hisprincess

APPROVED ,CO didnt bother to look at our photos,evidences of ongoing relationship etc

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

That's cool, for me the CO just look at at least 5 photos and never bother to look the other stuff (reciepts, plane tickets, money transfer, and other proof of ongoing relationship) and yes it took me a hard time to prepare all of it the way its organize... And one common thing was, he said goodluck to my daughter and asked if she is ready to move in the USA. I think kids bring goodluck and charm,,,,

Im happy for you...

HAHA i agree.. although my toddler cant talk much yet i guess it was the CO's blue staring eyes that caught his attention and pointed at them saying " EYES!!"... i think that was the first time i noticed him smile ( the CO) that morning :yes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok So our K1 and K2 visas were approved last 6/22 and were just asked the usual questions:

How did we meet?

how many times he visited,

if we had previous marriages,his job,duarations of his stays,.. mostly dates that im pretty sure were answered accurately.. he was just browsing through our docs most of the time during the interview that only lasted for like 6 minutes and said " ok i will approve your visa now and expect it in few days.. goodluck Lance!.." (my 3 year old son)

However i cant help but wonder why he didnt even bother to look at the photo album i really put so much effort in making LOL with all my creativity and even the folder which contains other relationship proof such as emails, plane tickets,hotel reciepts,skype screenshots,engagement ring reciept,money transfer reciepts etc..

Is this usual? if so how many days were you able to have the visa on hand after the interview

TIA <3

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

Congratulations! :dance: :dance: :dance:

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

congrats!!...... :thumbs: where waiting for our interview now sometime in aug i guess.....i can imiagine IF you dont bring all that stuff and then he ask for it.opps!!! :bonk:

Edited by joyjohn

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Ok So our K1 and K2 visas were approved last 6/22 and were just asked the usual questions:

How did we meet?

if we had previous marriages,his job,duarations of his stays,.. mostly dates that im pretty sure were answered accurately.. he was just browsing through our docs most of the time during the interview that only lasted for like 6 minutes and said " ok i will approve your visa now and expect it in few days.. goodluck Lance!.." (my 3 year old son)

However i cant help but wonder why he didnt even bother to look at the photo album i really put so much effort in making LOL with all my creativity and even the folder which contains other relationship proof such as emails, plane tickets,hotel reciepts,skype screenshots,engagement ring reciept,money transfer reciepts etc..

Is this usual? if so how many days were you able to have the visa on hand after the interview

TIA <3

Super Congrats! I can't wait for the day for my love to make the trip to Manila.

Timeline

congrats!!...... :thumbs: where waiting for our interview now sometime in aug i guess.....i can imiagine IF you dont bring all that stuff and then he ask for it.opps!!! :bonk:

You should still definitely bring that heavy portfolio with you LOL,i think it really pays a lot if you put more effort on making sure that you have all the proper documentations to supplement what the beneficiary already send to USCIS when they filed the petition.. they are very particular with their capacity to financially support you,i only had all of these (AOS, W2.paystubs,military papers,ITR's just a couple of weeks before the interview) in my case, the prescreener only asked for my Fiance's last ITR, and the W2's.. i really INSISTED that she staple the rest of other documents that supports them.. like the paystubs ( last 3) his 2 page employment letter ( the 2nd page states his tax exemptions during his deployment) you have to be very makulit about this for your papers to look good on the hands of the CO

I only notice that day that the most common reason for the C0s' refusals are lack of documentation .. the WU's is what i heard the most.

Timeline

We werent' asked for photos either, I think once CO is convinced that relationship is real, they don't ask for supporting evidences anymore. That is a good thing. My fiance will still bring photos in this carry on baggage though for the immigration interview at the airport when he arrives. We were approved K-1 Visa on 6/21, just waiting for the delivery, but I heard maulan nagyon so baka ma delay ng konti. Good luck to you too!

Timeline

yup im still bringing with me my 3 kg portfolio with me especially that uber cute scrapbook that took me time and effort to make,not only for the immigration but also for my guapo papa to see and appreciate LOL

As with the possible delay due to bad weather.. i hope not id start calling ( bugging) them on monday

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just had my interview yesterday and they didn't ask for my photos, receipts, emails, etc. either. I was surprised, but when he said I was approved that's all I cared about lol!

Congrats!! Enjoy this moment!

Matt&Tara

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs:

How did we meet?

TIA <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

what are you complaining about :bonk: :bonk: lol.... Congratulations, Enjoy the weekend and breathe. good luck with your move and the rest of your lives together :thumbs:

03/17/2011----->I-129F mailed to Lewisville TX

03/21/2011----->Package delivered, signed by CATES

03/25/2011----->NOA1 received via text &email @ 1:15am

(Case transfered to Vermont)

03/29/2011----->NOA1 hardcopy received dated 3/23/11

03/29/2011----->TOUCHED

07/05/2011-----> NOA2 received via text & email

07/07/2011-----> NOA2 hardcopy receive dated 7/05/11

07/18/2011----->Package left NVC for Nigeria

07/25/2011-----> NVC hardcopy case number received dated 07/08/11

10/14/2011-----> Interview date-------APPROVED!!!!!! :)

10/21/2011----->VISA IN HAND ....Doxology :)

01/14/2012----->Arrival via Chicago

01/28/2012----->Married

03/28/2012----->AOE/EAD/AP filed

04/04/2012----->NOA1 received

04/27/2012----->Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Thanks.. right now i am mastering the art of letting go ( packing our suitcases and sorting out the old but loved stuff over the years that i have to leave or else im gona be paying a lot for the extra baggage,not complaining was just worried/curious if this thing happens a lot.. good luck to all of you as well :thumbs:

Timeline

First time immigrants are allowed 4 pcs of luggage, at least a few years ago, double check when your visa arrives the information should be in there too.

Thanks NASN great tip.. yeah id still need to call the airline itself there are also some stuff you need to pay like travel tax etc rate is depending on the airline and the flight class.. :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.