Mr.Shimon

F1 student want to immegrate through my mother

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I am on F 1 visa since 2007.

A little background

My mother had divorced her ex husband in 2008.

I was able to receive an EAD due unforeseen economic hardship.

Then I received an EAD using my OPT time (after obtaining my associate degree).

I am waiting for an EAD right now ( an I-765 is still being processed in Vermont right now).

My mom is a permanent resident since 2008.

I am 25.

I don't mind waiting for a CG for a while.

I am 25, living here in america (legally entered and in status)

What is my fastest way to reach an EAD?

Would an I-130 cancel my F-1 status?

I've been reading some materials and not sure if i can file i 130 and i 485 together and file an I 765 right after.

Would appreciate an answer. Thanks

F1 student want to immigrate through my mother

Is your mother a US Citizen? You posted in the "bring family of Permanent Residents to the US."

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

It currently takes about 7 years for an LPR to petition for an unmarried child over 21.

You cannot file the I-485 to adjust your status until your Priority Date (PD) becomes current (which is approximately 7 years after filing the I-130). If you file the I-485 with the I-130, your attempt to adjust will be denied because your PD will not be current.

Filing the I-130 does not cancel your F1 student visa.

You can stay in the US as long as you are legal. Once your permitted time is up, you will have to leave the US. You cannot wait in the US for your PD to become current if you do not have another way to remain legally.

Filed: Other Timeline

Google Visa Bulletin and put the current month in front of it. This way you are always informed on where you stand, time wise.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5489.html

You are a 2FB child, as long as you are not married. Right now they are working on petitions with a July 1, 2003 Priority Date. That means a waiting time of approximately 8 years, give or take up to 2 years, as these dates are fluent, based on how many visas have been "used up" (for lack of a better term).

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Sorry, I forgot LPRs can petition for children over 21. You posted in the right forum :)

Anyway, if you are able to stay in-status for 8 years until your priority date is current, then you could file the I-485 then. If not, then you will have to go home until it is current. Any overstay or out of status time will make you ineligible to become a Permanent Resident. So once the priority date is current, then you can move forward, but until then, it's a waiting game. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

OP, how are you still in status? What is the basis of your EAD application?

OP, once again, what is the basis of your EAD application? If you don't have any legitimate basis, all you are doing is letting USCIS know that you are out of status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.