ChrisWR

Interview at Ciudad Juarez consulate

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Several weeks ago we were told that our case at NVC was complete and now we are awaiting the interview date at the consulate in Cd. Juarez, Mexico. First, NVC told me that there are no available dates for June; then they said all of the July dates are full; now they're telling me that maybe August. Our priority date is August 4, 2010. I was wondering if our priority date really influences anything at all. What can I do now? Do I just sit around and wait for them to contact me with an interview date? How long does it realistically take between case completion and the interview appointment? Also, how long after the interview is the visa usually given? It sure would be nice to be able to see an end to this Godforsaken process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The priority date has nothing to do with anything vis a vis the interview.

Do a little homework at the Mexican portal at the top of this page, and you can see how long it typically takes from completion at NVC until an interview in CDJ. And whatever you do, DO NOT be pushy with CDJ. They are possibly the easiest consulate in the world to deal with--not to mention the busiest--but they are very picky and you must abide by their instructions to the letter--do that, and you will fly through the interview whenever it is scheduled. Do NOT be pushy with them--that is a no win game.

Be pleasant. Smile. Be accommodating. Say thank you. You know--all the stuff your mother taught you. It is crucial that you be happy and pleasant when dealing with CDJ.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

make a call into NVC every few days, starting on Monday, asking for casefile status, asking specifically about interview scheduling queue and your place in the queue.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

make a call into NVC every few days, starting on Monday, asking for casefile status, asking specifically about interview scheduling queue and your place in the queue.

Good advice. Thank you and God bless!

Timeline

Hi well I'm in the same spot in this process as you are I received NVC email telling me everything was done just to wait for the interview and that was on April 7 2011 and my wife is still waiting for the interview to been scheduled my priority date was march 22 2011 already passed, I called Juarez consulate asking about the case they told me that they dindn't had scheduled an interview yet that I need to wait, then called NVC and told me that everything is OK about my case that I just need to wait for my turn that Juarez consulate is packed with visa applications so that's why it's taking so long that I must call them on July 18 to see if my wife's interview was scheduled in August. I was getting desperate because it was too much time waiting but after NVC told me that calm came back to me. So the only thing we can do is wait so don't worry just stay calm and everything is gonna be OK. Regards

Timeline

Hi well I'm in the same spot in this process as you are I received NVC email telling me everything was done just to wait for the interview and that was on April 7 2011 and my wife is still waiting for the interview to been scheduled my priority date was march 22 2011 already passed, I called Juarez consulate asking about the case they told me that they dindn't had scheduled an interview yet that I need to wait, then called NVC and told me that everything is OK about my case that I just need to wait for my turn that Juarez consulate is packed with visa applications so that's why it's taking so long that I must call them on July 18 to see if my wife's interview was scheduled in August. I was getting desperate because it was too much time waiting but after NVC told me that calm came back to me. So the only thing we can do is wait so don't worry just stay calm and everything is gonna be OK. Regards

They only schedule appointments on the second week of each month for the following month, so if you did not get an appointment by then, it means that you have to wait until the following month to see if you get schedule. So even if you call daily, until that second week comes, there is not much else to do.

Timeline

They only schedule appointments on the second week of each month for the following month, so if you did not get an appointment by then, it means that you have to wait until the following month to see if you get schedule. So even if you call daily, until that second week comes, there is not much else to do.

Actually, I called this afternoon and was told that we have an appointment scheduled for August 2nd at 1030. Yea!!!!! Will be receiving the information packet shortly.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

this is so weird to me i think now im doing something wrong then??

i got approved with my fiance visa on the 30th of june by the

11 of june nvc recieved my case

by the 14 they sent it to cuidad juarez

i called the 18 to cuidad juarez and told me they had recieved it

so i started everything i made my interview date on the

17 of july and the biometrics on the 15 of july

i received my letter on the 23.

is it going too fast em i doing it too fast or what?

im seeing you guys are taking longer

• 1 year later...

so how long did you have to wait after NVC approval????

cc:

THE WAY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN I CAN EXPECT MY INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY WIFE FOR CD JUAREZ MEXICO???????

JUST GOT ADVISED FROM NVC THAT MY PACKAGE WAS APPROVED AND COMPLETED ON MARCH 17, 2015!!! when can i expect a letter about interview.

thank you all

Met June 2011

Baby 1 dob      Jan 28, 2013

Baby 2 dob     March 15, 2014

Baby 3 dob     May 11, 2018

Got married February 5, 2014:

USCIS: February 1, 2014:

Sent I-130: February 17, 2014:

NOA1 to NVC August 18, 2014:

Case Complete NVC March 17, 2015

Letter and instructions from NVC for INTERVIEW March 27, 2015

Medical Exam May 26, 2015

Bio-metrics Appt. May 27, 2015 -

INTERVIEW DAY May 28, 2015 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!

VISA RECEIVED: June 4, 2015

Point of Entry: JULY 14, 2015

SS Card Received: JULY 22, 2015

Green Card Received: AUGUST 27, 2015

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Date Filed: April 15, 2017

Bio Appt:    June 1, 2017

I551 Stamp: YES - November 17, 2017

NOA:   Feb 16, 2018

Approved: Aug 2, 2018

10yr GC rec'd: AUG 9, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is nearly 4 years old and is therefore now closed to further comments. The most recent poster has started a new thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.