krista_nourdin

Morocco - K1 visa denied - Now what? Help!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

its same things happened to my visa fiance the denied me too i answer all the question the ask me about my fiance and her kid and to much things and about her job but the denied me about 2 question just about her sister husband and if she is married but that no matter i dont know exactly why the denied me that is my problem just give up and be strong and try again ?

I'm not sure whether I'm interpreting your post correctly, but are you asking whether you should give up because of the denial?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

From your timeline it looks like your interview was June 21st. Not knowing for sure what language he did his interview in seems like an issue.

You need to know exactly what was said, what was asked, what language, etc. to ensure you know what conclusion the consulate has come to. Also, you should have your fiance scan the denial letter to you, so you know exactly what it says. You won't get anywhere unless you know the exact details.

Also, any red flags in your relationship that the consulate would have wanted addressed, and how did you address them - i.e. - age difference, religious differences, small amount of visits to Morocco and/or overall time spent together.

You mention his brother - did his brother come to the US on a K1? Did the consulate ask your fiance about that?

Hi i was reading this thread and it seems that the embassy in Morocco is tough! Hope everything works out!!!!

I have a question concerning the Brothers thing.....Can they deny a brother if another brother got approved on a K1? Is this something to worry about? My fiance and I are about to go to our interview soon in turkey...and his brother is applying with his fiance for a K1 they are a few months behind us...Is this something to worry about??? will they see that as red flag? Will they see his brothers K1 if it hasnt reached the embassy in turkey?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi i was reading this thread and it seems that the embassy in Morocco is tough! Hope everything works out!!!!

I have a question concerning the Brothers thing.....Can they deny a brother if another brother got approved on a K1? Is this something to worry about? My fiance and I are about to go to our interview soon in turkey...and his brother is applying with his fiance for a K1 they are a few months behind us...Is this something to worry about??? will they see that as red flag? Will they see his brothers K1 if it hasnt reached the embassy in turkey?

At most consulates, this is not a huge deal. Even at Casablanca, it's not a dealbreaker. But Casa is a consulate that will look for any small reason to deny a K1 case- so it may or may not have been a contributing factor.

It may become an issue if you know the brother's fiancee, or if you live in the same town specifically.

Edited by squeaky580

Timeline

At most consulates, this is not a huge deal. Even at Casablanca, it's not a dealbreaker. But Casa is a consulate that will look for any small reason to deny a K1 case- so it may or may not have been a contributing factor.

It may become an issue if you know the brother's fiancee, or if you live in the same town specifically.

Yes I know her...She met him through my facebook...But how would they know? I recently moved out of the same town...currently we are in different cities....but until their visa hits the embassy in turkey the embassy cant see it can they????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'd say that might be an issue...but I'm not the CO. Thank God because everyone here would be cussing me out! To the OP, find out exactly what the letter says and then move forward. I think there might be something to the fact his brother is already here or something else in his background you might not even know about. I do want to add CO's don't just deny for the he** of it - they have their reasons. You might not like them but they do have them. I only wish they would share more details with those denied so that they understood what was going on.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Yes I know her...She met him through my facebook...But how would they know? I recently moved out of the same town...currently we are in different cities....but until their visa hits the embassy in turkey the embassy cant see it can they????

One possible way for them to know is to read it on here. There have been cases where the CO's have known information from this and other sites.

Timeline

One possible way for them to know is to read it on here. There have been cases where the CO's have known information from this and other sites.

:( that would suck for us as Bahadir and I have been together longer to have this as a issue. We are about to go to our interview....they actually just filed their K1...Hope this is not issue:(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:( that would suck for us as Bahadir and I have been together longer to have this as a issue. We are about to go to our interview....they actually just filed their K1...Hope this is not issue:(

I think you'll be fine. I haven't read horror stories about the consulate in Turkey. They seem pretty reasonable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well i got approved last 30 June, my fiancée visited me only one time and only 10 days and after that we applied our petition for K1 visa.. in my interview the CO didn't asked for our relationship evidence, and even when i want to show him something he say : No no it's ok

so after 15 min of interview .. he said : well Mr. i'll approve your visa !!

the CO was very kind.. so thank Allah

Timeline

Well i got approved last 30 June, my fiancée visited me only one time and only 10 days and after that we applied our petition for K1 visa.. in my interview the CO didn't asked for our relationship evidence, and even when i want to show him something he say : No no it's ok

so after 15 min of interview .. he said : well Mr. i'll approve your visa !!

the CO was very kind.. so thank Allah

Congrats!!! Very happy to hear a approval coming!! Looks like morocco has been tough lately on approvals! So happy for you guys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

From your timeline it looks like your interview was June 21st. Not knowing for sure what language he did his interview in seems like an issue.

You need to know exactly what was said, what was asked, what language, etc. to ensure you know what conclusion the consulate has come to. Also, you should have your fiance scan the denial letter to you, so you know exactly what it says. You won't get anywhere unless you know the exact details.

Also, any red flags in your relationship that the consulate would have wanted addressed, and how did you address them - i.e. - age difference, religious differences, small amount of visits to Morocco and/or overall time spent together.

You mention his brother - did his brother come to the US on a K1? Did the consulate ask your fiance about that?

well said, you touched alot of points and yes they can Red flag you easily if they find out that his brother got his visa through the same way .

Good luck and I have heard some Spouses actually got their Congressman or state representative involved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Looking at what people have said on here and other posts we do have things the CO could consider as red flags.

* weak proof of communication

* he is a poor farmer

* I have two kids

* I am overweight. (there is no age difference, we were born in the same year)

* his brother is here in the USA and I actually started talking to his sister-in-law before him.

* maybe number of visits and time. Two visits 14 months apart. 3 weeks and 2.5 weeks each.

Now our task is to strengthen the communication and the proof. It is in God's hands now.

Looking at what people have said on here and other posts we do have things the CO could consider as red flags.

* weak proof of communication

* he is a poor farmer

* I have two kids

* I am overweight. (there is no age difference, we were born in the same year)

* his brother is here in the USA and I actually started talking to his sister-in-law before him.

* maybe number of visits and time. Two visits 14 months apart. 3 weeks and 2.5 weeks each.

Now our task is to strengthen the communication and the proof. It is in God's hands now.

If you are unable to communicate in a common language, that's a huge problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.