xocanin

Interview question

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys.

My interview (Rio) is on Tuesday and I'm looking through emails, chat logs, skype logs and whatnot to submit as evidence of our relationship. I was told that just 20 pages of stuff "is more than enough", is that true?

I've only got 15 pictures of us together -- will this be a problem? He was here last year and we shared an apartment for a month, but we took more pictures OF each other than of the two of us together. We just were not thinking about marriage at that point and didn't know we would need photos.

Help?

12/23/2010 - filed

05/02/2011 - petition approved

07/19/2011 - interview (approved!!!!!)

08/16/2011 - POE Houston TX

09/19/2011 - married!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think for the K1 visa they are more worried about the two of your being able and free to marry and that you have met over the past 2 years, which you have since you even shared a place together for a while. Your email and chat logs, pictures etc. will be fine.

The evidence of a bona fide marriage will come after you enter the US, marry and AOS. At that point, it will be important to show some comingling of personal lives and financial.

Good luck :)

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We provided a single 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper with six captioned photos printed on it. No chat logs, no emails, no love letters, nothing.

Beside that, naturally our boarding passes and the like, which was evidence of us being together.

But as far as all of this social media evidence, I wouldn't put too much of a emphasis on it. As the last poster said, the point of the K-1 is to prove you've met in the last two years, are both legally free to marry, and that the USC (or cosponsor) has the financial means to support you.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

Okay,thanks! We have his plane ticket and proof that we shared a flat for a month so we should be okay with that + some emails and stuff and the 15 photos, right?

Also... how do you guys deal with this pre-interview anxiety? I haven't slept for more than 4 hours over the past couple of days... I'm so nervous...

12/23/2010 - filed

09/19/2011 - married!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please do not confuse requirements for the I-129F PETITION with requirements of the K-1 VISA. They are 2 seperate things.

Being free to marry and having met in the past 2 years are MINIMUM requirements for approval of the I-129F PETITION...NOT the K-1 visa. There is a difference between approval of the I-129F petition (which you already have) and approval of the K-1 visa (which you are still applying to). Also the K-1 visa requires a seperate new application (the 4 DS forms 156, 156k, 157, 230 part1) and has seperate new requirements....all the local forms (BC, police certificate.....), financial requirements, medical exam, AND evidence of CONTINUED (again CONTINUED) relationship.

Having just met once in the past 2 years is not evidence of continued relationship. You will need to show that you two are continually talking/communicating with one another...phone calls, emails, chats, pictures, letters... This eveidence has to samples that span the entire period of your relationship until today. Yes, it is VERY "important". Now if the CO thinks that your relationship is strong, he/she might not even look at evidence of continued relationship...this happens often...but you should never rely on that. You should always be prepared to give him the evidence if CO asks for it.

Anxiety is normal...but relax. Just be yourself and answer all questions honestly and you will be fine.

Good Luck.

Timeline

Right, so is it best to err on the side of caution and bring like, 100 emails and chat logs?

What I have right now is:

- A copy of his passport with the stamps showing his arrival and departure from his trip here last year

- Copy of his boarding pass

- Email that he sent me and his mother on his layover in Houston, when he was on his way here, and our replies

- Copy of the receipt from the hotel room that we shared, with both our names on it

- Receipt from the hospital (he hurt his head during his visit and needed stitches)

- About 20 pages of emails + chat logs

- Two screenshots showing the number of emails we've exchanged in the past 3 years (820) and the number of chat logs on Google talk (520)

- Skype call log, three pages

- A printout of my cellphone's inbox with all our text messages, along with an email from him saying that we need to stop texting so much because it's costing him too much money (we used to text a LOT)

- Customs forms from all the gifts he ever sent me, with his name and signature, along with order confirmation pages from said gifts

- Email exchanges between me and his mother

- A card that his mother sent me last year

- 15 photographs of us together

Does this look good enough, or should I bring anything else? I don't have any more photos of us together, though I do have photos that we took of each other. I'm guessing those wouldn't really help, though.

We talk and email daily, so it really won't be a problem to print out more emails and chat logs if that will help.

Also thank you very, very much. I'm confident that I have all the forms and everything else that I need, I am really just concerned about the evidence -- I don't want to end up getting rejected because I didn't print enough emails. So thank you for the information. Please let me know if what I have looks good enough and if not, what I can do to make it better.

Edited by xocanin

12/23/2010 - filed

09/19/2011 - married!

Timeline

Looks like you are in great shape! Just some final points...

-Just make sure your phone calls/chat logs/texts/pictures are samples that span the entire period of your relationship

-If you have pictures of both of you with famility members that would be great...but not necessary. Write the date, location, and the people on the back of each photo.

