6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I'm a US citizen and filed for my wife on Jan 31. We received the interview notice on June 3, and the interview date is July 6 at LA. Just wondering how the interview process goes. I've heard from different sources, some say that the IO interview the couple together, some say that the couple are interviewed separately. So I want to get more expert's opinions here, and we'll be more prepared. Also, usually how long is the interview time? what kind of questions do they ask? do they tell you the decision right there, at the end of interview?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

I can tell for my experience: my husband and I had interviews separately(it did not take longer than 10 minutes each), only two questions: how did we meet? and how did we keep the long distance relationship? the IO was very professional,she looked all our pictures and she kept our joint account statements and lease contract.Right after she finished the interview she kept my EAD and I-94 and told me she was going to approved my application for AOS .the interview process is not painful at all,as long as you have an organized file and of course,proof of bona fide marriage.

good luck!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Lady26, thanks very much for your information. 10 minutes of question is not bad at all, we can certainly handle that :-). We do have joint bank account statement and joint car ownership. About the pictures, how many did you show to the IO? we've selected about 25 of us together on different occasions, wonder if that's enough.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi, I'm a US citizen and filed for my wife on Jan 31. We received the interview notice on June 3, and the interview date is July 6 at LA. Just wondering how the interview process goes. I've heard from different sources, some say that the IO interview the couple together, some say that the couple are interviewed separately. So I want to get more expert's opinions here, and we'll be more prepared. Also, usually how long is the interview time? what kind of questions do they ask? do they tell you the decision right there, at the end of interview?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Don't presume how your interview will go based on how other people's interviews have gone. At one end of the spectrum are the interviews that are quick and easy. At the other end are the interviews that are grueling interrogation sessions that last for hours. It depends entirely on how suspicious the IO is that your relationship is a sham for the purpose of evading immigration law.

The overwhelming majority of interviews are closer to the easy end of the spectrum. You should always be prepared for the possibility that yours will be closer to the difficult end of the spectrum. You'll never go wrong by being over-prepared.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

the amount of pictures is up to you but you definitively consider the next topics in order to choose your best pictures to show the IO:

pictures of you and your husband before your wedding

pictures from your wedding

pictures from trips you did with your husband

pictures with families and friends

good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

Sounds good Lady26, we do have pictures on all those occasions you mentioned. Our marriage is very legit and we've known each other for a long time. But like Jim said, we'll prepare for a tough interview and not take things for granted. Thanks for your good wish.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.