mishellibelli

I-693 - Lost our vaccine record, what now?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Somewhere along the line we seem to have lost my fiance's vaccination record from his medical exams in Malawi (if you could even call it a vaccination record - it didn't seem to have all of the vaccines on it anyway). We emailed the doctor/hospital to see if we could somehow get a copy of the records. We got a response back from the doctor that he is currently in the US and doesn't have access to the records and gave us a list of the vaccines 'that he recalls' giving. Would this be sufficient information to give to a civil surgeon here for a I693 (I'm seriously doubting it). I also doubt that the hospital in Malawi will fax us any kind of record, and if they mailed it it would take several months (if it ever even arrived). Does this mean he will probably have to get the entire vaccine series over again?

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Unfortunately if you dont have it he will have to get the vaccines again...sorry good luck to you guys :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Somewhere along the line we seem to have lost my fiance's vaccination record from his medical exams in Malawi (if you could even call it a vaccination record - it didn't seem to have all of the vaccines on it anyway). We emailed the doctor/hospital to see if we could somehow get a copy of the records. We got a response back from the doctor that he is currently in the US and doesn't have access to the records and gave us a list of the vaccines 'that he recalls' giving. Would this be sufficient information to give to a civil surgeon here for a I693 (I'm seriously doubting it). I also doubt that the hospital in Malawi will fax us any kind of record, and if they mailed it it would take several months (if it ever even arrived). Does this mean he will probably have to get the entire vaccine series over again?

Can't vouch for every civil surgeon but mine took the copy of my medical report my doctor signed 7 yrs ago in order for me to come to college in the US. So I would say, if you can get your doctor to send you a signed copy of those vaccinations, that is a good thing to bring with you to a civil surgeon. Vaccinations and the exam here in the US are very expensive. I had most of them luckily, but for a booster, chicken pox and the syphilis test, as well as the tuberculin test it was $408.5. So I would say try to get whatever evidence you can that you actually had that stuff done. Anything might help - be it a paper from the doctor stating he gave you such and such or any kind of record from the hospital or his office.

PS the blood test to check if you have received vaccines is about as expensive as the vaccine itself.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

A doctor can do a titer test to find out the presence of antibodies and see what he is immune to.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.