Dumb/Dumber

ISO Tier 2 says background checks can take years

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have tried to reach out for help to my family, to USCIS, and to Visa Journey. The pain is overwhelming. A nice man a USCIS told me today that these background checks can go on for years. He said that since I filed the K-3 that this should not have put me at 8 months waiting. He answered all my questions and told me that he was not suppose to give his opinion, but that if he were me, he would probably move to Turkey to be with my husband. This means leaving my children, my father, my job, and selling my house. I will never understand why this happened to us. So many have judged us including my children because I am so much older than my husband, but he truly loves me and only wanted me to be happy, but as long as I can be happy in Turkey, that is what he has always wanted.

I thanked the nice man at USCIS who told me he was only allowed to talk to me a few minutes or he gets in trouble, but he talked to me as long as I needed him to because he cared. I told him GOD BLESS YOU, because so many of us are going through so much pain that you never know whose life you might be saving.

My heart is breaking to leave my country, but I love my husband.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you contacted your congress person to have them inquire? or your senator?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Have you contacted your congress person to have them inquire? or your senator?

I did back in May and the Senator's aide says they tell her the same thing they tell me.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have tried to reach out for help to my family, to USCIS, and to Visa Journey. The pain is overwhelming. A nice man a USCIS told me today that these background checks can go on for years. He said that since I filed the K-3 that this should not have put me at 8 months waiting. He answered all my questions and told me that he was not suppose to give his opinion, but that if he were me, he would probably move to Turkey to be with my husband. This means leaving my children, my father, my job, and selling my house. I will never understand why this happened to us. So many have judged us including my children because I am so much older than my husband, but he truly loves me and only wanted me to be happy, but as long as I can be happy in Turkey, that is what he has always wanted.

I thanked the nice man at USCIS who told me he was only allowed to talk to me a few minutes or he gets in trouble, but he talked to me as long as I needed him to because he cared. I told him GOD BLESS YOU, because so many of us are going through so much pain that you never know whose life you might be saving.

My heart is breaking to leave my country, but I love my husband.

I almost cried reading this. At least the person you spoke to confirmed the fears and suspicions of all of us stuck in the pile instead of giving a runaround. I do not intend to risk waiting for years either (well - already have, but there is a limit). And you guys have not even done anything wrong...

Well, don't rush, think on it and do what you need to do. If you are serious, I suggest renting out your house rather than selling it. Leaves you in a more secure place personally and will also help to establish domicile if you attempt DCF from Turkey at a later time.

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Timeline

I think the man I talked to is trying to help me. I just got a Request for Evidence Text message and e-mail. He also told me to contact my congressman. I googled Tennessee congressional immigration help and found a Congressman that specializes in helping with immigration issues. You need to google the one in your state. Contact him and ask for help. Now that a Tier 2 person told me that, I am positive you can find a congressman they will help you. You just have to find the right one. I faxed mine a letter today because I want his help until I am either approved or denied.

We have to fight. I was scared to make the USCIS angry so after my Senator said they could not help me I did not go any further. I was wrong. Get help. Also call and ask to talk to tier 2 officer and tell them the truth. Remember they will try to rush you off the phone because they get into trouble for talking so long, but just write your questions down and be honest. I was completely open and honest about my situation and he cared and listened.

Good Luck and we are both going to need it.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's great news!!! An RFE!!! Is it a simple one or pretty intense?

I made an InfoPass appointment after reading your message and talked to a person just an hour ago who was very friendly but couldn't give any information. She did say that the last action taken on my 1st petition was that they shredded my approval notice since it was returned undeliverable from my permanent address (where I had tenants). She had a very hard time grasping that we actually had an interview after that and that this was not the reason I refiled!!

She did also recommend I be more aggressive with repeated service requests.

Unfortunately we only have one Congressman - but I am going to call them again and see if they will do more follow-up.

What did you say to them to get to a Tier 2 and what questions did you ask?

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Timeline

That's great news!!! An RFE!!! Is it a simple one or pretty intense?

I made an InfoPass appointment after reading your message and talked to a person just an hour ago who was very friendly but couldn't give any information. She did say that the last action taken on my 1st petition was that they shredded my approval notice since it was returned undeliverable from my permanent address (where I had tenants). She had a very hard time grasping that we actually had an interview after that and that this was not the reason I refiled!!

She did also recommend I be more aggressive with repeated service requests.

Unfortunately we only have one Congressman - but I am going to call them again and see if they will do more follow-up.

What did you say to them to get to a Tier 2 and what questions did you ask?

I just told them upfront that I needed to talk to a Tier 2 ISO officer because I have many questions since it was eight months today that I have received my NOA1. I was very polite and the lady kept asking if I was sure she could not help me. I told her I was sure, she still ask me a few questions and then transferred me. Remember they are being recorded so they will transfer you as long as you keep telling them you need to talk to tier 2. I told the tier 2 person my situation and that I was trying to decide if i needed to move to Turkey. I ask him if it was my age that was holding things up. i ask him how could the background checks take so long. I ask him if the background checks could take years. I ask him if he had my husband's birthday correct so I could tell if was really looking at my file. I ask him if the hold up was my background or my husband's. He said they knew everything about me already because I was an American Citizen. He also told me to get my congressman involved. I made sure that he knew how much pain we were in just by talking to him as if he was a friend. I told him how much I appreciated him for listening. I had everything written down so I would not forget anything or hesitate to talk because the last tier 2 person cut me off and hung up. I know why now because they are timed.

You can do this. I thought I could not, but I did. If the first tier 2 doesn't help call back and get another one in a week. That is what I did.

I pray you too hear something. An RFE is better than nothing at all.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i feel sad about what i read from you,but like monyfer theres no reason for them to deny you and them,mine is more complicated as yours,there was a time i was like givin up but my fiance is the one who always telling me to be patient, just relax,,im tryin to do it but im still worried about what could be the result of this long waiting?! eventhough im not so religious type of a person but now all i could do is to pray to GOD bcoz no one here can give me the exact answer that im seeking. i will stil, pray,hope and wish that we will get an approval soon,bcoz we arent bad persons we deserve to be happy and I hope that the adjudicators that will adjudicate my papers have heart and understanding,PLEASE USCIS DONT BE UNFAIR TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU WERE IN OUR SITUATIONS????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.