Hoang_Phuong

Few Questions....

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First off, the story...

I got divorced back in 2009. I moved home with my parents since I'm the youngest. Early last year, my cousin introduced me to his friend which is now my girlfriend since January this year. I just came back from VN on the 14th of this month with tons of pictures and video. I did propose to her so everything is true...

So it looks like I'm good on evidence. I'm planning on going back again the same time next year in May for my Grandma's 1 year anniversary of her death. Ever since I left VN, I, my mom, my girl's mom, and my girl, have been talking about marriage. So the next time I go back, I'm definetly getting married.

The only thing I'm concerned about is my employment. I'm working under a temp agency. Have been there since January of last year. Making a little over $18,000 annually. I make enough to pay off all my debt with extra month for savings. But recently I have not been putting anything into my savings account because I'm trying to get everything paid off quickly. So yeah my bank account only has enough for all my debt, and exepenses. I noticed on the I-134 form, it says I have to include bank statements. Are all these neccessary or do we only need to submit our W-2 forms? Do they look at how much money you have in your bank account? or do they just go by income? Next month I will find out of I get the permanent position and a raise. If that works out, I know it will help me bunches but for now, I'm going with what I have. Should I, or should I not get a co-signer? I couldn't find any info on co-signers. I talked to my brother before and he said he is willing to help me. Also on there it says you can use other

As for the G-325 form. Is this form only for my girl? or do I have to submit it too? I read the instructions and it said in there both of us have to have it. But I want to be clear. I'm not sure if I have any of my medical records, and I'm not sure how to obtain it.

One more thing, I don't have a birth certificate. My dad left VN on a boat to Indonesia and I was born on the camp. 2 Months afterwards we were in the US. But I do have my U.S. Citizenship.... So I'm wondering if it's possible to submit the I-130 form without my Birth Certificate...

Thanks guys!

-Hoang...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats!!

First start by reading thE CR1 Visa...if you're getting married overseas that will be what you file for....the k3 is still filed but its beginning to be turned into cr1 Visa by the time it hits the consulates/embassies. The affadavit of support would then be i 864 not i 134. Besides it's cheaper in the long run and when she gets here she will be a conditional resident getting her green card and ssn within a few weeks. Otherwise, if you get a k3 approved you still have to remove conditions...another hefty payment

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

This is in regards to your unobtainable birth certificate...Not sure if this is what you need or if the US does something different with your circumstances but you can read this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183395-unobtainable-birth-certificates/

As for the debt, they dont go by your credit score or anything like that. They want to see consistent paychecks being deposited and they take what you give them on the employment portion and cross reference this as well.

Both of you will fill out a biographical page for the i 130.

Im sure ive missed something and im sure someone else will come along and give you more info...

good luCK!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

so you are planning a spouse cr-1 visa instead of the k-1 fiance visa correct? with cr-1 you can have a joint sponsor (your parent) financially for your wife. since you're still very early i'd suggest start saving up all the evidence and receipts now. i'd worry about g325s and i134s later as your situation could change next year.

cool that you were born on a camp in indonesia. they didn't process a birth cert for you?

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I been reading around and saw lots of I-130 forms done. Even on the time lines. So it looks like the best bet for me is to file the CR-1 forms?

I have to marry her in VN because she has no family here and it would be better to have the wedding in VN where her whole family lives. So k-1 is out of the question. She is also still finishing up her language schooling so I want her to stay there and finish what she started before she met me. It's better for her to accomplish what her parents paid for instead of just dropping it. I guess it's a Vietnamese idea of mine. Hehe..

So yes I was born in a Indonesian camp... Its the little island above Indonesia. Back in 1992 our house was broken into and most of our important paper work was stolen. I can't remember if I had a birth certificate from Indonesia or not. I'll ask the parents for sure. But I would guess no, since it was on a camp.

I know you said not to worry about the other two forms right now but Im the type of person who wants to have everything 100% until I submit anything.. But it's cool, I still have 11 months to gather as much info and paper work as I can. I have been considering hiring a person who has dealt with this before and I have been told by all of my Vietnamese friends that I should get someone to do my paper work since they know every detail on how the system works. I do not mind spending the money for it. And I also have family support.

I'll rest my brain for a bit and then get back into reading up on the CR-1 forms...

Thanks guys!!

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I been reading around and saw lots of I-130 forms done. Even on the time lines. So it looks like the best bet for me is to file the CR-1 forms?

I have to marry her in VN because she has no family here and it would be better to have the wedding in VN where her whole family lives. So k-1 is out of the question. She is also still finishing up her language schooling so I want her to stay there and finish what she started before she met me. It's better for her to accomplish what her parents paid for instead of just dropping it. I guess it's a Vietnamese idea of mine. Hehe..

So yes I was born in a Indonesian camp... Its the little island above Indonesia. Back in 1992 our house was broken into and most of our important paper work was stolen. I can't remember if I had a birth certificate from Indonesia or not. I'll ask the parents for sure. But I would guess no, since it was on a camp.

I know you said not to worry about the other two forms right now but Im the type of person who wants to have everything 100% until I submit anything.. But it's cool, I still have 11 months to gather as much info and paper work as I can. I have been considering hiring a person who has dealt with this before and I have been told by all of my Vietnamese friends that I should get someone to do my paper work since they know every detail on how the system works. I do not mind spending the money for it. And I also have family support.

I'll rest my brain for a bit and then get back into reading up on the CR-1 forms...

Thanks guys!!

