passport-size photos you can fit more than one of them onto one piece of photographic paper. Make sure you fill up the template of that one piece of photographic paper with a many of the same photo as you can. You will see what I mean when you look at the preview before pressing print. You will probably need them later on (e.g. interview, medical).

Check the instructions for acceptable photos here.

I have a passport photo i had for the green card lotto on a disk and i brought it into 3 places all that have kodak machines and none said they could help me, just to let you know

Did you insert your disk into the interactive kiosk and look at the size options that are available? Or did you just ask some member of staff?

Both i put disk in 1st in 2 shops and when I cold not ge anything for 2 x 2 i asked member of staff and both said they cant do 2 x 2, its quite annoying.

Both i put disk in 1st in 2 shops and when I cold not ge anything for 2 x 2 i asked member of staff and both said they cant do 2 x 2, its quite annoying.

I see. I will go investigate the kiosk at my local Boots soon enough and I will let you know if I have success. If you don't think you can find a place to print them off at that size, you could just e-mail the file to your fiancée and have her print it out over there and then mail it to you.

I see. I will go investigate the kiosk at my local Boots soon enough and I will let you know if I have success. If you don't think you can find a place to print them off at that size, you could just e-mail the file to your fiancée and have her print it out over there and then mail it to you.

You know what that's a brill idea as she needs my passport photo for our I-129F package but will you let me know how you get on in boots as I may go there tomorrow myself and check it out.

Thanks for replies

You know what that's a brill idea as she needs my passport photo for our I-129F package but will you let me know how you get on in boots as I may go there tomorrow myself and check it out.

Thanks for replies

No problem. I will let you know if I have any success with the kiosk.

I got mine done from a professional photography shop - this was in York. Cost me about £15 for six pictures and they emailed my guy a digital copy too. I think it's far easier if you can find someone to do it and know what the standards are then trying to do it yourself!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

OP:

Take a digital pic of yourself in relatively bright background (white/beige, etc).

Go here.

http://www.epassportphoto.com/Wizard.aspx?country=US&photo=0

upload, crop, size.

They will generate a nice 4x6 image you can take anywhere and have it printed.

Hope it helps.

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

you could find a local photographer to do them for you. i did ours and had them printed at Target.

odjxjv.png

Dina and Craig's timeline:

08-27-2010 Met through a mutual friend

04-17-2011 Married

08-01-2011 AOS Packet sent (I-130,I-485,I-765) via USPS Priority mail

08-03-2011 Package delivered via USPS tracking

08-08-2011 Received Text/Email that all 3 apps were accepted/Checks cashed

09-06-2011 Biometrics Appt. in Philly

09-14-2011 RFE Sent for 485. I forgot to sign one section of the 485

09-21-2011 RFE Mailed back to USCIS

10-14-2011 Card production of EAD ordered

10-17-2011 Interview notice (I-797C) received for 11-16-2011

10-22-2011 EAD Card received

11-16-2011 APPROVED. Card Ordered, Passport Stamped.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Get the photos done with the proper facial specs, etc.. If the prints are too large, just use scissors to trim them.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.