DanielleB

K-1 Visa Questions ( Fiance' from Afghanistan)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Im beginning to gather all the information I need to send in our K-1 Visa packet to USCIS. I have an idea about the process, now that I have read many of these forums. I just need help on filling out this paperwork correctly. So I have several questions.

My fiance' lives in Afghanistan and I was born and currently live in the United Stats. Thanks in advance for your help.

(1) When fillng out the I-129F Petition. How many details or how specific do I need to be when explaining how we met on part.B question 18? For example, should I just go ahead and list that I was deployed as a U.S. soldier and he worked with us as our interpreter. Give the month we met and the last day we were together? Should I go more into detail or should this be enough?

(2) G-325A: My Fiance' lives in Kabul, Afghanistan. Currenly he is in another province working as an interpreter for the United States Army.

-For Applicants redidence should we list where he is right now on base? By the time USCIS recieve this packet he may not be at that base anymore.

-Many Afghanis never receive birth certificates. So he does not know his parents date of birth. All he knows is the year in which they were born. Should I leave the D.O.B as January 1st and then the Year they were born? Then attach an additional sheet to my packet to explain this situation.

-For applicants address outside the united states for more than a year. Since he lives in Afghanistan would we put "none"?. Or go ahead and put his address in Afghanistan?

Also, in Afghanistan many addresses do not have house numbers. So all we have for his address is a street name/section and the city. We dont even have any type of zip code. Should I attach an additional sheet to our packet explaining this? Im concerened later on down the road how the Embassay in Kabul will send my Fiance' any paperwork.

Maybe all these additional sheets I will be attaching will cause a delay? We do have several pictures together and I have phone/chat records. Should I have friends that know the both of us write statements confirming our relationship?. Also, we have both spoken with each others parents, and they approve. Should we also have them write statements?

I know this is a lot of questions. Im sure I have more but can't think of them right now ;) Thank you, for taking the time to read through this. What are you suggestions or advice.? Or have any of you come across similar situatons in your Visa Journey?

THANKS!

Allah Hafez

- Danielle

Im beginning to gather all the information I need to send in our K-1 Visa packet to USCIS. I have an idea about the process, now that I have read many of these forums. I just need help on filling out this paperwork correctly. So I have several questions.

My fiance' lives in Afghanistan and I was born and currently live in the United Stats. Thanks in advance for your help.

(1) When fillng out the I-129F Petition. How many details or how specific do I need to be when explaining how we met on part.B question 18? For example, should I just go ahead and list that I was deployed as a U.S. soldier and he worked with us as our interpreter. Give the month we met and the last day we were together? Should I go more into detail or should this be enough?

(2) G-325A: My Fiance' lives in Kabul, Afghanistan. Currenly he is in another province working as an interpreter for the United States Army.

-For Applicants redidence should we list where he is right now on base? By the time USCIS recieve this packet he may not be at that base anymore.

-Many Afghanis never receive birth certificates. So he does not know his parents date of birth. All he knows is the year in which they were born. Should I leave the D.O.B as January 1st and then the Year they were born? Then attach an additional sheet to my packet to explain this situation.

-For applicants address outside the united states for more than a year. Since he lives in Afghanistan would we put "none"?. Or go ahead and put his address in Afghanistan?

Also, in Afghanistan many addresses do not have house numbers. So all we have for his address is a street name/section and the city. We dont even have any type of zip code. Should I attach an additional sheet to our packet explaining this? Im concerened later on down the road how the Embassay in Kabul will send my Fiance' any paperwork.

Maybe all these additional sheets I will be attaching will cause a delay? We do have several pictures together and I have phone/chat records. Should I have friends that know the both of us write statements confirming our relationship?. Also, we have both spoken with each others parents, and they approve. Should we also have them write statements?

I know this is a lot of questions. Im sure I have more but can't think of them right now ;) Thank you, for taking the time to read through this. What are you suggestions or advice.? Or have any of you come across similar situatons in your Visa Journey?

THANKS!

Allah Hafez

- Danielle

You don't need to be too specific about how you met. A few sentences will be fine.

Does he have a permanent address or a mailing address and a current residence?

Don't put Jan 1 - put unknown and the year of birth for his parents. Attach a sheet if necessary.

Put his address in Afganistan. It's the last address he lived abroad for over a year, is it not?

A lot of countries don't have house numbers or zip codes. Put the address that he has - the way mail gets to him normally.

You can put chats and phone records, but I would focus on proving you met by putting a copy of your boarding pass or army orders or someting that verifies that you were in Afganistan before you focus on proving the validity of the relationship. They are two separate things - both important, but one critical (proving you met physically in the past 2 years).

Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.