amanduh

Concerned about proof

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

My finacee just received a letter you get after notice of action ( I forget which) and we're at the point where he needs to show proof of our relationship or engagement or whatever. Our problem is we met online, only see each other once or twice a year, never ever take pictures or get our pictures taken, and we haven't really spent a lot of time with each other's family because mine thinks I'm stupid for wanting to marry someone outside the US and his barely talks to him. When we see each other we visit for about a month and do hang out with his friends a bit but for the most part we keep to ourselves. We just got engaged in January and if I knew I should have been talking three million pictures, I would have. Mine mostly consist of signs, scenery, and food. I'm worried we won't have enough proof of our relationship. =/ Does this all look super shady? Should we assume we're not going to get accepted?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Have the photos dated. Original receipts of your fiance(e)'s transactions done in your country reflected by credit card statements, itineraries, boarding passes, travel tax receipts, terminal fee receipts, baggage claim checks, and airline tickets should come in handy.

Proof of relationship can include:

pictures

airplane tickets

money transfers

phone records

e-mails

letters

recipts.

They want to ensure that your relationship is real. I wouldn't worry to much about not having a lot of pictures. If you can produce these other forms of proof along with letters of intent to marry from both you and your fiance it should be enough. I've seen other people on VJ get letters from friends or people they know who recognize them as a couple.

K-1 Journey

11/27/2010-SENT

12/11/2010 NOA1

04/20/2011 NOA2

04/28/2011 Received by NVC!!

4/29/2011 Sent to Haitian Embassy

6/24/2011 Medical completed

6/30/2011 Medical results picked up approved

7/1/2011 Documents sent to Haiti messenger

7/19/2011 Interview date to be announced

7/19/2011 Assigned interview date

9/2/2011 Interview date (NO RFE :)

9/2/2011 Visa APPROVED!!

9/7/2011 Visa in Hand in Haiti

9/16/2011 Passport in hand in Haiti

10/1/2011 POE EWR airport

11/8/2011 ***Married*** :)

11/17/2011 Applied Social Security #

11/21/2011 SS# Recieved

AOS Journey

12/30/2011 AOS Package Mailed

1/03/2012 Notice of Action

1/06/2012 Check cashed

1/25/2012 Biometrics Appointment..completed..

2/11/2012 RFE

3/7/2012 RFE response mailed

3/16/2012 EAD Card in production!!!!

10/09/2012 Green Card production ordered : } no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No. Dont assume you will not be approved. Pictures is considered "secondary" evidence. Primary evidence are things like passport stamps, hotel receipts, atm receipts...basically things like that that have your name, date, etc that proves you were in the country at the time you said you were. However, evidence of having met each other is for the K1 packet you sent in. I dont know what step you are on because you didn't state it and you don't have a timeline up. So I can't really speak to what you need.

The part of proving a relationship comes at teh end of the K1 when the beneficiary has their interview. Then you need to provide chat logs, emails, postcards, phone records etc that proves you have been in a relationship for awhile.

Give us more information and fill out your profile and we can be more helpful. Also read This for help.

Met online - 12/2008

Met in Person 1st Time - 2/2009

Engaged - 12/2009

Filed I-129F - 3/27/11

Received Electronic NOA 1 - 4/7/11

NOA 2 - 6/29/11 (83 days from NOA 1)

RFE 8/15/11 (Needed proof that Fiancee is in Canada legally, Philippine citizen)

Packet 3 - 9/6/11

Packet 4 - Never Received

Interview 12/1/11

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Haha sorry I don't have all the details straight, it's been a long work week and I'm just up worrying when I should be sleeping. I'm also just getting used to all the form names; I tend to confuse myself easily!

He's getting ready for the interview, but I don't think the date is set yet; we just wanted to get a little head start.

We could probably provide truckloads of chat logs! But we have always used skype and vent to chat since there are no phone bills. We do transfer money when it's time to order plane tickets though. That's a great idea. There aren't many letters and packages sent, since we talk every day online and don't mail things since it's so expensive. (I guess I should be more worried about trying to prove he won't be a burden than proving we're in a relationship.)

Thank you for your help! I was really bringing myself down thinking the worst.

( I just found out about this site today and I started filling out my profile, but I decided to wait until I had the exact dates in front of me)

He told me a bank statement will be good too but only if it's signed by an employee of the bank and it's an original and not copied. Does everything he bring need to be original?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Its difficult to say exactly what will be required or recommended for the interview. Different countries have different requirements. There are specific requirements so you need to satisfy those. There is no mention of where the beneficary is from so its difficult to be specific. You can check the local Embassy Info (top of this page). For the initial petition you should have given proof of having met in the last 2 years, for the interview proof of ongoing relationship as well as all the other forms is needed.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.