EasternDE

French/American Couples - Part II - 2011

3,008 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

J'ai fouillé le forum et effectivement d'autres gens comme toi demandait de l'aide pour trouver un civil surgeon dans l'Indiana qui veuille bien faire la transcription.

Et aucune réponse... Kedalle pour l'Indiania dans le thread "Civil surgeon who don't rip you off".

t'es pas proche d'un autre état ?

Tente le coup, mais j'suis pas optimiste...

Tu aurais du faire les tests d'immunisation en France avant d'aller chez Slattery en fait.

Même si on a déjà eu les oreillons, la rougeole et la rubéole, au final le plus simple et le moins couteux, c'est quand même de faire le ROR...

C'est complètement stupide mais bon...

Si j'aurais su, comme disait Petit Gibus...

Clair que j'aurais fait refaire une injection de ROR avant d'aller passer la visite médicale a Paris.

Sinon, je suis dans la banlieue d'Indianapolis, pile poil au milieu de l'Etat. :dance:

Je vais continuer a appeler les civil surgeons de l'Etat, y'a en a une flopée pas trop loin de mon lieu de résidence.

Et c'est surtout histoire de lancer le processus AOS/EAD. Pas trop envie de perdre mon lawful status, et puis l'argent ne pousse pas dans les arbres, donc j'aimerais bien pouvoir bosser un de ces jours.

Edited by Tdeboevre

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

ça pousse pas dans les arbres??? Ah zut alors!!!

Mon chéri a appelé pour le visa et on lui a dit que le California Center avait pris du retard. Je comprends pourquoi au bout de 3 mois et demi, on n'a aucune nouvelle.

De plus, je n'ai jamais vu ce truc : "touched"!!!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Mumu, on t'a deja explique comment les voir, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/320498-frenchamerican-couples-part-ii-2011/page__view__findpost__p__5650480

Les touches ne veulent rien dire, et puis c'est pas marque "touched", ca correspond juste a la colonne "Last updated".

3 mois et demi sans nouvelles, c'est pas beaucoup quand tu as affaire a l'USCIS. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl= -> CSC a l'air en plein dans les dossiers de Juillet. Ton NOA1 date d'Aout. Patience donc, ca ne devrait plus tarder tres longtemps, et check ce lien de temps en temps, ca donne une bonne indication.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Je sais Dido que ça ne veut rien dire du tout. Mais ça fait quand même angoisser un peu je trouve.

Pour retrouver tous les liens tu es un vrai ordi!!!

Merci pour les infos je vais looker ça!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

Timeline

My fiance finally got his visa interview date! Wednesday, November 28th at 1pm! I just have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer. He scheduled his medical for the day before (he lives in the south of France, so wanted to make just one trip to Paris) with Dr. Jolly, but from the email she sent him, it seems like he needs to go to 3 different appointments that day:

8h00 - blood being drawn at one location

after, going to another location for his x-rays

17h00 - going to another location to have his physical with Dr. Jolly

Is this normal to have to go three different places?

Also, he needs to take a train after his visa appointment because he needs to be back to work on Thursday. From what I understand, you can't bring anything into the embassy with you (i.e. a suitcase/duffle bag). Any tips on where he can store his belongings while at the embassy?

Hope that all makes sense!

merci :)

Timeline

My fiance finally got his visa interview date! Wednesday, November 28th at 1pm! I just have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer. He scheduled his medical for the day before (he lives in the south of France, so wanted to make just one trip to Paris) with Dr. Jolly, but from the email she sent him, it seems like he needs to go to 3 different appointments that day:

8h00 - blood being drawn at one location

after, going to another location for his x-rays

17h00 - going to another location to have his physical with Dr. Jolly

Is this normal to have to go three different places?

Also, he needs to take a train after his visa appointment because he needs to be back to work on Thursday. From what I understand, you can't bring anything into the embassy with you (i.e. a suitcase/duffle bag). Any tips on where he can store his belongings while at the embassy?

