JoBri

God Save the Country

74 posts in this topic

Thank God I married a conservative....

It was a crucial question prior to getting married. We are a house-united.

Sounds like someone has been into the Rum tonight.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Nah, just a realist appreciating what he has. A conservative wife who is like minded in many aspects of life and has shared values........God save this country!!

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nah, just a realist appreciating what he has. A conservative wife who is like minded in many aspects of life and has shared values........God save this country!!

God save this country from what?

Sounds like someone has been into the Rum tonight.

Nah, only watched the news...and looking forward to 2012.

But as another poster commented, it IS good in a marriage, I think, when both spouses are like-minded. My wife has the same values as me. She is not a citizen of the USA, but she knows more about the politics and political leaders and the values of this country than just about any American I know. I always am so impressed of what all she knows and the people she knows so much about.

In the Philippines, even before meeting me, she used to watch FOX news every day. She would really be a good candidate for Congress one day. She cant vote yet, but my vote will be for the same person she would vote for if she could vote. She actually wants to help campaign for the person her and I would like to see president, if that is possible.

So yes, it IS nice to have shared values in a marriage. And I really DID get clarification on that from her wayyy before we married. To me it was an important issue, where she stands on so many things such as her view of abortion, the family, the church, gay marriage and the impact on the nuclear family, national defense, spiritual beliefs and much, much more. I had lots of time to get to know her before she ever got here and before we had the chance to marry, and I wanted to know every little and big thing that could be a potential red flag or indication we we would have a difficult time as a couple or not. In learning her values and discovering we had shared values, it DID help in giving me a feeling of reassurance that the choices we were making to be together for life were going to be ok. And it DID help me to know her much better, to know what was important to her, what mattered in her heart in life about so many things... And the values of her heart made me fall all the MORE in love with her.

Brian in Tennessee

Timeline

Nah, only watched the news...and looking forward to 2012.

But as another poster commented, it IS good in a marriage, I think, when both spouses are like-minded. My wife has the same values as me. She is not a citizen of the USA, but she knows more about the politics and political leaders and the values of this country than just about any American I know. I always am so impressed of what all she knows and the people she knows so much about.

In the Philippines, even before meeting me, she used to watch FOX news every day. She would really be a good candidate for Congress one day. She cant vote yet, but my vote will be for the same person she would vote for if she could vote. She actually wants to help campaign for the person her and I would like to see president, if that is possible.

So yes, it IS nice to have shared values in a marriage. And I really DID get clarification on that from her wayyy before we married. To me it was an important issue, where she stands on so many things such as her view of abortion, the family, the church, gay marriage and the impact on the nuclear family, national defense, spiritual beliefs and much, much more. I had lots of time to get to know her before she ever got here and before we had the chance to marry, and I wanted to know every little and big thing that could be a potential red flag or indication we we would have a difficult time as a couple or not. In learning her values and discovering we had shared values, it DID help in giving me a feeling of reassurance that the choices we were making to be together for life were going to be ok. And it DID help me to know her much better, to know what was important to her, what mattered in her heart in life about so many things... And the values of her heart made me fall all the MORE in love with her.

Brian in Tennessee

While I agree that is important that both spouses share core values, I don't think that equates to meaning that you both vote for the same politicians, belong to the same political party, or agree on every piece of legislation. That would be boring.

The Philippines is predominantly Roman Catholic and the Church has a long history of standing up for the poor. In fact, they believe the message of the Gospel is essentially to do for the least of your brothers. So I'm not sure how well that translates into the modern American Conservative, political ideology. You'll never hear a Filipino candidate openly claim that poor people are lazy or that they should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. In fact, all recent presidential candidates in the Philippines have campaigned on the plight of the poor. Most of it appears to be lip service, but nonetheless, that is quite different from the political rhetoric you hear from modern Conservative American politicians.

Edited by 8TBVBN

While I agree that is important that both spouses share core values, I don't think that equates to meaning that you both vote for the same politicians, belong to the same political party, or agree on every piece of legislature. That would be boring.

The Philippines is predominantly Roman Catholic and the Church has a long history of standing up for the poor. In fact, they believe the message of the Gospel is essentially to do for the least of your brothers. So I'm not sure how well that translates into the modern American Conservative, political ideology. You'll never hear a Filipino candidate openly claim that poor people are lazy or that they should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. In fact, all recent presidential candidates in the Philippines have campaigned on the plight of the poor. Most of it appears to be lip service, but nonetheless, that is quite different from the political rhetoric you hear from modern Conservative American politicians.

Just because we share the same values and prefer the same person for president, etc. does not make OUR life boring, far from it. We simply have the same values. :) And it is nice in OUR relationship at least to share these same values. We differ in enough other ways than that. :)

And as far as I know, conservative values are not in o[[osition to the poor. As a matter of fact, conservative values seek to help the poor, not necessarily by free handouts around every corner enabling the poor to tay poor.

I am a conservative, and our family income is under $20,000 a year. So in the United States of America does that make me rich? No. Do we give to help the poor even though we are poor ourselves? yes. You fail to comprehend conservative values. I am just thankful that my wife and I share the same values as I said, and not concerned about you and I sharing the same values. :)

Timeline

Just because we share the same values and prefer the same person for president, etc. does not make OUR life boring, far from it. We simply have the same values. :) And it is nice in OUR relationship at least to share these same values. We differ in enough other ways than that. :)

And as far as I know, conservative values are not in o[[osition to the poor. As a matter of fact, conservative values seek to help the poor, not necessarily by free handouts around every corner enabling the poor to tay poor.

I am a conservative, and our family income is under $20,000 a year. So in the United States of America does that make me rich? No. Do we give to help the poor even though we are poor ourselves? yes. You fail to comprehend conservative values. I am just thankful that my wife and I share the same values as I said, and not concerned about you and I sharing the same values. :)

Ask most Filipinos what the solution to the problem with dire poverty in the Philippines and you might be surprised what they would say. The Catholic Church doesn't make quips about whether charity is instituted (welfare) or not. In fact, the Church sees it as a moral duty and public one. They look it as an obligation rather than the American view of it being simply voluntary. While there are wide range of political views in the Philippines, they aren't as polarized between "conservative" and "liberal" the way it is here.

Ask most Filipinos what the solution to the problem with dire poverty in the Philippines and you might be surprised what they would say. The Catholic Church doesn't make quips about whether charity is instituted (welfare) or not. In fact, the Church sees it as a moral duty and public one. They look it as an obligation rather than the American view of it being simply voluntary. While there are wide range of political views in the Philippines, they aren't as polarized between "conservative" and "liberal" the way it is here.

We're not Catholic. :)

But I agree, in part, with you.

I am just thankful for my conservative Christian wife and her values, and looking forward to 2012.

Brian in Tennessee

"she used to watch FOX news every day."

Sorry to hear that, she might want to try BBC for unbiased news

2012 will be nice, the GOP is well on their way to getting Obama re-elected ;)

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

Topic has been moved from the Philippines Regional Forum to Politics & Religion forum. It is totally inappropriate outside of the Politics & Religion forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

She actually wants to help campaign for the person her and I would like to see president, if that is possible.

Rick Perry?

Topic has been moved from the Philippines Regional Forum to Politics & Religion forum. It is totally inappropriate outside of the Politics & Religion forum.

:rofl:

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.