KdRjN

Just a question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello guys,

it has been a month that i am in usa but still did not get my GC or SSN number yet.

Do i have to worry of it ? do i need to contact to USCIS ? what i have to do ?

Could you please help me ? bec i cant do a thing without these papers

thanks

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, actually you can.

The stamp you got in your passport at POE is a temporary green card, with all the rights and responsibilities of the real card.

As to SS#, go to the closest SS office tomorrow with your passport, and you will leave in a few minutes with a SS# !!

Couldn't be easier.

Timeline

Well, actually you can.

The stamp you got in your passport at POE is a temporary green card, with all the rights and responsibilities of the real card.

As to SS#, go to the closest SS office tomorrow with your passport, and you will leave in a few minutes with a SS# !!

Couldn't be easier.

Thank you,

I suppose to get these papers in the mail.Bec i already clicked the box while filling up the DS 230 form that i want to have SS#.

Ok i can do it tomorrow for SSN but then how about GC i will still get a GC in the mail right ?

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Green card will show up eventually, but it truly doesn't matter since the stamp in your passport is the SAME EXACT THING, and is good for a year.

Timeline

Green card will show up eventually, but it truly doesn't matter since the stamp in your passport is the SAME EXACT THING, and is good for a year.

All right thank you so much for quick reply

Have great night

ROC

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, actually you can.

Couldn't be easier.

I went to the closest SS office with my passport they told me that they did not issued it yet and told me that i need to contact USCIS...

I did contact them but they also gave us the number of SS

I m lost what to do ?

Anyone knows ? please help me which number i have to contact

thanks

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What reason did the representative (that you met at the SS Office) give you, when he asked to you contact USCIS! Was not the USCIS database updated with the POE information or what!

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

What reason did the representative (that you met at the SS Office) give you, when he asked to you contact USCIS! Was not the USCIS database updated with the POE information or what!

i have no idea really

USCIS officer even dont know a shiit of it i thought they gonna ask my register number on the passport or my case number so they can check why i did not received SSN or GC and welcome letter come on really whats going on hathey did not ask a thing like that all they said contact www.ssa.gov dang i alredy went to ssa office for it and they forward me to call uscis #######?

i dont know hell what to do i m so frustraeted now ? SSA officer even did not help us what the heck i will do or who gonna help us ?

ROC

Timeline

Don't count on USCIS requesting your SSN.

Just go to the local SSA Office and apply for your SSN.

thats the thing i already went to SSA office and officer told me they cant do anything bec USCIS did not issued it yet or something like that i really no have idea..So even i did not received a welcome letter or Gc can i apply for SSN ?

well finally we talked to another officer of uscis and i will have welcome to usa letter ( i did not even received it)

ROC

Filed: Country:
Timeline
thats the thing i already went to SSA office and officer told me they cant do anything bec USCIS did not issued it yet or something like that i really no have idea..So even i did not received a welcome letter or Gc can i apply for SSN ?

well finally we talked to another officer of uscis and i will have welcome to usa letter ( i did not even received it)

SSA would have to wait until you are in the SAVE database which is usually by 2 weeks after POE.

Try the SSA office again. If they can't help you then ask for a supervisor and ask them to explain exactly what the problem is and if it's related to the SAVE Database.

Timeline

SSA would have to wait until you are in the SAVE database which is usually by 2 weeks after POE.

Try the SSA office again. If they can't help you then ask for a supervisor and ask them to explain exactly what the problem is and if it's related to the SAVE Database.

it is already has been almost 1.5 months from my poe i arrived june 9

yes i think i m going to do that

thank you!!

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.