16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have the filed a I-130 on Oct, 2010 at USCIS for my wife and child (2 years) I am a permanent resident green card… I already sent all the original documents to the NVC my visa grade is F2A, my case is already finished at NVC on June, 2011 and I am now under interview my wife country is Egypt,

How long it will take to put my interview schedule and it will be this year or later I already check the Visa bulletin it seams they work on July, 2008 but I heard that my wife interview will be soon

Please recommend

Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Next year for sure if visa bulletin move 3 months ahead....... Good luck

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I have the filed a I-130 on Oct, 2010 at USCIS for my wife and child (2 years) I am a permanent resident green card… I already sent all the original documents to the NVC my visa grade is F2A, my case is already finished at NVC on June, 2011 and I am now under interview my wife country is Egypt,

How long it will take to put my interview schedule and it will be this year or later I already check the Visa bulletin it seams they work on July, 2008 but I heard that my wife interview will be soon

Help me understand this, if you filed I-130 in Oct, 2010, it must have been approved around March, 2011 (5 months). Why would NVC work on your F2A case with a PD in OCT 2010?

Cut-off date around March, 2011 is no where close to your PD...

Did you become USC recently and upgraded your F2A to IR-1?

Edited by PD is Current.

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Help me understand this, if you filed I-130 in Oct, 2010, it must have been approved around March, 2011 (5 months). Why would NVC work on your F2A case with a PD in OCT 2010?

Cut-off date around March, 2011 is no where close to your PD...

Did you become USC recently and upgraded your F2A to IR-1?

on march, 2011 my paper were on NVC and I finished all the steps on June, 2011 I am now under interview … when I will scheduled for the interview how many months remain even it will be in this year or I have to follow with the visa bulletin

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

on march, 2011 my paper were on NVC and I finished all the steps on June, 2011 I am now under interview … when I will scheduled for the interview how many months remain even it will be in this year or I have to follow with the visa bulletin

March 2011 cutoff date is 01JAN07

April 2011 cutoff date is 01APR07

why would NVC work on your F2A case if your PD is indeed in Oct 2010?

something's not making sense here, can you elaborate more?

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am on the same boat. It is a bit confusing. I don't think for those of us whose case is completed at NVC PD date is an issue.I think it all depends on home busy the american embassy is at the benificiaries country & how many visa's are available for the specific country. This is what is states on the NVC website.

it looks like those on us with completed status are on the 3rd step.

If your Priority Date meets the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will:

Invoice you for your visa application fees

Collect your visa application and supporting documentation

Hold your visa petition until an interview can be scheduled with a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate General abroad.

If your Priority Date DOES NOT meet the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will notify you and hold your petition until your Priority Date meets the most recent Qualifying Date. The Department of State updates the Qualifying Dates on a monthly basis.

I am on the same boat. It is a bit confusing. I don't think for those of us whose case is completed at NVC PD date is an issue.I think it all depends on home busy the american embassy is at the benificiaries country & how many visa's are available for the specific country. This is what is states on the NVC website.

Hold your visa petition until an interview can be scheduled with a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate General abroad.

If your Priority Date DOES NOT meet the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will notify you and hold your petition until your Priority Date meets the most recent Qualifying Date. The Department of State updates the Qualifying Dates on a monthly basis.

Then how do you explain people were told at their interview that they had to wait for PD to be current for their visa to be issue?

PD: 30 DEC 2008

CC: 12 DEC 2010

Interview: 04 OCT 2011: Approved

POE: 15 OCT 2011 JFK

Ok, anyways after CC you have to wait until your PD becomes current for an interview to be schedule. :whistle:

PD: 30 DEC 2008

CC: 12 DEC 2010

Interview: 04 OCT 2011: Approved

POE: 15 OCT 2011 JFK

Filed: Timeline

i do understand ur point PD but bedo is right also..................... my family friend's priority date is August 2010 she got approved i think in April 2011 and NVC is working on her case.......... they asked her to send the rest paper work n pay the fees.

Edited by interesting

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is for your information:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

Please be advised that case status is not currently available on line.

Please be advised that we schedule interview appointments based on the capacity of the respective U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. We are unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

The applicant's name has been placed on the list of documentarily qualified cases awaiting the availability of visa numbers under the numerical limitations prescribed by statute. The designated representative of this case (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will be notified of an appointment date as soon as the numbers have been received. The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

An immigrant visa is usually valid for six months from the date it is issued. It may be used to apply for admission into the United States any time during its validity.

This case was affected by a retrogression of cut-off dates, and there is no longer a visa available for the principal applicant at this time. An immigrant visa will once again become available when this petition's priority date is earlier than the cut-off date established in the current edition of the Visa Bulletin.

Any fees previously submitted to the NVC for this petition will remain valid for future processing. Please continue to submit any fees, forms, or documents we request. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time. For further information on why there is no longer an immigrant visa available for this petition please review the explanation of numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance below.

Explanation of Numerical Limitations on Immigrant Visa Issuance:

Immigrant visa processing is governed by the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) of 1952, as amended, which controls priority dates and the number of immigrant visas that can be issued under certain preference categories. To establish which petitions are current and ready for processing, the Department of State issues a monthly publication called the Visa Bulletin.

The Visa Bulletin provides a list of cut-off dates that are used to ensure the number of immigrant visas issued each year does not exceed the legal limit established in the INA. Cut-off dates are categorized by foreign state of chargeability and preference category. Only a petition with a priority date that is earlier than the cut-off date is eligible for a visa number and further processing.

NOTE: This petition's priority date, foreign state of chargeability, and preference category can be found at the end of this correspondence.

The Department of State must sometimes move cut-off dates backwards because a specific preference category is oversubscribed - meaning the numerical limit of issuable immigrant visas under the INA was reached. This process is known as retrogression. Petitions affected by retrogression will only be eligible for an immigrant visa when their priority date is earlier than the cut-off date established in the current edition of the Visa Bulletin.

To determine the cut-off date and which priority dates are current and ready for processing, please review the present month's Visa Bulletin by visiting the following website:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.