abdelnish83

I-134 or I-864???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

which is the right one needed for Moroccan embassy and what if the petition hasn't filed for taxes in the US only and has only worked outside the US but still has a sponsor to sign the affidavit of support?

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

do both.

its safer to just do both.

im not sure about what to do with a sponsor helping out but gather everything to support the sponsors evidence of support that you can get and take as much information that you can prove that you can support your fiance in US.with this sponsors help.

and i would take all information of your employment even if you worked outside of US.

take everything!!! :D

which is the right one needed for Moroccan embassy and what if the petition hasn't filed for taxes in the US only and has only worked outside the US but still has a sponsor to sign the affidavit of support?

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh ok . thanks were u able to contact the embassy after NOA2? cuz i cant seem to contact them and Im not sure what next to do. Should i just be waiting for them to send something?

do both.

its safer to just do both.

im not sure about what to do with a sponsor helping out but gather everything to support the sponsors evidence of support that you can get and take as much information that you can prove that you can support your fiance in US.with this sponsors help.

and i would take all information of your employment even if you worked outside of US.

take everything!!! :D

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

we never tried to contact the embassy. we just waited for them to send the letter saying when his interview was. we never got anything saying to contact the embassy at all. we just got the NOA2 from NVC that said they will be sending the 1-129F petition to casablanca. and thats all. but follow whatever the paper they sent to you if it says if its something more specific.

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Timeline

ok my fiance just told me to make sure you are trying to call the US CONSULATE in CASABLANCA and not the US embassy in RABAT.

i think i have seen people saying its easier to email them.

here is the consulate information,...

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Morocco&cty=Casablanca

we never tried to contact the embassy. we just waited for them to send the letter saying when his interview was. we never got anything saying to contact the embassy at all. we just got the NOA2 from NVC that said they will be sending the 1-129F petition to casablanca. and thats all. but follow whatever the paper they sent to you if it says if its something more specific.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't know which affidavit of support is required at the consulate in Casa. I've heard they sometimes specifically ask for an I-864, especially from a joint sponsor. Others with specific experience with the Casa consulate should be able to better answer this question.

The petitioner is the primary sponsor, whether or not you use a joint sponsor. US citizens working abroad are usually still required to file a tax return in the US. They can usually get either a tax credit or deduction for the taxes they paid on their income to the foreign government, but they're still required to file a US tax return. The consulate has discretion whether or not to accept an affidavit from them if they didn't file a return, but USCIS will be strict about this when it comes time to apply for a green card. If they were required to file returns in the US then they should do so right away.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.