jmt

beneficiary date of birth

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We called the NVC to inquire about the status of our petition. The customer service person said the date of birth I gave her didn't match with what was on the account. I gave her the USCIS # and beneficiary's name. Is this something that needs to be corrected or hold up our papers? and how long it will takes before it will be fix by NVC?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, that should be corrected.

What was the problem? Wrong birth year, month and day reversed etc...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It shouldn't hold up the process. I'd call them again and ask them to correct it. If they say they cannot, just make sure it is done at the embassy during the interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Seems this is not at all uncommon in the Philippines. My wife is having the same problem, her NSO Birth Certificate birth date is incorrect, just a day or so off, although all her other documents (passport, voting card, school records, etc.) has her correct date of birth. She has had to get an attorney and file in court in order to get it corrected. Her attorney (whom her family knows) said it usually takes at least 6 months to get it corrected but if she hand carries all the paperwork and forms herself between the Court, Local Civil Registrar and NSO instead of waiting for them to send all documentation then the time frame may be lessened to 3 months. An incorrect birth date on the NSO Birth Certificate when the U.S Embassy compares it to all the other documents with a different birth date is a redflag according to my wife's attorney. I have attached a link below for you to check out that states the different circumstances and steps needed to be taken.

http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/nso-certificate-problems

Hope this link will answer you question better.

Marion & Wilma

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Seems this is not at all uncommon in the Philippines. My wife is having the same problem, her NSO Birth Certificate birth date is incorrect, just a day or so off, although all her other documents (passport, voting card, school records, etc.) has her correct date of birth. She has had to get an attorney and file in court in order to get it corrected. Her attorney (whom her family knows) said it usually takes at least 6 months to get it corrected but if she hand carries all the paperwork and forms herself between the Court, Local Civil Registrar and NSO instead of waiting for them to send all documentation then the time frame may be lessened to 3 months. An incorrect birth date on the NSO Birth Certificate when the U.S Embassy compares it to all the other documents with a different birth date is a redflag according to my wife's attorney. I have attached a link below for you to check out that states the different circumstances and steps needed to be taken.

http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/nso-certificate-problems

Hope this link will answer you question better.

Marion & Wilma

The above is in case the Birth Certificate birth date is incorrect, if it is just that you wrote the wrong birth date on the petition then disregard my above post.

Sorry if I misunderstood your problem.

Marion & WIlma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks mar_wil! ur reply is very much appreciated and sorry to hear about ur wife's case, hope u'll get through it very soon. our problem is wrong birth date on our petition, we have called the nvc to correct it and they said it wont take long and they will process it.

thanks again and God bless!

when we received our NOA1 the beneficiary date of birth and country is incorrect. we called their customer service immediately to have it corrected and they sent us another NOA for that. i'm just curious if you checked your NOA1 if all information their about the beneficiary is correct.

date of birth on our NOA1 is correct, so it sounds like USCIS have a clerical error on their part.

most likely

Edited by ChristineMichael

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.