Hope that all makes sense!

merci :)

Bleh, he should have scheduled his appointment with doctor Slattery, it's all in one place.

It's normal, but the way it's organized with this doctor is just not convenient at all.

With doctor Slattery, everything is on the same street and you're done within 2h.

Maybe he had no choice?

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Timeline

Bleh, he should have scheduled his appointment with doctor Slattery, it's all in one place.

It's normal, but the way it's organized with this doctor is just not convenient at all.

With doctor Slattery, everything is on the same street and you're done within 2h.

Maybe he had no choice?

I guess he was given an option of 2 doctors, the first one was full (I'm guessing that was Dr. Slattery then), and the second one was Dr. Jolly.

Thanks for the clarification!

Timeline

Hmmm no, it's also in 3 different places with Dr. Slaterry. Blood test in in the same street, very close to Dr. Slaterry office, but other side of the street, and the X-rays are at a radiology place 5min away walking. At least it was like this last March 2012!

Dr. LeParc is not anymore on the sheet inside of Packet 4? There's a list of 3 doctors. LeParc, Slattery and Jolly.

Also, he can let some stuff outside of the embassy. There will be security guards to inspect his stuff before entering the embassy, like at an airport. They usually keep things like cell phone, etc. Don't know if they keep a whole suitcase though.

Edited by didopage

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hmmm no, it's also in 3 different places with Dr. Slaterry. Blood test in in the same street, very close to Dr. Slaterry office, but other side of the street, and the X-rays are at a radiology place 5min away walking. At least it was like this last March 2012!

Dr. LeParc is not anymore on the sheet inside of Packet 4? There's a list of 3 doctors. LeParc, Slattery and Jolly.

Also, he can let some stuff outside of the embassy. There will be security guards to inspect his stuff before entering the embassy, like at an airport. They usually keep things like cell phone, etc. Don't know if they keep a whole suitcase though.

Agreed on Dr Slattery. Convenient, but you still have to walk to 3 different places.

For his suitcase/bag, there might be lockers at the train station. Don't know if those still exist, due to anti terrorist actions taken though. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Bonjour à tous

J'ai une question concernant le passage à la police aux frontières à CDG. Est-ce que mon épouse (qui a un passeport des USA) peut passer à la même file que moi ; celle réservée aux passepots de l'U.E. ?

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Timeline

Faut le faire en douce, genre si y'a des gens qui controlent (vite-fait), tu montres ton passeport et tu lui tiens la main. :P Je pense que ca peut passer !

Souvent, j'ai meme pas montre mon passeport pour aller dans la bonne file tellement il y avait de monde.

Enfin j'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de tester avec mon mari, alors ta question et les reponses des autres m'interessent. :)

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

En France on est plus coulants. Je ne pense pas qu'on puisse faire ça aux States...

Au fait c'est quand qu'on a l'interview dans une pièce séparée? Lors de la demande de la GC?

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

Timeline

Bonjour à tous

J'ai une question concernant le passage à la police aux frontières à CDG. Est-ce que mon épouse (qui a un passeport des USA) peut passer à la même file que moi ; celle réservée aux passepots de l'U.E. ?

Je le fait tout le temps avec ma fiancée. On passe tous les deux en même temps, ils s'en foutent complètement :)

Timeline

Vous passez par CDG quand vous revenez en France?

Bon je repose ma question : C'est quand qu'on a l'interview dans une pièce séparée? Lors de la demande de la GC?

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Vous passez par CDG quand vous revenez en France?

Bon je repose ma question : C'est quand qu'on a l'interview dans une pièce séparée? Lors de la demande de la GC?

L'interview des epoux c'est normalement au moment de la 1ere et 2eme carte verte. Mais souvent les personnes qui sont arrivees aux US avec un visa K1 fiance n'ont pas cet entretien, sauf si l'immigration a vraiment un doute sur le legitimite du mariage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.