49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got the letter for RFE. 3 items, must answer all in one response.

first item looks like a typo. Want divorce records between petitioner and beneficiary. I was how can I have divorce papers when we were never married. I went to courthouse, got my final decree again and am sending in.

2) circumstances of meeting. When was last meeting. -- Writing document.

3) evidence of meeting. Again Copying passport, boarding passes, receipts, bus tickets, Photos with explanations, ATM transactions at banks in philippines, mubuhay miles membership, email with Gingoog hotel, booking receipts, Philippine tax receipts, any food receipts. facebook pages, youtube pages, anything else I should send in?

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

The first application did not have the minute entry of acceptance from the judge, even though it WAS signed by the judge. So not certain as to why. Everything else was there. I think because I send in copies of valentine's cards, and things form the first visit. O copied everything I had from first visit to send in. It may have been too much. they specifically mentioned not greeting cards and things. I think the excel spreadsheet of the budget for engagement party was not considered evidence as well.

The strange this is USCIS rep on the phone ASKED me specifically if WE WERE MARRIED. I thought THAT was strange. I replied "no, we are not married yet. We are waiting until we get approval for her to come here to America to see if she can adjust to American living. Our plan is to marry 60 days after she enters the USA." the rep replied ok and went on. But I was surprised to the question.

I think it was more to confirm my address or something else. Just seems strange. It was not for the expedite request or anything like that. Just seems weird. And a letter of meeting. I think it was because of this:

travelled to philippines and met at butuan airport. Spent the time together in magsaysay and gingoog city from feb 11 through feb 20. Met her parents and relatives, cousins and friends. During the time together, we decided on getting engaged and married. the engagement party was Friday night, Feb 18 with many relatives attending including both of her grandparents.

Maybe my phrasing was bad???? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There giving you a hard time and it maynot be related to you giving them a hard time. Sounds to me like everything they asked for you can supply. Double Check your Divorce papers and have them Certified by the Courthouse. The rest is penny.

Good news is: It's on someones Desk. After my RFE as with so many members an Approval is 2 or 3 weeks down the road.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

There giving you a hard time and it maynot be related to you giving them a hard time. Sounds to me like everything they asked for you can supply. Double Check your Divorce papers and have them Certified by the Courthouse. The rest is penny.

Good news is: It's on someones Desk. After my RFE as with so many members an Approval is 2 or 3 weeks down the road.

PS ..... I hope you threw that SNOOPY Shirt away. :thumbs:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

The first application did not have the minute entry of acceptance from the judge, even though it WAS signed by the judge. So not certain as to why. Everything else was there. I think because I send in copies of valentine's cards, and things form the first visit. O copied everything I had from first visit to send in. It may have been too much. they specifically mentioned not greeting cards and things. I think the excel spreadsheet of the budget for engagement party was not considered evidence as well.

The strange this is USCIS rep on the phone ASKED me specifically if WE WERE MARRIED. I thought THAT was strange. I replied "no, we are not married yet. We are waiting until we get approval for her to come here to America to see if she can adjust to American living. Our plan is to marry 60 days after she enters the USA." the rep replied ok and went on. But I was surprised to the question.

I think it was more to confirm my address or something else. Just seems strange. It was not for the expedite request or anything like that. Just seems weird. And a letter of meeting. I think it was because of this:

travelled to philippines and met at butuan airport. Spent the time together in magsaysay and gingoog city from feb 11 through feb 20. Met her parents and relatives, cousins and friends. During the time together, we decided on getting engaged and married. the engagement party was Friday night, Feb 18 with many relatives attending including both of her grandparents.

Maybe my phrasing was bad???? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Mis-Read this Post. An Engagement Party is Fine. It's totally Normal and appreciated by her Family.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

thanks did not get them certified, but did check to acceptance of court, and signature by the judge. Make sure it was complete as requested. :blink: :blink: I do not think they are giving me a hard time. I just think it is an abundance of evidence and some bad phrasing of sentences.

as for the snoopy shirt... my fiancee LOVES that shirt. She insisted I wear it the very first day I was there after she saw it in my suitcase.... but i did notice a LOT of people looking at me weird.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

thanks did not get them certified, but did check to acceptance of court, and signature by the judge. Make sure it was complete as requested. :blink: :blink: I do not think they are giving me a hard time. I just think it is an abundance of evidence and some bad phrasing of sentences.

as for the snoopy shirt... my fiancee LOVES that shirt. She insisted I wear it the very first day I was there after she saw it in my suitcase.... but i did notice a LOT of people looking at me weird.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Darren, that was One of my (of 2) RFE's. Send NOTHING But The Original with a Stamp, Signed, and every Page. I think I was charged $ 4.50 cents. They want Certified. NO COPIES. (Original Signatures of the Couthouse and a Seal.)

And as far as the Snoopy Shirt. #######. LOL....

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

just read the sentence really fast, without thought, without any frame of mind. Just reading without any comprehension. The statement MAKES you think we got married......During the time together, we decided on getting engaged and married.

AND IF you take THAT statement with the photos I sent in OF the engagement party. You might interpret the engagement party as a wedding because of the pig, the cake, and the decorations. Plus she is wearing a "deep fuchsia" dress with me in a white shirt and black pants.

the only other thing I can think of is a scanned copy of her CENOMAR.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

just read the sentence really fast, without thought, without any frame of mind. Just reading without any comprehension. The statement MAKES you think we got married......During the time together, we decided on getting engaged and married.

