Hoang_Phuong

Few Questions....

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here's the test, or one very similar. It was Standard Progressive Matrices, probably the original by Raven in 1938. The one I took was black and white. The link is in Spanish, but you don't need to know Spanish to take the test. Just enter your name and age and it will let you take the test. Keep in mind, different provinces may ask different questions or tests.

http://www.clipsite.com.ar/HOME/Salud/Test/Raven/

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So i got everything taken care of. But now i dont know what to do when i get to vietnam.

Does my wife have to do anything else? It seems like i already have all the paperwork done so theres nothing left but to get it submitted in vietnam. But she keeps telling me she has all these other paperwork to do. Im confused..

Any help will be appreciated! Im leaving this wednesday to vietnam to see her, so i wanna make sure i get everything done right!

Thanks!

-Tim

Edited by tomi

I know you have to submit some forms when your there and they will schedule for an interview...becareful, they will try to hassle you...when I went to turn in some paperwork, they told me to go back and put on some pants (I had shorts on) to turn in the papers, lol

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Timeline

Interview? Dang! This is gonna be a process to go through. I hope the interview will be scheduled quick because im only gonna be there for 2 weeks.. Ill go in pants lol!!

they scheduled the a few days after i got there since all the paperwork was in before i arrived...but then you have to come sign papers after the interview which they set a date a month later, when I was suppose to be there for 3 weeks!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Timeline

oh another thing is.. I don't know if this will work because the person who is helping me said that my first visit with my girl was this year in May, so it's still way too early to do any kind of paperwork. They suggested that I do another visit or two before even think about doing paperwork for getting married. Which my 2nd visit will be this Nov.30th...

I was told by all 3 very good immigration lawyers that it was too early to get married and that the process will surely fail.

That's when I did research and found Visajourney. After careful reading of all posts, I formulated my plans.

In short, I came to the conclsuion that if the marriage is real, the CO will approve it not matter the time frame.

I met my wife for the first time, went back in 3 months and married her after that. No KET HONG. File the paper work and was approved in less than 5 months (It's the quality not quantities).

Along the way, got held up on the marriage certificate (over 3 wks...coffee money helped)and police certificate (over a 2 months...coffee money didn't helped).

All paper for marriage can be accomplished in Vietnam. Once you have the marriage certificate, most of the paper work can be done in the USA. All except the mental exam.

They will want to do that in Vietnam. I had mine done in the USA and they didn't accept that.

Timeline

I was told by all 3 very good immigration lawyers that it was too early to get married and that the process will surely fail.

That's when I did research and found Visajourney. After careful reading of all posts, I formulated my plans.

In short, I came to the conclsuion that if the marriage is real, the CO will approve it not matter the time frame.

I met my wife for the first time, went back in 3 months and married her after that. No KET HONG. File the paper work and was approved in less than 5 months (It's the quality not quantities).

Along the way, got held up on the marriage certificate (over 3 wks...coffee money helped)and police certificate (over a 2 months...coffee money didn't helped).

All paper for marriage can be accomplished in Vietnam. Once you have the marriage certificate, most of the paper work can be done in the USA. All except the mental exam.

They will want to do that in Vietnam. I had mine done in the USA and they didn't accept that.

So theres gonna be a 2nd visit for medical exams? One for ket hon and one for immigration? What a pain!

I was planning on starting on the immigration paperwork when I get back next month or early January. Hope its not too complicated because i do want to have most of the paperwork done here..

Thanks for sharing your experience.. Ill have to keep those in mind. Did you wear shorts when you submitted the medical exam papers too?? Jk!! Hahaha

actually, now that I think about it, it wasn't to submit some papers, it was to just sign a paper after the interview was approved, lol

All paperwork for marriage can be done in Vietnam with the exception of the singe status paper for the USC (Cong ham doc than). This will have to be done in the US.

So theres gonna be a 2nd visit for medical exams? One for ket hon and one for immigration? What a pain!

I was planning on starting on the immigration paperwork when I get back next month or early January. Hope its not too complicated because i do want to have most of the paperwork done here..

Thanks for sharing your experience.. Ill have to keep those in mind. Did you wear shorts when you submitted the medical exam papers too?? Jk!! Hahaha

Assuming CR-1:

-There is a medical (mental) exam required in order to get the marriage certificate in Vietnam for both petitioner and beneficiary. It can all be done in the same visit as the marriage certificate.

-The beneficiary will also have to get a medical exam at an institution approved by the US Consulate which can be done after you receive the interview appointment letter.

So i got everything taken care of. But now i dont know what to do when i get to vietnam.

Does my wife have to do anything else? It seems like i already have all the paperwork done so theres nothing left but to get it submitted in vietnam. But she keeps telling me she has all these other paperwork to do. Im confused..

Any help will be appreciated! Im leaving this wednesday to vietnam to see her, so i wanna make sure i get everything done right!

Thanks!

-Tim

There are some paperwork that she would need to do. I'm assuming you already did the power of attorney so that she can get the paperwork started on her side. A good dich vu could help to make sure things get done, 2 weeks is not that much time, and there are many rules, some written, some unwritten, that you must follow and it's especially important as any small slip-up will cost you time.

