MMantovani

Approved I-130 on 5/20 now waiting for the approval of the I-129f . Has this happen to anyone :(

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We got approved on 5/20 and after 16 days I notified the NVC to see if they had recieved our file and they informed me that they would investigate the matter. Turns out that our I129f has not yet been approved so that is why the NVC had not recieved it. My understanding was once the I130 was approved they disregard the I129f and move forward with the I130.

I got a letter yesterday from Vermont center saying that they had requested my file and once they successfully adjudicate the I129f they will forward the case to the NVC...please wait a minimum of 30 days for a response. Really?1?!?! Another month! :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you certain about the I-130 approval? received approval notice via postal mail ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

are you certain about the I-130 approval? received approval notice via postal mail ?

Yes! I also have an attorney so I am postive we got approved. I got an email from him with the letter and I also recieved one in the mail. I emailed the approval letter to the NVC and that is when they began thier investigation.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes! I also have an attorney so I am postive we got approved. I got an email from him with the letter and I also recieved one in the mail. I emailed the approval letter to the NVC and that is when they began thier investigation.

If your I-130 is approved, then the I-129F cannot be approved later. Approval of an I-129F is contingent on having a pending I-130. Approved is no longer pending. Follow the IR1/CR1 guide. K3 is out of the picture for you now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yes I-129F is not useful as it has similar timelines like I-130 and also will cost more. Most of us didn't pursue the I-129F route based on the advises from previous filers experiences shared at VJ. If I am correct the I-129F gets dropped automatically once I-130 is approved. But it is strange that I-130 is being delayed for I-129F from 5/20 - strange and doesn't make sense.

Of course I don't understand why your attorney advisesd you to go for I-129F, when the times lines for both is not significant.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

If your I-130 is approved, then the I-129F cannot be approved later. Approval of an I-129F is contingent on having a pending I-130. Approved is no longer pending. Follow the IR1/CR1 guide. K3 is out of the picture for you now.

Hi! Yes, I know that the K3 is out of the picture since the I-130 was approved first. What I don't understand is why they didn't forward our file to the NVC when it was approved instead they are holding it until they adjudicate the K3. At this point the K3 doesn't even matter so I dont see why they are still holding our I-130.

Our attorney said that USCIS will approve the K3 and then they sent the I130 to the NVC.

Not sure if i made myself clear :unsure:

Timeline

Yes I-129F is not useful as it has similar timelines like I-130 and also will cost more. Most of us didn't pursue the I-129F route based on the advises from previous filers experiences shared at VJ. If I am correct the I-129F gets dropped automatically once I-130 is approved. But it is strange that I-130 is being delayed for I-129F from 5/20 - strange and doesn't make sense.

Of course I don't understand why your attorney advisesd you to go for I-129F, when the times lines for both is not significant.

Hi! I know it doesnt make sense and it is driving me crazy that they are forwarding our I-130 everywhere...it has gone from the CSC to the NBC then to the local office and then to the NBC and now it is being sent the VSC.

I had no idea about visajourney and I had seen something about filing the K3 so I asked the attorney about it and he said it was our choice if we wanted to do it. He said he has never had a case where they hold the I-130 for the K3.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It is said that an experienced patient is better than a new doctor. Let's see if someone with similar experience would respond and guide you better. We will pray for you.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

Hi! I know it doesnt make sense and it is driving me crazy that they are forwarding our I-130 everywhere...it has gone from the CSC to the NBC then to the local office and then to the NBC and now it is being sent the VSC.

I had no idea about visajourney and I had seen something about filing the K3 so I asked the attorney about it and he said it was our choice if we wanted to do it. He said he has never had a case where they hold the I-130 for the K3.

It would be a first in several years if that's actually what is happening. USCIS seems to be changing some procedures.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It would be a first in several years if that's actually what is happening. USCIS seems to be changing some procedures.

Our attorney isn't sure what is going on either and said he would send an inquiry to the AILA (liason committee)to see if this is a new policy. (policy changed periodically). he informed us this would not help our case but that hopefully this would help other filers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

wow - if the casefile went to NBC, then was possibly some question about the PETITIONER'S USCitizen status, or if it wasn't crystal clear that the Petitioner was a US Citizen. Legal Permanent Residents have their approved I-130s sent to NBC for storage, until a visa number is available, waiting 1 to 4 years. NBC? Really? wow. double wow, even.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

wow - if the casefile went to NBC, then was possibly some question about the PETITIONER'S USCitizen status, or if it wasn't crystal clear that the Petitioner was a US Citizen. Legal Permanent Residents have their approved I-130s sent to NBC for storage, until a visa number is available, waiting 1 to 4 years. NBC? Really? wow. double wow, even.

Yes, a case file being sent to the NBC after an approval notice is either a mistake or something serious is being reconsidered. Citizenship status is one possibility but there are others including potential questions about previous marriages or marriage terminations. Really it could be any of the primary eligibility issues. Hopefully, it's an error.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Yes, a case file being sent to the NBC after an approval notice is either a mistake or something serious is being reconsidered. Citizenship status is one possibility but there are others including potential questions about previous marriages or marriage terminations. Really it could be any of the primary eligibility issues. Hopefully, it's an error.

According to the USCIS 2nd tier it was an error...He said the I-130 should have sent out to the NVC but sometimes they make errors.. :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.