vanessa.diaz

While waiting...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

Here is some info on us :luv: we got our NOA1 on June 10th,and are now just waiting for NOA2 :star: saying we got approved..our date range is September 17, 2011 and September 26, 2011*. So the question is what can we do to be ahead of the system?? Is there anything I can do to speed this up,if so what? B-) Thanks!!

Sent I-130---------6/6/11

NOA1---------------6/10/11

Touched------------6/15/11

Touched------------8/9/11

NOA2---------------10/14/11 :) yeeeaaahh no RFE´s

Interview----------02/10/12 ***** :) a piece of cake!!

Got Visa in hand---02/13/12 in Morelia,Mich.

uZFTm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all,

Here is some info on us :luv: we got our NOA1 on June 10th,and are now just waiting for NOA2 :star: saying we got approved..our date range is September 17, 2011 and September 26, 2011*. So the question is what can we do to be ahead of the system?? Is there anything I can do to speed this up,if so what? B-) Thanks!!

UH, nothing. Let time pass by. Save a lot of evidence of communication and other transactions that show you're in a bonafide relationship. Other than that, live your life to the max!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

UH, nothing. Let time pass by. Save a lot of evidence of communication and other transactions that show you're in a bonafide relationship. Other than that, live your life to the max!

:dance: oki doki...thanks!

The whole talking to a tier 2 person would be a good idea after how many months of waiting??

uZFTm5.png

Timeline

Actually, one thing. get your police reports now. They are valid for one year. And they can take a while to get back.

Thanks :star: but I dont think my husband needs them,he has never been arrested or had problems with the law and I also remember reading in a post that in Mexico its not needed due to the fact that they are so hard and nearly impossible to get.

But thanks for your reply...

Anything else comes to mind??

uZFTm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Thanks :star: but I dont think my husband needs them,he has never been arrested or had problems with the law and I also remember reading in a post that in Mexico its not needed due to the fact that they are so hard and nearly impossible to get.

But thanks for your reply...

Anything else comes to mind??

NVC requires Police Report

read this link it tells you whats needed NVC stage

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline

NVC requires Police Report

read this link it tells you whats needed NVC stage

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Thanks for the link :)

Very possible. I would just look on Visa Journey under the consulate you'll be directly reporting to. They have lists of everything you will need in next steps :)

Thanks again! ;)

uZFTm5.png

Timeline

Mexico does not issue police reports whether NVC wants them or not--don't worry about it.

:dance: yeeayy I was waiting for you to comment :) Yeap I looked it up, NO POLICE RECORDS FOR MEXICO! So what do you advise me to do in the mean while Rick?

:whistle: I don't like to wait but I guess this process will teach me to be patient!! :star:

uZFTm5.png

Timeline

Just have fun and be sure you have all the docs ready--do you let hubby practice on your teeth??

:yes: yeap!! thats why I have nice pearly whites :D:lol: In fact yesterday we went to el *Seguro* and they give out complementary tooth brushes and a little pink tablet that shows if you have brushed your teeth correctly, so once we got home he wanted me to brush my teeth and chew the tablet so he could see if I really did know how to brush my teeth!! I felt like I was at the Dentist!

Does your wife practice on you?

uZFTm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:dance: yeeayy I was waiting for you to comment :) Yeap I looked it up, NO POLICE RECORDS FOR MEXICO! So what do you advise me to do in the mean while Rick?

:whistle: I don't like to wait but I guess this process will teach me to be patient!! :star:

We are in Juarez already have visa approved just waiting for it to be delivered thru DHL we DID NOT need police certificates! All good

Timeline

We are in Juarez already have visa approved just waiting for it to be delivered thru DHL we DID NOT need police certificates! All good

How long did it take for you to get the visa??

Yeah and THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT!!

Congrats!

I cant´t wait till we´re at juarez :whistle: hope its around the corner! ;)

<<<SORRY...HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING FOR THE VISA..I THOUGHT YOU HAD IT ALREADY! AND HOW WAS THE INTERVIEW...ECT??<<<<

Edited by vanessa.diaz

uZFTm5.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Mexico has electronic processing so start reading up on that on the guides. It can be a little confusing so feel free to ask questions. You can start putting together your financials for the I-864. If you haven't been keeping copies of your paystubs, start doing so now as you will want to submit 6 months of these along with the employment letter. You can also get your tax transcripts for the past 3 years. The I-864 says one, but many consulates will require all 3. The IRS has an 800 number where you can order these over the phone and it takes about a week for them to arrive. Make sure they are tax return transcripts and not account transcripts.

Everything else I can think of off the top of my head will have to wait until you get NOA2. With electronic processing, it gets busy very quickly so knowing the process helps a lot.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.