Smoochie1209

Psychological Evaluation

13 posts in this topic

So my wife went to get her medical done at St. Luke yesterday. While waiting forever to get the first part done, the Doc deemed her to be evaluated psychological, which is extra 1k PHP just because she has scars on her wrist and taking sleeping pills. One.. my wife was a catcher in softball and anyone who played that position either softball or baseball, will get cuts and scars over time. She has been having a hard time sleeping so she tried sleeping pills.. so what? That doesn't make her depressant or suicidal. We are both pretty upset at the way this is happening. I really hope this doesn't effect the interview at all. I can't really believe this. :angry:

The golden rule:" He who has the gold makes the rules" applies here. Hope she doesn't get the sputum test too. There's nothing anyone can do to change their minds once it's set and to fight would be counterproductive. Just humor them as she's ok and chalk it up to over cautiousness on their part.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

i am taking sleeping pills sometimes too.. well "sleepwell" is the name.. but did they find out about it or she just admitted? coz im planning to say no heheeh i only took like twice and it was year ago.. hoping everything will turn out just fine with your wife.

as1cJWCgQd30010Mzcwc3wxNTY1MzQwc3xCZWVuIEhhcHBpbHkgTWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it is just the way the society is there. My fiancee found out that should you have tatooes or an anullment, you also have to go thru the evaluation.

When they looked at my fiancee's anullment and realized she had been away from the ex over 11 years, and also worked overseas in Kuwait for 7 years, they figured she was sound enough to not go thru the exam and gave her a pass.

Hope it all works out, I really think it is nothing to worry about at this point..

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think it is just the way the society is there. My fiancee found out that should you have tatooes or an anullment, you also have to go thru the evaluation.

When they looked at my fiancee's anullment and realized she had been away from the ex over 11 years, and also worked overseas in Kuwait for 7 years, they figured she was sound enough to not go thru the exam and gave her a pass.

Hope it all works out, I really think it is nothing to worry about at this point..

whattttt this is crazy. Glad london is not this way, I have loads of tattoos and the doctor didn't say anything to me :P Crazy how a tattoo can deem you psychologically off?

Sorry your OH has to go through it op :(

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

So my wife went to get her medical done at St. Luke yesterday. While waiting forever to get the first part done, the Doc deemed her to be evaluated psychological, which is extra 1k PHP just because she has scars on her wrist and taking sleeping pills. One.. my wife was a catcher in softball and anyone who played that position either softball or baseball, will get cuts and scars over time. She has been having a hard time sleeping so she tried sleeping pills.. so what? That doesn't make her depressant or suicidal. We are both pretty upset at the way this is happening. I really hope this doesn't effect the interview at all. I can't really believe this. :angry:

I am waiting for my medical. And i do have scars because of operations when my left thumb got cut when i was five. I live all the way in visayas. I just need to know how many days did her medical take or how many days till she finish her medicals due to this ?

Please do response. And God will take care of us.

She did her initial exam on Tuesday(monday here) and they said she has to go back thurs(wed here) at 8am. If you don't have immunizations and they aren't packed(which they are all the time) them it can be done in one day. Other wise is close to a guarantee that it's a 2 day experience

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Not accurate...

My wife has 4 Tattoos and wasn't required to undergo a psych exam.

Her son (only 2 at the time) was required though because he didn't speak, never mind that fact that he's deaf!

As for the annulment, IIRC it's only of she was deemed something like not mentally competent as the grounds for annulment.

She did her initial exam on Tuesday(monday here) and they said she has to go back thurs(wed here) at 8am. If you don't have immunizations and they aren't packed(which they are all the time) them it can be done in one day. Other wise is close to a guarantee that it's a 2 day experience

Even with the Psychological Eval it didnt take her more than 2 days? Pls do msg me after on how many days it tale her to pass when she is done with everything. Thank u

so the psychological evalutaion didnt take long at all?it didnt add up delays of the exam?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

honestly, every doc is different and so is every medical exam.

i think its diff from country to country too.

i have scars on my arm too and was asked about them - and was asked bout my mental history. yes, th scars are from self injury in the past - and i told th doc. i was scared before the interview since i was just unsure what th doc might have written on the form for the embassy. but no questions bout medical stuff at the interview so all seemed to be right.

if u have scars from whatever - then be honest and tell th doc where they re from.

and if they do a psych test or whatever, relax. it might be a pain, ok, but if u dont have anything to hide there shouldnt be a prob.

so y'all, try to relax - my fingers r crossed that all will go well and fast for u.

event.png

event.png

I miss him endlessly - and can't wait to finally be united again.

event.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline
i think its diff from country to country too.

That is about the only relevant part of your post. The Philippines in unique in just about every regard when it comes to the medical. Things that don't matter in any other country are a big (and I mean HUGE) deal in the Philippines. I mean really what other country would insist on a psych eval on a deaf 2 year old who doesn't talk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.