7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone.

So, i've been away for a few months adjusting to life in america, getting an apartment, sorting out potential employment opportunities for when i have my EAD...oh and getting married lol.

now i need to send off my AOS packet and one area has me confused, the medical.

I've read conflicting reports on what i have to do from various sources online. I had a medical in london for my K1 visa at the beginning of this year. now some places say i dont need to do anything and should ignore the medical part, some places say i need to just send in my vaccination history from london saying i have all the upto date shots, and some places say i need to fill in part of the form and go to a civil surgeon... which is it??

If anyone from england who has done this could shed some light that would be great!

Thanks

Josh

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Adjustment of Status - 2012

Removal of Conditions - 2014

Naturalization - Pending

Member, Mal and Meg just sent the vaccination worksheet with their AOS application(DS-3025) and got passed. We have done the same, and so far so good but not yet approved.

It says in the instructions that K1 applicants do not need to fill in the I-693 so long as their medical was done within the last year. It seems people only get an RFE when the medical records don't get joined up to their case.

Hope that helps

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

If your shots were completed and properly documented on DS-3025 then you can just send a copy of it with your AOS packet.

If you are missing any shots, then you have to get them and have them transcribed to I-693. A new medical is not required.

Requirements are the same for all AOS applicants, regardless of where they had their medical exam.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

I've read conflicting reports on what i have to do from various sources online. I had a medical in london for my K1 visa at the beginning of this year. now some places say i dont need to do anything and should ignore the medical part, some places say i need to just send in my vaccination history from london saying i have all the upto date shots, and some places say i need to fill in part of the form and go to a civil surgeon... which is it??

If anyone from england who has done this could shed some light that would be great!

People have their own opinions of what is right. I've been preaching since 2008 that you do not need an I-693. We didn't, and about 100 others haven't. Finally a few people are believing my way of thinking. Others still don't. Take your pick of what you want to do because nobody agrees. I've posted a bunch about how to know if your DS3025 is "complete."

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

i dont have a copy of DS3025...

Then you need to get in touch with knightsbridge or the embassy and get a copy.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

My logic train was like this...

Medical needed? Per I-485 instructions, no, but a Vaccination Supplement is needed (DS-3025).

We didn't have a copy of DS-3025, so we requested one from the doctor. It says on this form to give a copy to the applicant. Luckily we received a copy.

However, ours was marked "incomplete", even though it looked complete to us, so... We had DS-3025 transcribed by a Surgeon General to I-693 for $15, and sent both with our I-485 as our Vaccination Supplement.

We only chose to have DS-3025 transcribed because it was marked incomplete by the previous doctor.

Paraguay2010076-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.