My advice read up on the forums for the next 8 months or so and by then you wont have to pay anybody to do anythng for you...you will find that most of the ppl here know so much and while each case is unique in it's own way they share a wealth of knowledge...so hold onto your purse strings and see how you feel later when its time to file...you may not need anybody to help you... ;)

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can have a wedding in VN but not get married. Then marry once she gets to america. A K1 would still be doable. I had 2 weddings one in VN and one in US. We already had one honeymoon in Nha Trang. Now in the US our 2nd honeymoon is delayed until I acquire some more vacation days. A few other VJ members definitely had wedding using the K1 visa.

Timeline

Most of us here filed all our paperwork without the help of an attorney/preparer. You really don't need someone to prepare your paperwork for you, that's what VJ is for. It may seem overwhelming at first glance, but it really isn't that bad (the paperwork). The hardest part is waiting and worrying if you forgot something. Triple and quadruple check everything before sending in.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

I'll keep reading!

She is, and her family is traditional Catholic.. Having a wedding without having it down on paper work? No gonna happen. I want to be 100% married to her. We have already talked about it. It's now just getting to the paperwork part.

Timeline

I'll keep reading!

She is, and her family is traditional Catholic.. Having a wedding without having it down on paper work? No gonna happen. I want to be 100% married to her. We have already talked about it. It's now just getting to the paperwork part.

Then definitely look at the cr1 visa she arrives as a conditional resident and in a few weeks receives green card and SSN so able to work within a month or so... less money and about the same amount of time as the other petitions... :) good luck!!!!!!!

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Thanks! I'm definitely filing for CR-1.

I'm reading up on it a little by little and it seems like they all go to the I-130 form. But once it goes to NVS, it's considered as a CR-1 right? So confusing because K-3 and I-130 itself, as what I have read already, are two different types of paperwork but they are generally the same. Then came the CR-1 which is also almost the same.. Just a small questions that's all..

I know I asked but I want to be clear on these two..

1. The only thing I'm worried about right now is my income. Not sure how that works. Do they want to know how much you have in your savings/checking account? or do they just go by deposits and annual income?

2. The G-325 forms. I understand they will need my wife's medical report since she's is coming to the US. But why would I need to submit mine also? and if I do, I have no records of mine. I guess I should go to the clinic I used to go to when I was little and see if they still have my records available? Let's say, there is no records at all.. I would have to go and get tested for a new record?

One last thing, my wife has been talking to a agent in Vietnam. He's pretty popular in the area for helping with paperwork over in Vietnam. Which she wants him to help her do her paperwork for a small fee. I don't mind paying for it since it's not much at all. She says he helps out from the day they file the paperwork, till the day she goes to the Interview.. Speaking of interview, I plan to be in Vietnam during the interview.. That should be a plus right??

Thanks for everyone's help! Things are beginning to be more clear. And now I know part of what I need to do in the future....

-Hoang

Timeline

Thanks! I'm definitely filing for CR-1.

I'm reading up on it a little by little and it seems like they all go to the I-130 form. But once it goes to NVS, it's considered as a CR-1 right? So confusing because K-3 and I-130 itself, as what I have read already, are two different types of paperwork but they are generally the same. Then came the CR-1 which is also almost the same.. Just a small questions that's all..

I know I asked but I want to be clear on these two..

1. The only thing I'm worried about right now is my income. Not sure how that works. Do they want to know how much you have in your savings/checking account? or do they just go by deposits and annual income?

2. The G-325 forms. I understand they will need my wife's medical report since she's is coming to the US. But why would I need to submit mine also? and if I do, I have no records of mine. I guess I should go to the clinic I used to go to when I was little and see if they still have my records available? Let's say, there is no records at all.. I would have to go and get tested for a new record?

The visa you are applying will already be a cr1 visa....just go that route... (if you do a k3 visa it becomes confusing with extra paperwork and can stay k3 depending on how fast the other papework goes thru (if it does at all) or can turn into a cr1visa but its a toss up)

Yes they want to know you have a consistent job...consistent paystubs and letter of employment and you can include assets with savings if you dont have a job you still are main sponsor your simply showing you have no consistent income and include another i864 (not sure if exactly which form to use) for joint sponsor...but your a long way from all that now...

g325a is for the i130 and there is no medical report for that...that would be a different step to embassy once the i 130 is approved and goes thru NVC then NVC forwards to embassy

Unless your immigrating too there is no need for you to have medical done only the intending immigrant.

be careful your beginning to confuse yourself...one step at a time otherwise the whole process is overload all at once...

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.... there are several steps involved not all at once...

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

ONCE your i130 is approved and you have a notice of approval then your info goes to NVC which here is the flowchart for that

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Then onto interview....

Please take time to read...then read again...then see if you have questions....but your confusing yourself right now ...

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

My wife and I were unable to get married in the Catholic church because my first marriage (Justice of the Peace, divorced years ago) was never annulled. I'm not Catholic...the church said they were taking this stance to protect my current wife.

You might want to check with the church and see if it's going to be a problem.

Care,

Bill

Timeline

Trying not to confuse myself.. Just confused with all the K3, I-130 and CR-1 process... but now i'm clear on the CR-1 process. I just need to read up more about it. Like everyone is saying, I still have plenty of time to gather info. And I really appreciate everyone for helping me and answering my questions.

I'm going to follow up on the Catholic church thing. My wife's mom has been telling me that a lot of the Catholic rules have changed over the years and it's much easier now in Vietnam.

Again,, Thanks for everyone's help. I'm gonna keep on reading!

-Hoang

Timeline

CR-1 and I-130 are the same thing.

Regarding your birth certificate, you don't really need them if you both have different last names.

Concerning your income, you can meet the requirement by including up to two cosponsors. And you don't really need to send in your bank statements if you meet the income requirement. Now, I am making $30,000 but I was making nothing before; my parents basically sponsor my wife--the NVC was OK with it.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.