Matt an Bee

....Still Not Sure....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok..so afer my fiancees first interview she was given a yellow paper asking for ,new medical forms,proof of my domicile in the US,an since my income was not enough to sponser her a I864 an a I864A ,asking for a joint sponser since i live at the same address as my folks,Not sure why they say my income was not enough in the first place,I make close to 40 bucks an hour,i showed a letter from my employer,pay check stubs an bank statements.

I was living in Thailand for 2 an a half years prior to my move back to the states at the end of 2010 so maybe it was because of my W2;s not being so big for the last two years,who knows,but what i am so concerned about is how they are treating my fiancee at the embassy,she went back yesterday provided all the requested doc,s was told to have a seat an wait,she was never called back to the window,finally after everyone had left, a thai lady called her up to the window,an asked why she still here,Apparently the lady that was originally helping her had left already,they did keep her pass port , im not sure whats going on her but the thai lady told my fiancee that they needed to look at the paper work a bit more an they would call her next week....Whats up with that i had everything in order in witch they requested,nothing but more delays...i swear..has anyone ever had this happen to them...i just dont get it...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

one of the things they look at is prior income, represented by a tax return of one or more years (2010,2009,2008) .

if taxable income in 2010 was an issue (deemed so by the visa officer) then i can understand the request for a co-sponser.

new medical forms as well? what's the date difference between her medical exam and the interview date? (in terms of days)

proof of domicile makes sense, as you are a recently returned USA expat.

It's a good thing they kept her passport - now 'the next thing' should be visa issuance - but she'll get some indication, somehow (postal, email, telephone) about it.

Alternatively, in a few days, YOU can call the DoS Hotline, ask for casefile status. (# in my profile, left panel, click the girls to see it) . DoS Hotline shares data with the Embassy IV unit - so if the visa has been issued, DoS Hotline will be able to tell you (but do wait a few days)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

new medical forms as well? what's the date difference between her medical exam and the interview date? (in terms of days)

Darnell, I can explain the medical forms. The embassy had not updated the two hospitals in Bangkok with the updated medical forms or the two hospitals received the forms but gave out the old expired medical forms. Pui and Bee went to the same hospital about a week apart back in April. When Pui had her interview she met a lady who had the same problem but from the other hospital in Bangkok.

Matt, hopefully you will hear something soon. As everyone says it is a good thing they kept her passport. Keep us updated.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Darnell, I can explain the medical forms. The embassy had not updated the two hospitals in Bangkok with the updated medical forms or the two hospitals received the forms but gave out the old expired medical forms. Pui and Bee went to the same hospital about a week apart back in April. When Pui had her interview she met a lady who had the same problem but from the other hospital in Bangkok.

Matt, hopefully you will hear something soon. As everyone says it is a good thing they kept her passport. Keep us updated.

I wish you good luck. I could be wrong I was always told that if they keep her passport is a good thing. I hope so.

I forgot which hospital in bangkok Nan went to, but they didn't make us redo it. I hope that the new medical forms don't came back to bite us in the butt during our AOS. So far no RFE, but then again, we just started.

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

I wish you good luck. I could be wrong I was always told that if they keep her passport is a good thing. I hope so.

I forgot which hospital in bangkok Nan went to, but they didn't make us redo it. I hope that the new medical forms don't came back to bite us in the butt during our AOS. So far no RFE, but then again, we just started.

Juan, if you had a problem you would have had it at the embassy I think. Hopefully a veteran can comment on that. I am going to guess either in May or June they updated the medical forms since Nan had her interview back in April. The only thing that had to be done was just enter the data from the old forms to the new forms. Did Nan print the medical forms from the embassy or did she get them from the hospital she went to? Good luck Juan and Nan, I think you two should be good since you are at AOS.

Matt, good luck. Stay patient and hope you get good news soon.

I am curious if anybody else on here has gotten the same lady that interviewed Bee and Pui and if she was the same way towards them.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Dear Mr. Galas:

Thank you for your inquiry. Your fiancée was told (in English and Thai) that she would be contacted as soon as the documents were reviewed, which would be within the week. She will likely hear from us later today.

Regards,

Visa Unit

this is in reponse to my email from yesterday,hopefull will hear from them today...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.