Sophie & Nate

Interview Information

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone.....I had my medical last Monday and everything was signed off ok on the Thursday and couried to the embassy in London. All of my paperwork was sent off 3wks ago. I have not heard from the embassy yet and just wondered on average how long it took for your interview to be scheduled?? Do I have to do anything like call the embassy or do I just sit tight and hope to hear off them soon....

I have also been reviewing interview questions and information. If anyone has any advice for my interview it would be much appreciated,the more prepared I am the better!!!! Should I take lots of photos with me or just some meaningful ones to us and would it look good if I took the ones of us all together with my parents and his??

Thankyou,hope everyone is having a good day xx

Timeline

Hi Sophie and Nate

I am also in the same position as you, well maybe 2 weeks behind. My medical is done and packet 3 sent and I called the embassy in London today to see if they received my packet 3. The nice man on the phone said it takes them 2-4 weeks to process the DS-230 Part 1 etc etc and I should call back then and he would be able to TELL ME THE INTERVIEW DATE OVER THE PHONE!!! Therefore, seems like you should be calling them round about now! beats waiting for the postman :-)

Find their number here,

http://london.usembassy.gov/visa_contact_information.html

have have you case number handy.

With Regards to your interview and photos, no harm in taking some. I sent photos of me with my finaces family and him with mine etc as proof of our continual relationship. I have also read alot on line that you should take copies of everything you have ever submitted to them to the interview, like all you I-129f forms etc etc, as there has been reports that certain forms have been "mislayed" and if your able to produce them there and then, then it can only go in your favour. Therefore, whilst you wait for your interview date, wont hurt to get you finace to resign (if you didnt take photocopies of the original) forms which required his signatures and post them over to you.

Good Luck!!!!! I know how you feel, this final hurdle is the worst :-(

Hey everyone.....I had my medical last Monday and everything was signed off ok on the Thursday and couried to the embassy in London. All of my paperwork was sent off 3wks ago. I have not heard from the embassy yet and just wondered on average how long it took for your interview to be scheduled?? Do I have to do anything like call the embassy or do I just sit tight and hope to hear off them soon....

It normlly takes more than a week. I'd wait another week, then call DOS to ask if anything had been scheduled. Did you give a wedding date in the cover letter you sent with your DS2001? What is the date? come to the UK forum for more London specific experiences.

I have also been reviewing interview questions and information. If anyone has any advice for my interview it would be much appreciated,the more prepared I am the better!!!! Should I take lots of photos with me or just some meaningful ones to us and would it look good if I took the ones of us all together with my parents and his??

Thankyou,hope everyone is having a good day xx

You've been reading too much in the K1 forum. London does not require ANY evidence or photos of your continuing relationship. They will politely decline if you try to show them your photos with the parents. There's no question preparation needed unless you don't know how you met or what you fiance does for a living. It's all very simple. Look at the menu bar and find Reviews-Embassy and read about the London experiences. K1s are mixed in so find those. You can relax.

Here's the video to give you an idea of what you'll do. It's more for work or students so the sample questions you'll hear aren't what you'll be asked. But the rest of it is what will happen interview day.

http://www.youtube.com/user/USEmbassyLondon#p/u/11/uzZOvF1EEXE

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Just saw the other post that came while I was replying my first time. You do NOT need any of the I-129 packet, or NOA2, or extra signed originals from your fiance, or his birth certificate. Just take photocopies of any of your originals that you want back like your birth certificate, divorce decree, military records--anything that applies to you that you are required to bring.

Spare copies of your forms that you sent DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, DS-230, part 1 would be the only "just in case" thing you would need in case they mislaid them. The I-129F petition to USCIS is done and dusted and this is now the Dept of State and the visa application stage.

PS to anybody else reading---This is London. Other consulates may be different.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Just saw the other post that came while I was replying my first time. You do NOT need any of the I-129 packet, or NOA2, or extra signed originals from your fiance, or his birth certificate. Just take photocopies of any of your originals that you want back like your birth certificate, divorce decree, military records--anything that applies to you that you are required to bring.

