3 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if I'm just worrying for no reason but I haven't heard a thing about my AOS since I received the letter telling me it was forwarded to CSC on June 13th. I sent AOS/AP/EAD on May 14th, received NOA1 May 20th, was forwarded June 13th and had biometrics on June 17th. Only my AOS receipt number shows up on the website, but it still just has the message about on the 13th it was forwarded to CSC. Nothing since then, should I be calling or doing something. I'm watching timelines and some people hear about their AP and EAD days after their biometrics appt. I'm not sure if I should just continue to wait "patiently" or not.

I'm hoping to be able to go home for a visit in July but not sure if that's going to happen and I would love to be able to start looking for a job, there's only so much cleaning a person can do. :) I'm not cut out to be a stay at home anything I've discovered. I haven't really been homesick until the last couple weeks. I feel like I just need to see my family and friends soon! No one will be coming to visit again until September long weekend and that seems so far away.

K1 Journey AOS Timeline
2010-01-05: Got engaged 2011-05-14: AOS, EAD, AP Package Sent
2010-03-09: Sent I-129F package 2011-05-16: AOS, EAD, AP Package Received
2010-03-15: NOA 1 2011-05-20: NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP
2010-06-08: RFE issued 2011-06-13: Transferred to CSC
2010-06-18: Returned info for RFE 2011-06-17: Biometrics Appointment
2010-07-25: Denied I-129F 2011-07-22: EAD/AP Approved
2010-08-13: Sent appeal 2011-07-27: AOS Approved
2010-08-24: NOA 2
2010-11-05: Packet 3 returned to Vancouver
2010-12-01: Medical
2010-12-01: Interview-APPROVED!!
2010-12-15: Visa received
2011-02-18: POE North Portal/Portal
2011-03-18: Got Married!

ROC Timeline
2013-06-20: ROC Package Sent

2013-06-24: ROC Package Received

2013-06-24: NOA 1

2013-07-25: Biometrics Appointment

2013-09-04: ROC Approved

I'm not sure if I'm just worrying for no reason but I haven't heard a thing about my AOS since I received the letter telling me it was forwarded to CSC on June 13th. I sent AOS/AP/EAD on May 14th, received NOA1 May 20th, was forwarded June 13th and had biometrics on June 17th. Only my AOS receipt number shows up on the website, but it still just has the message about on the 13th it was forwarded to CSC. Nothing since then, should I be calling or doing something. I'm watching timelines and some people hear about their AP and EAD days after their biometrics appt. I'm not sure if I should just continue to wait "patiently" or not.

I'm hoping to be able to go home for a visit in July but not sure if that's going to happen and I would love to be able to start looking for a job, there's only so much cleaning a person can do. :) I'm not cut out to be a stay at home anything I've discovered. I haven't really been homesick until the last couple weeks. I feel like I just need to see my family and friends soon! No one will be coming to visit again until September long weekend and that seems so far away.

Wait at least 60 days for EAD/AP to be approved, that's pretty soon for you. :)

And your case seems to be going smoothly so I think just wait for a while and you should be hearing something from them soon. As you can see from my timeline, it took them a month from it being transferred to even getting the RFE.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wait at least 60 days for EAD/AP to be approved, that's pretty soon for you. :)

And your case seems to be going smoothly so I think just wait for a while and you should be hearing something from them soon. As you can see from my timeline, it took them a month from it being transferred to even getting the RFE.

I agree with this. You have not been waiting all that long. My husband did not get his EAD/AP card approved until a little over a month after his biometrics appointment.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.