Rushton50

Medical today (CR1)

8 posts in this topic

My appointment was at 11am at Bentinck mansions and was only able to get one train to get me there well in advance of the time allocated so I was there at 9am and was allowed to wait, but all slotted appointmenst turned up so had to wait until my time.

Got called through for my vaccine check and passed that as I had all of them up to date that were required!

Got called in for my x-ray 10 min later and was more or less in and out within 5 mins

Then the doctor called me in an hour later so by now it was 12:10 pm and was aksed about my smoking habbits which she didnt seem to be perturbed by the low amount i smoke, asked about my health in general and then proceeded to query my police report which stated "No Trace" and asked if I had ever been arrested or convicted to which I replied when i was 14 was in a fight with another boy 35 years ago and the parents decided they were going to prosecute, she said "the embassy wont want to know about that, but I replied that I had told the police when applying for the cert the circumstances and supplied all court entries to NVC and memo of conviction.....asked me to get undressed down to my socks and undies and was asked to lay on the bed for the medical.....

She took a vile of blood weighed me, checked my height and sight and blood pressre...that was it...never toched me or listen to my heart or check my abdomen....She must have been in a hurry as i went to wait in the waiting room to sit down , she was scurrying out to lunch....was out by 1230pm an hour and a half later from original time of appointment!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My appointment was at 11am at Bentinck mansions and was only able to get one train to get me there well in advance of the time allocated so I was there at 9am and was allowed to wait, but all slotted appointmenst turned up so had to wait until my time.

Got called through for my vaccine check and passed that as I had all of them up to date that were required!

Got called in for my x-ray 10 min later and was more or less in and out within 5 mins

Then the doctor called me in an hour later so by now it was 12:10 pm and was aksed about my smoking habbits which she didnt seem to be perturbed by the low amount i smoke, asked about my health in general and then proceeded to query my police report which stated "No Trace" and asked if I had ever been arrested or convicted to which I replied when i was 14 was in a fight with another boy 35 years ago and the parents decided they were going to prosecute, she said "the embassy wont want to know about that, but I replied that I had told the police when applying for the cert the circumstances and supplied all court entries to NVC and memo of conviction.....asked me to get undressed down to my socks and undies and was asked to lay on the bed for the medical.....

She took a vile of blood weighed me, checked my height and sight and blood pressre...that was it...never toched me or listen to my heart or check my abdomen....She must have been in a hurry as i went to wait in the waiting room to sit down , she was scurrying out to lunch....was out by 1230pm an hour and a half later from original time of appointment!

I'm wondering for what reason did she question you about ur police record!!? You are alot nicer than I am! Cos I would have asked how my police record concerned her? Lol

Married: 11/04/10
Sent I-130: 01/31/11
Priority Date: 02/03/11
Rec'd NOA1: 02/08/11
Rec'd NOA2: 05/31/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 06/03/11
NVC Rec'd: 06/13/11
Case # assigned: 06/15/11
DS-3032 email: 06/17/11
AOS Invoice: 06/17/11
Pay'd AOS: 06/20/11
Mailed AOS pckt: 06/23/11
IV pckt Invoice: 06/23/11
Pay'd IV fee: 06/23/11
IV Pckt Instructions: 06/28/11
Mailed IV pckt: 07/05/11
SIF: 07/18/11
Interview 09/09/11

ROC
Sent I-751: 7/22/13
NOA: 07/29/13
Biometrics: 08/27/13

Approval: 12/11/13

Card in Hand: 12/19/13

iwwyle23pmh.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

They do ask you about it I think.

When I had mine, they asked to see a copy of it at the medical. Not sure how it relates to my health but who knows lol.

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They do ask you about it I think.

When I had mine, they asked to see a copy of it at the medical. Not sure how it relates to my health but who knows lol.

Your police record at your medical interview!? Either these r some nosy doctors or there is some underlining link that I can't see! Made a record would suggest unheathly habits such as drugs! Who knows!!!? But, whatever it takes to get thru!

Married: 11/04/10
Sent I-130: 01/31/11
Priority Date: 02/03/11
Rec'd NOA1: 02/08/11
Rec'd NOA2: 05/31/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 06/03/11
NVC Rec'd: 06/13/11
Case # assigned: 06/15/11
DS-3032 email: 06/17/11
AOS Invoice: 06/17/11
Pay'd AOS: 06/20/11
Mailed AOS pckt: 06/23/11
IV pckt Invoice: 06/23/11
Pay'd IV fee: 06/23/11
IV Pckt Instructions: 06/28/11
Mailed IV pckt: 07/05/11
SIF: 07/18/11
Interview 09/09/11

ROC
Sent I-751: 7/22/13
NOA: 07/29/13
Biometrics: 08/27/13

Approval: 12/11/13

Card in Hand: 12/19/13

iwwyle23pmh.png

To be honest, it wouldnt have done me any good to have said that to her, but the paperwork you fill in at the medical does stipulate if the doctor thinks there are suspecting circumstances or conflicting staements so its best to answer any and all her questions as you would at the embassy interview.

Not only that, but she will be required to report anything to the embassy regarding your personality or demeanor

Edited by Rushton50

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Your police record at your medical interview!? Either these r some nosy doctors or there is some underlining link that I can't see! Made a record would suggest unheathly habits such as drugs! Who knows!!!? But, whatever it takes to get thru!

Yeh I thought I read somewhere it was required. In fact alot of people who have had UK medicals, have taken it as previously they asked if you had it. Perhaps also so they know you wont be a danger to their doctors? I dunno.

Actually I remmeber now, it wasnt in the pdf to bring it, but when I called up to make the appointment they told me to bring a copy

Edited by britishspouse

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Yeh I thought I read somewhere it was required. In fact alot of people who have had UK medicals, have taken it as previously they asked if you had it. Perhaps also so they know you wont be a danger to their doctors? I dunno.

Actually I remmeber now, it wasnt in the pdf to bring it, but when I called up to make the appointment they told me to bring a copy

My husband (Philippines) was asked the same question during his medical appointment. My husband admitted that he had a "case" 10 years ago and he was required to undergo PSYCHIATRIC TEST. I think that is why they require you to tell them if you had a criminal record.

Unfortunately, in the Philippines, they do not release details of the case for "minors". It is against the country's law so the Psychiatrist did not bother testing him anymore and said that he will leave that decision to the consul on the day of my husband's interview.

It is very nerve wracking right now because I am afraid it will be a deal breaker. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.