Timeline

I have my single status and ket hon paperwork here done. Was sent to the vietnamese embassy in D.C. for approval. My medical paperwork, single status, ket hon, papers are all stapled together. I just needed to know what happens when i get to vietnam this coming friday.

My wife already did her single status and medical exam. Im trying to find out whats next.. My plane leaves today at 7pm.. Its 11:45am right now.. Hopefully i can get a simple answer from the more experienced.

Thanks all for replying.. Its great help!!

I have my single status and ket hon paperwork here done. Was sent to the vietnamese embassy in D.C. for approval. My medical paperwork, single status, ket hon, papers are all stapled together. I just needed to know what happens when i get to vietnam this coming friday.

My wife already did her single status and medical exam. Im trying to find out whats next.. My plane leaves today at 7pm.. Its 11:45am right now.. Hopefully i can get a simple answer from the more experienced.

Thanks all for replying.. Its great help!!

Assuming you did your mental exam here, and that they accept it in Vietnam, what we did was my wife and I filled out and signed the marriage application, then my wife and I brought all our paperwork to the Justice Department to submit it. They gave us an interview date when we submitted it. Went to the interview, and sometime later, we both went back to sign the marriage license. That's assuming everything goes smoothly.

Timeline

Thanks Dan,

I went to a local vietnamese doctor who does immigration exams. They filled out my document Clearly. So im assuming the justice of the peace in vietnam will accept it with no probs. what you have just explained is exactly what I was told. So good luck to me and hopefully the interview date wont be a long wait..

Thanks again! On my way to the airport!!

• 8 months later...
Timeline

Just a little update... and before this, thanks everyone for the help.

My parents made me seek a lawfirm. So I headed over the Houston TX and met up with this guy who does many immigration cases. The labor cost was very very very reasonable and I get to visit Houston. Just a 2 hour drive. But anyway,, I received my NOA2 already. Paperwork was submitted on May 20th of this year and I got approved on August 3rd. Just waiting for the notification in the mail so I can continue with the journey. Kinda thought it was weird that it was sent to the California Service Center. But hey, I'm not complaining!? It's going quicker than I thought!

I'm pretty excited! I am also going to Vietnam in October. Gonna be there for a month. This will be my 3rd visit! While there, I'm going to be having our Dam Hoi and wedding 2 weeks apart. They said it's okay to have it 2 weeks apart. Have to be done like this because of my Job. They won't allow me to take off long term. But everything is coming together smoothly so far. I hope and I pray that there is no issues for the rest of the journey. Wifey is very nervous about her interview. She keeps hearing horror stories.. =)

Thanks all!

Edited by Hoang_Phuong

Timeline

I also want to add this to this thread just in case some people are confused about the process... I went back and read the whole thread, and I was surely confusing myself with being overwhelmed by the whole process..

First thing first, I went and done the Ket Hon paperwork. This process was super easy! But then again that depends on what area you are at in vietnam. Got everything filled out from the forms provided by my attorney. Or you can download and print online. I went with an attorney, ONLY, because I didn't have time to get the paperwork notarized by the state, blah blah. With all the papers filled out, I took those paperwork provided by my attorney and my Citizenship certificate to vietnam with me. We had a guy in our area who did paperwork. Paid him a little more for bribes. I arrived to vietnam on the 1st of December. That Saturday. Monday, the 3rd, we went and signed papers that were needed in vietnam. I can't tell you exactly what day it was, I totally forgot but it wasn't long until we had to go from Phuoc Tinh (Long Hai area) to Vung Tau. I believe it was that Wednesday. Paid for processing fees and waited for a phone call. We got the call and went for the interview. Keep in mind, Bribe!, we passed before we stepped foot into the building. They asked a few simple questions about the family, and how I met my wife. Grabbed the paperwork and went down the street to get the paperwork translated. While there, it was so convenient that the Postal Office? was a walking distance away, and we had her Passport done. I had everything done by the 16th, and my plane leaves on the 18th. She received her passports shortly after I left.

It was a overall fun experience especially when things are accomplished!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just a little update... and before this, thanks everyone for the help.

My parents made me seek a lawfirm. So I headed over the Houston TX and met up with this guy who does many immigration cases. The labor cost was very very very reasonable and I get to visit Houston. Just a 2 hour drive. But anyway,, I received my NOA2 already. Paperwork was submitted on May 20th of this year and I got approved on August 3rd. Just waiting for the notification in the mail so I can continue with the journey. Kinda thought it was weird that it was sent to the California Service Center. But hey, I'm not complaining!? It's going quicker than I thought!

I'm pretty excited! I am also going to Vietnam in October. Gonna be there for a month. This will be my 3rd visit! While there, I'm going to be having our Dam Hoi and wedding 2 weeks apart. They said it's okay to have it 2 weeks apart. Have to be done like this because of my Job. They won't allow me to take off long term. But everything is coming together smoothly so far. I hope and I pray that there is no issues for the rest of the journey. Wifey is very nervous about her interview. She keeps hearing horror stories.. =)

Thanks all!

Very confusing.. hope the CO doesnt get confused as well! You filed a visa petition for your WIFE, but you said "This will be my 3rd visit! While there, I'm going to be having our Dam Hoi and wedding 2 weeks apart."???:blink:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.