Doanh M.

called Department of State, Embassy already set up interview, have not received interview letter

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

I am a newbie here in Visa Journey as far as posting, but I have been reading this forum for a while now and certainly you guys have been REALLY helpful. Because I have been following this forum I learned that you can call the Department of State and check on your case status and I have been calling the DOS pretty much 3 times a week. To my surprise this morning, the lady on the phone, Lisa told me that the US Embassy in Vietnam has scheduled an interview for my fiance on July 13th, 2011 at 9:30 am. Today is the 27th of June. This only give my fiance, Hue, 2 weeks to get her Medical Exam done. However, she has not received the Appointment Letter in the mail yet. I am very nervous as she is? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks you in advance,

Doanh

Hi all,

I am a newbie here in Visa Journey as far as posting, but I have been reading this forum for a while now and certainly you guys have been REALLY helpful. Because I have been following this forum I learned that you can call the Department of State and check on your case status and I have been calling the DOS pretty much 3 times a week. To my surprise this morning, the lady on the phone, Lisa told me that the US Embassy in Vietnam has scheduled an interview for my fiance on July 13th, 2011 at 9:30 am. Today is the 27th of June. This only give my fiance, Hue, 2 weeks to get her Medical Exam done. However, she has not received the Appointment Letter in the mail yet. I am very nervous as she is? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks you in advance,

Doanh

I would suggest that the medical is undertaken now get your immunisations up to date to take to the embassy. At least once you have the letter all will be done.. Congratulations wishing you all the best. :thumbs:

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

Well one thing you can do is email the Consulate General at HCMC and they will email you the appointment letter. I did that and it took about a week to get a response in which the letter was attached. Your SO can then just print it out like mine did. You might want to title your email as urgent. They were helpful for me. Also see numbers below.

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4200

Fax: (84-8) 3520 4235

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Timeline

OP -

When did you submit packet 3?

My fiancee submitted packet 3 on May 25 and no appointment yet and I've been calling a few times a week.

Your fiancee can also pick up letter at consulate if she lives close by. I would suggest this rather than waiting for e-mail.

Thanks!

Timeline

hey jac_chappin,

We received the packet 3 on May 23rd and my fiance submitted the packet 3 on May 24th. So one day earlier than yours.

I am guessing that within a few days you guys will soon have an interview date.

My fiance is going to the Embassy tomorrow to ask for the Appointment letter. My question is, is it the same Appointment letter that you can download online or is it one addressed to the Beneficiary. I just don't know how obtainable or how helpful folks at the Embassy will be when my fiancee actually goes there.

Best of luck to you!

Doanh

OP -

When did you submit packet 3?

My fiancee submitted packet 3 on May 25 and no appointment yet and I've been calling a few times a week.

Your fiancee can also pick up letter at consulate if she lives close by. I would suggest this rather than waiting for e-mail.

Thanks!

Timeline

hey Patrick!

Thanks for your advice. Do you know whether one can just go to 40 Nguyen Van Troi Street, Phu Nhuan District and ask to get all the Immunization done without presenting to them the Appoitnment letter?

Thanks your help!

Doanh

I would suggest that the medical is undertaken now get your immunisations up to date to take to the embassy. At least once you have the letter all will be done.. Congratulations wishing you all the best. :thumbs:

Timeline

Hey TuanDanh,

Thanks for your advice. My fiance will be going over to the embassy tomorrow to maybe if lucky get the Appointment letter, if not then I will email the embassy for the Appointment Letter. It is kinda stressful when the interview is only 2 weeks away and so many things that are so unclear that has to be done.

Best wishes

Doanh

Well one thing you can do is email the Consulate General at HCMC and they will email you the appointment letter. I did that and it took about a week to get a response in which the letter was attached. Your SO can then just print it out like mine did. You might want to title your email as urgent. They were helpful for me. Also see numbers below.