AND IF you take THAT statement with the photos I sent in OF the engagement party. You might interpret the engagement party as a wedding because of the pig, the cake, and the decorations. Plus she is wearing a "deep fuchsia" dress with me in a white shirt and black pants.

the only other thing I can think of is a scanned copy of her CENOMAR.

That is Incorrect. I thought you were referring to proof of disolvement of your previous Marridge. As I said: I misread a post ( And yes, you confuse us sometimes) There AGAIN is nothing wrong with an Engagement Party. I think you want to Fight with everyone because no matter what, you know it all. If you did know it all then why ask when you get a RFE or two.

:bonk: Do you remember signing any documents in the Philipphines at your Party? Was anything Filed. Probably not. Your just Freaking Out.

And back to that Snoopy shirt. Why did you pack that in your Luggage? I think it's weird. :rofl:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

the wording:

marriage termination:

you submitted a copy of the divorce decree. this certificate is not acceptable for immigration purposes because the judge did not sign the divorce decree. Please submit a final divorce decree showing petitioner name and prior spouse and that issued by the civil authorities and signed by the judge that terminated the marriage(S) between Darren and Gretchen.

requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person.

it must be established that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person and/or have been in each others physical presence at any time during the last two years immediately preceding the filing of this petition.

Circumstance of meeting submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship

last personal meeting submit evidence of meeting the beneficiary in person within the two year period proceeding the filing of this petition. Primary evidence may include: airline ticket stubs, and and receipts (that indicate month, date, and year), copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: discs, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Important: All submitted evidence must be verifiable. As such, current names, addresses, and phone numbers must be provided where requested.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

the snoopy shirt: she likes the t-shirts I wear around the house, she sometimes sees on webcam, so I packed a few.... she really really really LOVES that shirt...

I am not trying to fight with anyone. Not one bit. People here have given me much help on here, and sometimes I just need a sounding board. All I did was read what I wrote on the I-129f then look at the RFE. Believe me I am confused.

One of my best friends just suffered kidney failure and is now suffering from dementia or short term memory loss. So right now, I have lost the person who I talked to on all of this. He went through this as well and has been married to a girl from the village for the last 12 years.

another best friend moved on to another job, and left me in the lurch. I am trying to find someone to work with me at my site, so when I have approval, I can go help my fiancee in her interview, and travel to the USA as I promised her parents and her.

My fiancee' village flooded, they are repairing some houses, cleaning others, they had to retrieve some boats from the bay. (they almost lost a few), plus electric was out a couple of days. On top of that, something changed in internet in the area so we cannot talk on webcam anymore.

Plus, I just found out one the woman, (who is the step-daughter of my best friend), who helped get my fiancee and I together is arguing with my fiancee's mom in the village because I sent "too little time" paying attention to her niece during my visit in may for santacruzan festival (or because I refused to give money for the chapel beautification project this year.) Even though I have VOLUNTEERED my house to put the niece and her sister up when they get to the US, plus BEGGED the sponsor (after being asked about them by the sponsor) to add them into the application since they are still eligible (niece just turns 20 this week and her sister is 17.) (the application is in final stages of going to embassy for approval for visas.) instead of waiting for the parents to come and sponsor them. To even nullify the problems with the co-sponsor, her sister, I have offered to even pay for their tickets and expenses if it would help. they are friends of my fiancee and one is considered a best friend. My argument was they would help each other and my fiancee would have some people she knew in the "family" her own age.

trust me I am not fighting. I am jsut trying to provide all knowledge to give a better understanding. IF I wanted to fight... I would just call my parents up on the phone or my x.... guaranteed fight...

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

the wording:

marriage termination:

you submitted a copy of the divorce decree. this certificate is not acceptable for immigration purposes because the judge did not sign the divorce decree. Please submit a final divorce decree showing petitioner name and prior spouse and that issued by the civil authorities and signed by the judge that terminated the marriage(S) between Darren and Gretchen.

requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person.

it must be established that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person and/or have been in each others physical presence at any time during the last two years immediately preceding the filing of this petition.

Circumstance of meeting submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship

last personal meeting submit evidence of meeting the beneficiary in person within the two year period proceeding the filing of this petition. Primary evidence may include: airline ticket stubs, and and receipts (that indicate month, date, and year), copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: discs, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Confusing as Usual.:

Is USCIS under the idea that you are married and using a K-1 Petition. I doubt that is the case. You stated: I did not send Certified Copies of a Previous Divorce. RFE . USCIS may have your previous Marridge Confused with you and Gretchen. Posible ?

Important: All submitted evidence must be verifiable. As such, current names, addresses, and phone numbers must be provided where requested.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

I noticed on your timeline you returned from Philippines Feb 20th and submitted your 129f on Feb 24th. you joined VJ on Feb 21st. it's unfortunate that you received an RFE, but maybe a lesson to be learned by others is to take time to review your packet before submitting to USCIS. your first post looks like your submitting the evidence asked for, which hopefully will have you back on the way to approval of your petition.

one thing I've noticed on some your posts in some other threads. you tend to make an educated guess. maybe it would be better to stick to what you have knowledge of or have experienced. it would be more helpful to others.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

When I was a Child in School and had to get there by Bus. Seems everyone rode that big Long Bus. When the Bus picked me up. it was a short one. I felt Special. It even had Chrome Wheels and the Big Bus Did'nt.

Darren, you read posts and google for answers. But, make the mistake of putting them together ONLY the way You Want To Read It.

Kidding, never rode the short bus but have close friends who did and still friends today.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.