Spare copies of your forms that you sent DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, DS-230, part 1 would be the only "just in case" thing you would need in case they mislaid them. The I-129F petition to USCIS is done and dusted and this is now the Dept of State and the visa application stage.

Thank you so much for your information,you've been very helpful!! I see so much conflicting evidence on the internet that I never no what the right info is. Its also so easy to over complicate things too.....My fiance Nathaniel tells me I need to be patient and not to panic,haha. I know that I read on the embassy website that it takes up to 5 days for them to get your medical results??

Also thank you for putting my mind a little at rest because I have seen that lots of people have sent pictures with there packet as proof of engagement?? I was real worried because I hadn't and just assumed I needed them for the interview....I had loads I was going to take with me!!

Timeline

Thank you so much for your information,you've been very helpful!! I see so much conflicting evidence on the internet that I never no what the right info is. Its also so easy to over complicate things too.....My fiance Nathaniel tells me I need to be patient and not to panic,haha. I know that I read on the embassy website that it takes up to 5 days for them to get your medical results??

Also thank you for putting my mind a little at rest because I have seen that lots of people have sent pictures with there packet as proof of engagement?? I was real worried because I hadn't and just assumed I needed them for the interview....I had loads I was going to take with me!!

I did send proof of engaement....engagement ring receipt,recent letters of intent and engagement cards?? I hope that was ok..

Timeline

Hi Sophie and Nate

I am also in the same position as you, well maybe 2 weeks behind. My medical is done and packet 3 sent and I called the embassy in London today to see if they received my packet 3. The nice man on the phone said it takes them 2-4 weeks to process the DS-230 Part 1 etc etc and I should call back then and he would be able to TELL ME THE INTERVIEW DATE OVER THE PHONE!!! Therefore, seems like you should be calling them round about now! beats waiting for the postman :-)

Find their number here,

http://london.usembassy.gov/visa_contact_information.html

have have you case number handy.

With Regards to your interview and photos, no harm in taking some. I sent photos of me with my finaces family and him with mine etc as proof of our continual relationship. I have also read alot on line that you should take copies of everything you have ever submitted to them to the interview, like all you I-129f forms etc etc, as there has been reports that certain forms have been "mislayed" and if your able to produce them there and then, then it can only go in your favour. Therefore, whilst you wait for your interview date, wont hurt to get you finace to resign (if you didnt take photocopies of the original) forms which required his signatures and post them over to you.

Good Luck!!!!! I know how you feel, this final hurdle is the worst :-(

hey Jim and Nay

Thankyou for helping to put me at ease. Any information and help during this process is much appreciated,its so nice to know that other people are going through the same thing and having the same worries as me.....sometimes I think I'm going visa crazy!! Luckily this is the last stage and lets hope it all goes ok.....GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just in case this information wasn't salient enough in Nich-Nick's post in between all the other information: There is no need to call the ridiculously expensive London embassy number to find out if your packet 3 has been logged or your appointment been scheduled; you can call the DOS on +12026631225 then option 1 then 0 and they can give you the same info for a normal "landline" US phone call price and they are very helpful and friendly :)

I did send proof of engaement....engagement ring receipt,recent letters of intent and engagement cards?? I hope that was ok..

Are you talking about the DS-forms you sent to London...that packet?? If you read their instructions, they only want the forms with no documents, passport photos, proofs,etc. That's London's way of doing business. If you sent other stuff beside the forms, then don't panic.

Re conflicting information on the internet...Yes it is difficult at some consulates and they mistrust people because of many many many fraudulent visa scam cases. I'm just telling you that London is not a high fraud consulate. You don't have to prove your love or engagement to them. Heck we've sailed through (next stop citizenship) with no engagement ring or parties, no formal wedding or wedding rings, and I didn't even change my last name. Just saying those things are not required to be successful.

