meandmyangels

visa questions

9 posts in this topic

I really need information to anybody here.

I am from Cebu, Philippines. Anybody from that place?

Anyway, we are planning on getting a visa but don't know what type. I am confuse. I am married to a US Citizen. He is not a permanent resident here in the Philippines. I heard that you can file IR1 if your husband is a permanent resident in the Philippines. Is that true? We have 2 kids and what type of visa for them to get? We've been married for 6 years now.

If we file the IR1, what form are we going to fill up? And what form for our boys we are going to fill up? And if it is a K3 what forms also we are going to fill up?

Thanks in advance. You're ideas is appreciated

Money is not the root of evil. It is the Love of Money is the evil.

You will apply for an IR1 visa. The first step is for your husband to file form I-130. Is he living in the US or does he have some kind of visa in the Philippines?

Your children may qualify for US citizenship. You can read more here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html If they are the children of you and your US husband, they were born after your marriage, and your husband lived in the US for at least 5 years, 2 of which must have been after the age of 14, then they definitely qualify for US citizenship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really need information to anybody here.

I am from Cebu, Philippines. Anybody from that place?

Anyway, we are planning on getting a visa but don't know what type. I am confuse. I am married to a US Citizen. He is not a permanent resident here in the Philippines. I heard that you can file IR1 if your husband is a permanent resident in the Philippines. Is that true? We have 2 kids and what type of visa for them to get? We've been married for 6 years now.

If we file the IR1, what form are we going to fill up? And what form for our boys we are going to fill up? And if it is a K3 what forms also we are going to fill up?

Thanks in advance. You're ideas is appreciated

You have 2 options for your visa I think: K3 or IR1, petition form for that is the I-130 which will be filled up by your USC husband.

For your kids, THEY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CITIZENSHIP!!! through ur USC husband. :thumbs::)

Just apply for CRBA (if born here in the PI) and a US passport for them. If the consul approves their application, ofcourse the CRBAs and passports for your 2 sons will be issued, no need a visa. :)

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

You will apply for an IR1 visa. The first step is for your husband to file form I-130. Is he living in the US or does he have some kind of visa in the Philippines?

Your children may qualify for US citizenship. You can read more here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html If they are the children of you and your US husband, they were born after your marriage, and your husband lived in the US for at least 5 years, 2 of which must have been after the age of 14, then they definitely qualify for US citizenship.

Yes he is living in the US. He come here in the Philippines for 5 to 6 months. Then back to US for 6 months to work. My kids already a US citizen. Yes they are our children. They are aged 3 and 4 years old and born after we got married.

Thank you so much for your info

You have 2 options for your visa I think: K3 or IR1, petition form for that is the I-130 which will be filled up by your USC husband.

For your kids, THEY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CITIZENSHIP!!! through ur USC husband. :thumbs::)

Just apply for CRBA (if born here in the PI) and a US passport for them. If the consul approves their application, ofcourse the CRBAs and passports for your 2 sons will be issued, no need a visa. :)

What is CRBA stands for?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What is CRBA stands for?

consular report of birth abroad.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

What is CRBA stands for?

They are done of that CRBA. They had their US birth, US passport. So that means they don't need a visa? I will proceed for my visa by filing the IR1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are done of that CRBA. They had their US birth, US passport. So that means they don't need a visa? I will proceed for my visa by filing the IR1

If they have a US passport then they are finished and yes you continue with your papers that you need to do to get a visa to move to the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.