^_^

NAACP vs Black Parents

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Teachers can't hold a gun to a student's head and force them to study at home or do their homework. What students do outside of the classroom is beyond the responsibility of teachers. It's funny how some complained when teachers seemed to be passing students through instead of failing them, and now the very same ones are complaining that the teachers are failing too many students. Teachers are paid to lecture and give the students a basic understanding of the subjects, but it's up to students and really their parents, to apply what they learn. The criteria for measuring a teacher's performance should not hinge on student's test scores and grades. Low test scores and grades can be indication that the teacher isn't doing their job adequately, but when low test scores show up across an entire school or district, that is more of an indication of a larger social problem.

they just need to raise taxes more and throw more money at those schools.

:thumbs:

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

An easy way to eliminate all of this is to simply allow the local schools to take care of themselves again.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

An easy way to eliminate all of this is to simply allow the local schools to take care of themselves again.

...as in a locally-elected School Board?

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

High school should be shortened to 2 years

for most not going to college - i say -

2 years of the basics then

3rd year is half school, half ojt then

4th year is national service.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

...as in a locally-elected School Board?

Yep. Parents don't like curriculum they're free to put their kids in school at home or elsewhere.

Of course. How else can they ever get to teach things like Intelligent Design and pretend it is science?

If the local people believe a certain way, why shouldn't it be taught in school? If they don't like it or don't agree with it, they have the liberty to change it.

I'm not sure why there's this need to make sure everyone is taught exactly the same thing everywhere as determined by the federal government. Do we really need to make sure everything is exactly the same everywhere? Are we that insecure about differing viewpoints that we must madate and regulate even what's taught to kids in public school?

for most not going to college - i say -

2 years of the basics then

3rd year is half school, half ojt then

4th year is national service.

Not a bad idea. But, if schools were run locally they'd be able to determine how much time was needed to teach everyone to their standards. You could see it only a year or two in length and, I'm willing to bet, much cheaper.

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

And K-8 education should be administered using the latest in hypnotic technology. The way they 'taught' Undercover Brother everything he needed to know about White America in a few minutes.

How about school year round but instead of K-12 you only have K-6.

You are a senior in high school in 6th grade!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Pay taxes at 12!

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If the lawsuit succeeds, the awful schools will remain open to damage another generation of children.

Good Lord...

And if the lawsuit fails and the schools are closed, another generation of children will not go to school?

And K-8 education should be administered using the latest in hypnotic technology. The way they 'taught' Undercover Brother everything he needed to know about White America in a few minutes.

:lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Not that it's entirely pertinent to this conversation, but I always thought modern day common sense should be taught in school. Like how to balance a checkbook. How to read about a credit card interest rate and how it's computed. Etc. Forego one art class to teach that, or make it part of Home Ec...instead of having to sew pillows and stupid nonsense like that.

I agree though, that it's up to the parents first. But what is the answer if they are not doing their job?