You didn't answer my earlier question and I had a reason for asking to offer more help.

Did you send DS-2001 readiness form. When?

Did you include the requested cover letter?

What date did you give them as your intended wedding date?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hope Dublin is similar

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Timeline

Are you talking about the DS-forms you sent to London...that packet?? If you read their instructions, they only want the forms with no documents, passport photos, proofs,etc. That's London's way of doing business. If you sent other stuff beside the forms, then don't panic.

Re conflicting information on the internet...Yes it is difficult at some consulates and they mistrust people because of many many many fraudulent visa scam cases. I'm just telling you that London is not a high fraud consulate. You don't have to prove your love or engagement to them. Heck we've sailed through (next stop citizenship) with no engagement ring or parties, no formal wedding or wedding rings, and I didn't even change my last name. Just saying those things are not required to be successful.

You didn't answer my earlier question and I had a reason for asking to offer more help.

I really think I've over complicated things!! I sent my DS-2001 about 3wks ago now along with the other requested forms etc. I included a cover letter too but wasn't a 100% sure of what to write.....I hope it won't take too long to process!! You've really helped out and I wished I'd asked for a little input before I'd sent off the documents,haha. I was getting so paranoid that I needed like a million photos of us doing everything etc. The only thing I didn't put was the date of the wedding because on one of the forms (not sure which one??)it said not to plan anything/or make travel arrangements until you were actually issued a visa???? We are planning on arranging it all within the 2-3mths of me getting over there,its going to be a bit of a crazy rush but I've done what I can this end and brought my wedding dress here....

Hope Dublin is similar

Fingers crossed for us all!!

Timeline

Actually I think I put the that we would schedule it in october

Actually I think I put the that we would schedule it in october

Here's what it says goes with the DS2001 readiness form:

When you have obtained all of the required documents and are prepared for the visa interview, you are required to complete the Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness, Form 2001 and mail it to the Immigrant Visa Unit together
with a covering letter containing your email address, if applicable, date of your wedding and date of the medical examination

Anyway if you said October, they may figure you dont need an interview until a month before. If you had said next January was the date, I was going to say they will put you off for sooner wedding dates and that could be a reason they may not schedule right away. But with an October date...well that's soon. I think it will be scheduled shortly. Call DOS in the US and ask if it's scheduled. A few people never got the letters and found out the appt date from DOS.

Good luck. Hard to wait when you get sooooo close.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Oops--thought of something else to give you. Its part of a post from a May interview. I think it's especially descriptive so I bookmarked it.

She then waited for another 15 minutes before her number was called once again, this time to head for the interview. Now, she had been preparing for this moment for months, diligently printing numerous photos marked with date/time/location; a year's log of Skype calls; numerous emails between her, myself, my kids, my parents, my sister, etc. to demonstrate the family bond; and so on.

The gentleman at Desk #2, therefore, caught her by surprise when he struck up a very casual conversation with her. "How did you meet? Oh, that's really great." "When did you first go to visit? What? Your first visit to America was to Minnesota in the winter? Are you kidding?" "You seem like a really nice, genuine person."

Eventually she asked if he wanted to see any of the photos or paperwork she'd painstakingly assembled. His reply? "Nope, don't need to see any of that. I'm just getting ready to approve your visa." He looked at NONE of her supplemental evidence but simply returned her original papers that she had turned over at Desk #1, took her fingerprints, had her swear an oath that she was telling the truth, and sent her on her way to the DX Secure (courier) counter, where she arranged to have her visa/passport returned to her.

Read the whole post here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/310675-approved-in-london-our-experience/page__p__4673835#entry4673835

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

This is what I never understand - they tell you not to make any formal dates or plans to travel till you hear the yes or no regarding the visa, so then they want a wedding date. So your advised i take it in the cover sheet to suggest a month your hoping to get married in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.