Lara & Mhikel

Marrying in the Philippines

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

I was just curious... I submitted my fiancé petition, planning that I will have a simple civil marriage here in Hawaii when all this goes through since I have family & friends here in Hawaii and I grew up here most of my life.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to fly back to the philippines after the green card and stuff and have a catholic church wedding if front of our family and friends?

Also is there gonna be any special requirement needed like going to the US embassy and such? I would think not because me and my fiancé will already be married legally by then in the states. But, I just wanted to know.

Also it would be my dream come true wedding because it would be in the church that me and my fiancé were baptized in :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
05/15/10 - met my future husband in the Philippines on a family vacation
05/18/10 - started dating... He asked me out :) while I was crushing on him....hehe
11/05/10 - flew to PI to visit him again for 1 week <3
11/06/10 - PROPOSED part 1... our engagement/promise rings
05/08/11 - flew to PI to visit him again for 2 weeks <3
05/20/11 - PROPOSED part 2... our engagement/promise rings

K-1 visa process:
05/31/11 - submit I-129F to USCIS (fee: $340)
06/02/11- NOA1 received (NO RFE)
08/08/11- NOA2 received (APPROVAL) in 67 days
08/18/11- CASE # received by NVC
08/19/11- SENT TO MANILA CONSULATE
08/22/11- NVC hard copy letter received :)
08/26/11 - CONSULATE RECIEVED PETITION
09/05/11 - Interview packet recieved for FIANCE
09/15/11 - Fiance RECIEVED documents from me :)
10/06/11 - FIANCE received PASSPORT (fee: 1,200 peso)
10/06/11 - PAY Interview fees (fee: 15,400 peso)
10/10-11/11- MEDICAL/VACCINATION INTERVIEW (fee: 9,400 peso) - APPROVE!!
10/17/11 - US EMBASSY INTERVIEW (221g ~ submit additional documents)
10/23/11 - 11/05/11 ~ vacation to visit FIANCE in PHILIPPINES 2 weeks <3
10/26/11 - USEM RECIEVED NSO BC/CENOMAR #2
11/04/11 - USEM RECIEVED NBI CLEARANCE #2 & Passport
11/09/11 - USEM CO REVIEWING
12/01/11 - USEM APPROVED, ISSUED & PRINTED
12/05/11 - VISA Sent out to 2GO
12/09/11 - VISA in Hand (DO NOT OPEN BROWN ENVOLOPE)
12/14/11 - CFO SEMINAR (fee: 650 peso)
12/27/11 - POE Honolulu (one way ticket $750)

*02.12.12 - WEDDING ;)

(*) - Estimated date ~ not confirmed yet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No special requirements, as it won't be a legal wedding.

Remember your fiance won't be able to travel until she has AP or her greencard, so don't plan the church wedding until several months after the legal wedding in the USA.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

I was just curious... I submitted my fiancé petition, planning that I will have a simple civil marriage here in Hawaii when all this goes through since I have family & friends here in Hawaii and I grew up here most of my life.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to fly back to the philippines after the green card and stuff and have a catholic church wedding if front of our family and friends?

Also is there gonna be any special requirement needed like going to the US embassy and such? I would think not because me and my fiancé will already be married legally by then in the states. But, I just wanted to know.

Also it would be my dream come true wedding because it would be in the church that me and my fiancé were baptized in :)

Hi. Im flying in Hawaii this Aug, my fiance lives there and we're getting a cevil wedding on Sept 2. Do you know anything about civil wedding in Hawaii specifically in Honolulu? thanks :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Im flying in Hawaii this Aug, my fiance lives there and we're getting a cevil wedding on Sept 2. Do you know anything about civil wedding in Hawaii specifically in Honolulu? thanks :)

google is you friend

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.