Doanh M.

called Department of State, Embassy already set up interview, have not received interview letter

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Doanh -

My fiancee just picked up appointment letter. She got up early and was there at 8:30 but computers were down. I think this is BS but fiancee waited and got letter and doing vaccination and medical this afternoon. She called and it takes 4 days for results.

I just got my flight and it was $1500! Ouch but I think it's worth it. If you can go, it will help. I have no doubt. And yes, lots of work went into the k-1 evidence. Must of spent at least 50 hours on it.

I hope your fiancee picks up letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Friends:

You can actually call the U.S. State Department for an update on your case?? How does one go about doing that? Is there a particular country desk or section you can call?

I received the I-797C NOA dated April 19 so I've just been waiting as patiently as possible for just over 9 weeks now. I am hoping for a miracle processing time obviously but at this point I would just settle with any news, like "hey we're working on it."

If this assists with any responses you may have, my fiancee is a Peruvian national and I think the minimum time from NOA1 to NOA2 is 92 days.

Cheers!

Just an FYI: you can't call the DOS number until you have your NOA2 and your petition has a new case number that has been assigned by the NVC. Once you get that number, DOS can update you as to what's going on with your case. Good luck!

Timeline

Hey guys,

My fiancee was able to grab the appointment letter from the Consulate. She went there at 10 ish and there were some protest against China in front of the US Consulate. There were about a hundred "cong an" police officers there. She was told to come back later at 1:00 to get the appointment letter. Folks at the window and the guards were a little bit rude but that seems to be the trend when one holds power or think they hold power. Was told that the appointment letter was already mailed out on March 23rd.

I probably wont be able to make it to VN on the interview though. I went back for 2 weeks for this past Tet and is going to have to borrow some vacation days for this coming October trip. I probably can ask to borrow another 5 days but don't want to push the envelope.

I think we have a pretty good case with solid evidences and hopefully the truth will prevail.

Timeline

Hey guys,

My fiancee was able to grab the appointment letter from the Consulate. She went there at 10 ish and there were some protest against China in front of the US Consulate. There were about a hundred "cong an" police officers there. She was told to come back later at 1:00 to get the appointment letter. Folks at the window and the guards were a little bit rude but that seems to be the trend when one holds power or think they hold power. Was told that the appointment letter was already mailed out on March 23rd.

I probably wont be able to make it to VN on the interview though. I went back for 2 weeks for this past Tet and is going to have to borrow some vacation days for this coming October trip. I probably can ask to borrow another 5 days but don't want to push the envelope.

I think we have a pretty good case with solid evidences and hopefully the truth will prevail.

They said they mailed it out but what ultimately happens? Of course it is lost in the mail. We too did not receive the appointment letter until requested a copy from the consulate. I suggest you make an appointment with either Cho Ray or IOM as soon as possible. Waiting for result could take long time so is scheduling the appointment. We too had only about 2 weeks from appointment letter till interview date. Thanks to the worst mail system in VN.

Timeline

They said they mailed it out but what ultimately happens? Of course it is lost in the mail. We too did not receive the appointment letter until requested a copy from the consulate. I suggest you make an appointment with either Cho Ray or IOM as soon as possible. Waiting for result could take long time so is scheduling the appointment. We too had only about 2 weeks from appointment letter till interview date. Thanks to the worst mail system in VN.

Hey Khoa,

We have already scheduled for the Medical Exam on this Wednesday (couple of hours from now) at Cho Ray, near where my fiancee lives so it's convienience.

Best wishes

Doanh

Timeline

Hi all,

I am a newbie here in Visa Journey as far as posting, but I have been reading this forum for a while now and certainly you guys have been REALLY helpful. Because I have been following this forum I learned that you can call the Department of State and check on your case status and I have been calling the DOS pretty much 3 times a week. To my surprise this morning, the lady on the phone, Lisa told me that the US Embassy in Vietnam has scheduled an interview for my fiance on July 13th, 2011 at 9:30 am. Today is the 27th of June. This only give my fiance, Hue, 2 weeks to get her Medical Exam done. However, she has not received the Appointment Letter in the mail yet. I am very nervous as she is? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks you in advance,

Doanh

I find VN mail is a double-edged sword. It is horrifically slow & unreliable.. BUT there is NO junk mail. :thumbs: The lack of an actual mailbox for most homes belies the relative importance they place on mail. While the Viets are masters of efficiency & can get just about anything done in a fraction of the amount of time it would take in the USA, somehow the mail system does not get the same treatment. Go figure.

My honey had to go to the Consulate "info window" to get packets 3 & 4, after I did a similar DoS hustle. Packet 3 did eventually arrive at her old address... she used her conenctions with her old neighbors to ferret that nugget of information out & had the old neighbors intercept the mail & then she manually retrieved the actual piece of mail from them. Packet 4 has still yet to arrive & she has already passed her interview! :rofl: We go today to pick up her visa.

Timeline

I find VN mail is a double-edged sword. It is horrifically slow & unreliable.. BUT there is NO junk mail. :thumbs: The lack of an actual mailbox for most homes belies the relative importance they place on mail. While the Viets are masters of efficiency & can get just about anything done in a fraction of the amount of time it would take in the USA, somehow the mail system does not get the same treatment. Go figure.

My honey had to go to the Consulate "info window" to get packets 3 & 4, after I did a similar DoS hustle. Packet 3 did eventually arrive at her old address... she used her conenctions with her old neighbors to ferret that nugget of information out & had the old neighbors intercept the mail & then she manually retrieved the actual piece of mail from them. Packet 4 has still yet to arrive & she has already passed her interview! :rofl: We go today to pick up her visa.

That's hilarious! I wonder when our packet 4 will arrive at my fiancee's house. I also wonder that would have happened had I not call DOS. Again thumbs up to Visa Jourey and our fellow members.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.