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4200

Fax: (84-8) 3520 4235

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Friends:

You can actually call the U.S. State Department for an update on your case?? How does one go about doing that? Is there a particular country desk or section you can call?

I received the I-797C NOA dated April 19 so I've just been waiting as patiently as possible for just over 9 weeks now. I am hoping for a miracle processing time obviously but at this point I would just settle with any news, like "hey we're working on it."

If this assists with any responses you may have, my fiancee is a Peruvian national and I think the minimum time from NOA1 to NOA2 is 92 days.

Cheers!

Timeline

Hey Lamancha,

Yes you can call the US DOS to get an update on your status.

The numer is (202) 663-1225. Press 1 at the prompt and then press 0 at the second promt.

I was actually surprised at how great the customer service is at the DOS.

Have you received a notice from the NVC saying that they will be sending the petition over to Peru?

It will be best to just call them and ask.

Best of luck!

Doanh

Friends:

You can actually call the U.S. State Department for an update on your case?? How does one go about doing that? Is there a particular country desk or section you can call?

I received the I-797C NOA dated April 19 so I've just been waiting as patiently as possible for just over 9 weeks now. I am hoping for a miracle processing time obviously but at this point I would just settle with any news, like "hey we're working on it."

If this assists with any responses you may have, my fiancee is a Peruvian national and I think the minimum time from NOA1 to NOA2 is 92 days.

Cheers!

Timeline

OP -

I called DOS today after reading your post and and my fiancee's appointment is scheduled for July 14th @ 9:30 AM. In the same boat as you. So much to do and not enough time.

Definitely short notice. I'm planning to go so I can be with my fiancee.

Timeline

Wow! Congratulations to you and your fiancee. I don't know why the short notice. I really hope they are sending the Appointment Letters to your fiancee and mine soon. About going to Vietnam to be with your fiancee for the interview, does it improve the chance of passing the interview? Can you attend the interview with her or are you going to be there just for moral support? I've heard mixed stories about whether or not you can accompany her during the interview.

I have already purchased my ticket to be back there in October but wondering if I should be going back there too for the interview if it does improve our chance of getting the magical pink ticket.

best,

Doanh

OP -

I called DOS today after reading your post and and my fiancee's appointment is scheduled for July 14th @ 9:30 AM. In the same boat as you. So much to do and not enough time.

Definitely short notice. I'm planning to go so I can be with my fiancee.

Timeline

Thanks Doanh!

I can't take the interview with her but can be at the consulate. Based on what I read, the USC can go in but can't be a window with her.

Lots of VJ members that have had interviews in HCMC have done the same and got Pink. It couldn't hurt but more importantly it would help my

Fiancee's confidence. Also, I believe that by the USC being there, it helps prove the bona fide relationship.

The way I see it, I don't want to be in a situation where I regret not being there for my fiancee.

Just my thought!

Hi Doanh, tell her to go to the Window at the Consulate to get the Appointment Letter, they should be able to issue it to her. She will need the Letter for her immunization shots and Medical.

If you can, fly back to be at her interview. You will be able to be very close by when she's being interviewed, the CO would definitely know you are there, and it's a big plus.

Good lucks with everything...

Timeline

yea go get the appointment letter, it's not the same as the website printout. you'll need it for your immune shots and medical exam (make copies).

call and schedule medical exam, i suggest iom. then go to immune place and have your shots, you'll need to bring them to your medical.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

Jac_chapin, Ronnie, Quann

Hue is going to the Consulate now to see if she can get the appointment letter. I still wonder if it's possible because there seems to be a limit on customer service in that little window where you can turn in your package 3. Well, we'll see.

I am really thinking about going back now for the Hue's interview. I've been working really hard on this K1 visa petition. I've "front-loaded" the petition and it took a lot of work. I am sure you guys can relate too. I also really want to be there for Hue at the interview for moral support. Seems to me she would walk inside that US consulate with so much fear, hope and nervousness that being there is crucial especially if she doesn't pass the interview.

Thanks again for your advices and comments!

Doanh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.