dwheels76

Bona Fide Evidence of Marriage

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Letter of intent and letter of hardship...i didn't think they are important...my case we didn't submit any lease or whatever, or anything that have to do with account mingling...since you are not leaving together though married...USCIS understand those areas...but try to get to letters notarized...what helped my case was that my wife mom....sworn an affidavit that mentioned that our relationship was unconditional and she had watched the relationship grew for 2 years...such letters are moving...i may send a copy of that letter because it is touching and if you can get both parents to sworn an affidavit about your relationship...you have a great bonafide relationship...wish ya the best

Cool would love to read it. A friend who is in the same boat suggested a letter from mum in law that she approves the age difference and swears this is real and how she came around from disapproval to accepting and loving our union.

Now you are the only one who has said get affidavits notarized. I have 4 ready to sign. You really think that's necessary?

And really the letters are just our letters of telling how we meet, how we evolved in the relationship and what we mean to each other. Pretty moving stuff. :innocent:

thank you, any samples would be great.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Hello and Greetings Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone with the help and kind words. So glad to get good sound advice from people who know and living this journey.

I have my list complied and whittled it down to what I will present that I have. I guess my noodle head was thinking that I had to have everything on the list in the I-130 packet. I actually have 38 items to present, 8 of which I will send with application. Figure for now the wedding pics, emails, IM's phone records will be fine (wish I could have a log of text messages. Those were massive) and affidavits should keep them mighty busy.

When that interview comes around me and my husband will be a mighty fortress and knock them out with evidence. One thing at least is a plus about the long process is time to build a bigger stronger case. Even have a kickass letter from mum-in-law talking of how she came around to accept and love me and the age difference is an non-issue to her now. That was big.

Anyway wanted to just say its very appreciated and you calm me down and now it's print print print. :o

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

1)CC issue . IM a USC and Got a CC for my Wife in Colombia W.out her having a SS# the CC has her name on it However is the same account # as My . THE SS# should not and is not and ISSUE to get a CC for our Spouses IM the One responsible for the account.Her name is in it as more proof and to ensure the CO that our relationship is real.

2)A letter of hardship?In the US that is done if a USC has Financial Problems . Im Not Expert however as you work on this process and go to the NVC Step wend the AOS is needed to be fill out and you must meet P Guidelines if that Letter shows up it may be alot of trouble .

Because the pettitioner is already notifying the USG that the financial situation is bad .

Good Luck

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

That's what I'm asking. I ave been to many credit card websites and have not found one that you can apply without a ss#. so if you know of a card where one isn't needed please let e know.

You can set up an invesment checking account at Charles Schwab and then send him the Bank Card. He can use this to withdraw money from just about any ATM and there are no transaction fees. Easier and safer than a CC and less expensive than Western Union. We did this for my wife and it worked great. You just need to let the bank know that the card will be used in your spouse's country

For evidence, you also want to include an Evolution of Relationship letter and be ready to provide an updated letter for the interview. If either of you have been divorced then you need to include your divorce papers and I would also include a letter explaining the divorce. These and constant ongoing communications are the key. They want to see that you share a common language and communicate regularly.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey dont really think u need to stress yourself, the documents i submitted when i filed for my hubby are Form 1-130 with my biography form and that of my hubby,my proof of citizenship,our marriage certificate,our son birth certificate,transfer from my hubby account to my account showing transfer and western union transfer showing co-mingling of finance.we got approved in 4months. save your breath for the notorious u.s consulate in naija.Also,check www.uscis.gov and click on FAMILY OF U.S.CITIZENS read and follow d instructions which are very simple.

Application Process: Green Card (Permanent Residence)

To petition for a family member to receive a green card (permanent residence), you must submit the following:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Proof of your U.S. citizenship

Evidence of the qualifying relationship (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)

Proof of any legal name change for you or the beneficiary

ALSO,PM ME SO I CAN GIVE U SOME CLUES TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE FOR INTERVIEW.

GOOD LUCK

Timeline

1)CC issue . IM a USC and Got a CC for my Wife in Colombia W.out her having a SS# the CC has her name on it However is the same account # as My . THE SS# should not and is not and ISSUE to get a CC for our Spouses IM the One responsible for the account.Her name is in it as more proof and to ensure the CO that our relationship is real.

