nycdreams

AOS from O1 to Green Card

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I currently have an O1 visa but have not utilised it because the work fell through. And am still residing in Sydney Australia.

I read that it's easier to apply for the green card through the consulate rather than doing an AOS in USA. It will take less time that way.

My question is, do I just apply as if i'm not using the O1 currently, or do i have to do an AOS through the consulate?

The O1 is valid until August 2013. However I'm wanting to apply and get all this done ASAP.

Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It looks like you need to file an I-140. But all the websites I have looked up say to consult an immigration lawyer to see if you meet the requirements to file and get a green card from O1 visas.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

On what basis are you planning to get a greencard?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I just won the DV 2012.

I was about to move to USA next month under the 01, but now I am thinking of staying here and just applying for everything at the Sydney consulate.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry I wasn't clear. I just won the DV 2012.

I was about to move to USA next month under the 01, but now I am thinking of staying here and just applying for everything at the Sydney consulate.

Thanks!

You should double check to make sure you actually won it and its not a fake or a hoax. You need to give FULL details as to your situation so people can help you properly. Don't give just bits and parts of it! If you have questions on DV you should post in the DV lottery section.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

You should double check to make sure you actually won it and its not a fake or a hoax. You need to give FULL details as to your situation so people can help you properly. Don't give just bits and parts of it! If you have questions on DV you should post in the DV lottery section.

Lol no it's real. Found out on the official site over the weekend. I will post to DV forum also, but I thought someone might have had the same experience in here as it's related to a work visa also.

You just follow normal DV processing as if the O visa didn't exist. You aren't exactly switching - you haven't activated your O visa and your job fell through. If you wanted to use it you would need a new employer and an amended I-129 form.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I do have 1 job ive done for more than 2 years in the past 5 years that puts me in the JOB ZONE 4 as a TV news reporter/anchor. But then 2 others i've done that are both JOB ZONE 3. I have done JOB ZONE 4 + 3 roles at concurrent times.

As long as I've got 1 JOB ZONE 4, the other jobs should not affect me should they????

How does this get verified? My role on my contract doesn't title me as a reporter/anchor, but a presenter. which im concerned could drop me down to the JOB ZONE 3.

Does it come down to using certain words and terminology? do i put reporter/anchor as the ONET website lists me as? or what's on my contract?

thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.