BennyJax

Need quick answer about K1 interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My fiance has her interview tomorrow morning in Taiwan and she saw on someone's website tha said the embassy wrote a date for that to enter the US (she wasn't asked when. When she arrived a month later after that date, immigration said her visa expired. So my fiance is telling me the date you enter is important.

To me that doesn't make sense. I thought you had six months to enter and can come at anytime.

Does this make sense? Will the embassy ask for a specific date she wants to enter the US?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My fiance has her interview tomorrow morning in Taiwan and she saw on someone's website tha said the embassy wrote a date for that to enter the US (she wasn't asked when. When she arrived a month later after that date, immigration said her visa expired. So my fiance is telling me the date you enter is important.

To me that doesn't make sense. I thought you had six months to enter and can come at anytime.

Does this make sense? Will the embassy ask for a specific date she wants to enter the US?

Thanks!

I have never heard of that before, other when they tell them they have to enter before the expiration of the visa.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Me too. The blog post was from 2008. She didn't give the lady a date to come to the US so the lady wrote 8/15. She came on 9/20 and got taken into the room at immigration and asked questions.

Hard to say but I imagine she used the visa after the expiration date. who knows lol.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CO will ask when does she plan to go to US, plus there are some forms wherein you have to answer your estimated date to leave for US....

whatever you put there wont be taken against you, especially if you werent able to leave on that said date...

its more if assurance that you got plans already and you guys talked about it...

once she gets approved, within 6 months from approval she needs to leave for US...

"Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act."-Paulo Coelho

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I told her to give a date but I'm sure if she comes earlier than the date she gives it'll be ok. I told her to ask the officer is it's okay to come early and she's scared to ask a question. I said they aren't going to give your trouble or deny your visa cause you asked a question.

She's so paranoid to come after the date based on a few reports she's read. But I've never read any problems about the date here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.