2)A letter of hardship?In the US that is done if a USC has Financial Problems . Im Not Expert however as you work on this process and go to the NVC Step wend the AOS is needed to be fill out and you must meet P Guidelines if that Letter shows up it may be alot of trouble .

Because the pettitioner is already notifying the USG that the financial situation is bad .

Good Luck

Im Not Expert however as you work on this process and go to the NVC Step wend the AOS is needed to be fill out and you must meet P Guidelines if that Letter shows up it may be alot of trouble .

Good point. I wasn't thinking hardship financial. More a I'm on bended knee and you guys not allowing my husband to come over would be a hardship. More a love hardship. And a what he means to me love letter that's all. It's in the how we meet and what we mean to each other.

But thanks for the input. I did have financial things listed as a this is what would happen to my 401k, social security if I had to leave and live in Nigeria. Better take out any inkling of financial distress would be eminent. :bonk:

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

You can set up an invesment checking account at Charles Schwab and then send him the Bank Card. He can use this to withdraw money from just about any ATM and there are no transaction fees. Easier and safer than a CC and less expensive than Western Union. We did this for my wife and it worked great. You just need to let the bank know that the card will be used in your spouse's country

For evidence, you also want to include an Evolution of Relationship letter and be ready to provide an updated letter for the interview. If either of you have been divorced then you need to include your divorce papers and I would also include a letter explaining the divorce. These and constant ongoing communications are the key. They want to see that you share a common language and communicate regularly.

Well I have my ETRADE so thats cool. But thanks ya'll for the guidance. Think I will look into Charles Schwab also. No divorce.

It's funny we taled mostly on Facebook and IN on yahoo. I copied and pasted the emails and got 704 pages. 2799 emails between us. of course I will just bring out the best. and just submit a log of dates. But its like what do they want to really read. The I miss you, i love you. Regular conversation, disagreements (now that rally shows a real relationship. lol:whistle: . The IM's will just show a screen pic of the log of when we chatted. It's still alot of info. It's like how much to submit and how much to hold back and wait for interview. wOW thanks

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Hey dont really think u need to stress yourself, the documents i submitted when i filed for my hubby are Form 1-130 with my biography form and that of my hubby,my proof of citizenship,our marriage certificate,our son birth certificate,transfer from my hubby account to my account showing transfer and western union transfer showing co-mingling of finance.we got approved in 4months. save your breath for the notorious u.s consulate in naija.Also,check www.uscis.gov and click on FAMILY OF U.S.CITIZENS read and follow d instructions which are very simple.

Application Process: Green Card (Permanent Residence)

To petition for a family member to receive a green card (permanent residence), you must submit the following:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Proof of your U.S. citizenship

Evidence of the qualifying relationship (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)

Proof of any legal name change for you or the beneficiary

ALSO,PM ME SO I CAN GIVE U SOME CLUES TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE FOR INTERVIEW.

GOOD LUCK

t\hank you FunkyBabe I certainly will PM you. And thak you. I think like the more I hear from people its either I have too much or not enough and have to realize people have different levels of proof they need. I have an advantage I have been residing here in Nigeria since March 18th in his moms house so alot of proof. just need to now finish the paperwork for the bank accounts. unfortunately here I have to be a permanent resident to be able to be even added to his accounts. Thanks

ROC I-751

N-400

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

t\hank you FunkyBabe I certainly will PM you. And thak you. I think like the more I hear from people its either I have too much or not enough and have to realize people have different levels of proof they need. I have an advantage I have been residing here in Nigeria since March 18th in his moms house so alot of proof. just need to now finish the paperwork for the bank accounts. unfortunately here I have to be a permanent resident to be able to be even added to his accounts. Thanks

Okay I know this is stressing too much but I need to ask ya'll about IM logs and phone text records. Did anyone actually request and get their texting log from their cell company? and also the IM's you know your log is only from the PC you used so I have this laptop and my desktop at home. Between july 7th, 2009 and June 2010 I was on various library computers and friends computers so no way I can get those IM's. does it matter. I mean I have over 3500 emails between us in the last two years. guess just wanted to show that 24 hours didn't pass without either a call, text, im or email. So i guess my question is does it matter should I diligently try and seek these missing items or is the emails log good enough with certain emails for them to read and enjoy?

I am just 1 week away from filing, well if I can ever get back to the states. :wow:

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.