-If you have ORIGINALS of the boarding passes, receipts....take it with you. For the I-134 and supporting docs, all MUST be ORIGINALS.

Again, you look like you have good evidence. Good Luck!!!!

Timeline

Looks like you are in great shape! Just some final points...

-Just make sure your phone calls/chat logs/texts/pictures are samples that span the entire period of your relationship

-If you have pictures of both of you with famility members that would be great...but not necessary. Write the date, location, and the people on the back of each photo.

-If you have ORIGINALS of the boarding passes, receipts....take it with you. For the I-134 and supporting docs, all MUST be ORIGINALS.

Again, you look like you have good evidence. Good Luck!!!!

Oh my God. Now we have a huge problem! :( I do not have the originals. The boarding passes are his, not mine, and we were told that copies were fine for evidence, so he sent me copies and kept the original passes. The receipts and customs forms from the gifts are originals but the boarding passes are not. And neither are the I-134 forms for that matter. The first packet that was mailed to me by our lawyer never made it here, so she overnighted a second one with just copies, and told us that copies were just fine as long as my documents (birth certificate, passport, etc) were the originals. Worse, I asked her if I should just postpone the interview and wait for the original packet to arrive and she said no because everything was fine!!

Oh my God I'm going to have a heart attack, there is no time to postpone it now and everything is paid for, my flight to Rio, hotel room, etc... God, what am I supposed to do now? I leave tomorrow morning! :(

12/23/2010 - filed

09/19/2011 - married!

Timeline

Well, if you do not have the originals, then there is no need to keep worrying. The CO might not even look at or need the originals. As for the I-134 form, the signiture I heard needs to be original (right people?). If there is still time, try to get the original I-134 if you can. If you cannot, then please do not get worked up or get stressted. If the CO wants the original, he/she can tell you to go and get it and return with it.

Relax, think happy thoughts, and good luck.

Timeline

There is no way I have enough time to get the original I-134 now - it's on the way to me, it has been for weeks. That package never arrived. There's no time to do another one now, either. I leave for Rio tomorrow morning, my interview is on Tuesday morning, and even overnight mail takes 3 days to arrive here. :(

Oh man how can I NOT freak out about this? What happens if they don't accept the copies? Will they reschedule? :(

Edited by xocanin

12/23/2010 - filed

09/19/2011 - married!

Timeline

If the CO did not accept the copies, he/she usually issue a 221g for the originals. Unless the CO slept on the bad side of the bed that night, rarely they will deny the application. Again, if the CO wants the originals, he/she will usually ask for it, and tell you to return with it.

Again, think positive and happy thoughts, and Good Luck! Hope you will be with your loved one soon!!!

Edited by lovepath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no way I have enough time to get the original I-134 now - it's on the way to me, it has been for weeks. That package never arrived. There's no time to do another one now, either. I leave for Rio tomorrow morning, my interview is on Tuesday morning, and even overnight mail takes 3 days to arrive here. :(

Oh man how can I NOT freak out about this? What happens if they don't accept the copies? Will they reschedule? :(

Don't go into the interview looking worried or stressed. At this point there is nothing you can do about any missing or incorrect documents. Just go in confident and relaxed...if they happen to need further documents, they will ask for it. Try to relax...take a long walk and think positive thoughts...thoughts that you are approved. :thumbs:

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

Timeline

Thanks guys, I'll do my best to stay calm. I'm just very stressed because I don't know how I'll pay for a second trip to Rio if I have to go back, and also because I haven't seen my fiance in over a year and I miss him so bad. I don't want any more delays. :(

12/23/2010 - filed

09/19/2011 - married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks guys, I'll do my best to stay calm. I'm just very stressed because I don't know how I'll pay for a second trip to Rio if I have to go back, and also because I haven't seen my fiance in over a year and I miss him so bad. I don't want any more delays. :(

Any experienced members here correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if they would need documents, you could probably just mail them.

I understand not wanting delays...you're almost at the finish line...just stay positive! You'll do fine! Keep us updated!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys.

My interview (Rio) is on Tuesday and I'm looking through emails, chat logs, skype logs and whatnot to submit as evidence of our relationship. I was told that just 20 pages of stuff "is more than enough", is that true?

I've only got 15 pictures of us together -- will this be a problem? He was here last year and we shared an apartment for a month, but we took more pictures OF each other than of the two of us together. We just were not thinking about marriage at that point and didn't know we would need photos.

Help?

When you go to the interview all the paperwork has to be correct. You should have at the least some of your chats and emails. The more you can come up with the better. As for anxiety I am still at noa1 and have trouble sleeping. If you can show up at the interview together that shows your together also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.