4Toms

NVC Sign In Failed -NVC. Interview @ Chennai - Next Steps?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

All

Tried signing in to NVC Payment page and received Sign-in-Failed. Hopefully it's a good sign. Trying to figure out the next steps in the context of an interview at Chennai consulate, INDIA.Thanks to the posts and wiki , I had a very good idea on what to expect up until now. I have read through several posts and still remains ambiguous on the exact next steps. Would appreciate help from folks who have gone through/ planning their interviews at Chennai Consulate, INDIA.

• Do I receive a Packet 3 / Packet 4 from Chennai Consulate?
  • Are there any completed forms ( DS-230, I-864 already submitted to NVC) which the beneficiary needs to taking to the interview. Beneficiary will have the copies of all submissions done to date.
  • When do I have to make the courier payments at VFS? Do I need to submit anything else at VFS? As I understand medical results/proofs of relationship ( photos and like ) to be carried in person by the beneficiary for the interview.
  • When and where do I have to specify that I am collecting the passport/ visa in person as opposed to being couriered by VFS ?
  • Any prep which needs to be done before going in for medical at Appolo Hospital, Chennai?
  • Does Chennai consulate allow USC petitioner along with beneficiary for the interview?
  • Any other tips greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance for all your help !

All

Tried signing in to NVC Payment page and received Sign-in-Failed. Hopefully it's a good sign. Trying to figure out the next steps in the context of an interview at Chennai consulate, INDIA.Thanks to the posts and wiki , I had a very good idea on what to expect up until now. I have read through several posts and still remains ambiguous on the exact next steps. Would appreciate help from folks who have gone through/ planning their interviews at Chennai Consulate, INDIA.

• Do I receive a Packet 3 / Packet 4 from Chennai Consulate?
  • Are there any completed forms ( DS-230, I-864 already submitted to NVC) which the beneficiary needs to taking to the interview. Beneficiary will have the copies of all submissions done to date.
  • When do I have to make the courier payments at VFS? Do I need to submit anything else at VFS? As I understand medical results/proofs of relationship ( photos and like ) to be carried in person by the beneficiary for the interview.
  • When and where do I have to specify that I am collecting the passport/ visa in person as opposed to being couriered by VFS ?
  • Any prep which needs to be done before going in for medical at Appolo Hospital, Chennai?
  • Does Chennai consulate allow USC petitioner along with beneficiary for the interview?
  • Any other tips greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance for all your help !

I can't answer your questions about VFS as I have no idea, but here's some answers for your other questions.

First off, call NVC and make sure your case is closed. SIF does not guarantee CC all the time.

I'm not sure the wait time at your consulate, but an interview date will be scheduled either in a few days or in a few weeks. Once it is scheduled, if you gave both email addresses to NVC at the beginning, then packet 4 (the interview letter) will be emailed to you from NVC. You don't get any correspondence from the consulate about your interview (unless expedited or doing DCF). Then within a few days of the interview date being scheduled, your case will be shipped to the consulate abroad.

For the interview, it's suggested to bring a copy of ALL packages submitted (I-130, I-864, DS-230) just in case. Because the interview takes place at a US Consulate, then of course the petitioner (USC) is allowed in! You might not be allowed to be in the same room as the interview, but you're certainly allowed in the building. Just make sure you bring your US passport with you to the interview.

For the medical, make sure the beneficiary has all necessary vaccines done, preferably ahead of time to save money as it's usually more expensive to get vaccines done by a panel physician.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Chennai Consulate doesn't allow petitioners.

There is no courier payment for CR-1 applicants as it is included in the payment made for IV to NVC - it is only for DCF applicants.

The Visa can be collected at VFS on the date informed at interview. VFS will not wait beyond that date and will mail it to the address given in DS-230.

You spouse must take copies of I-130, DS-230, I-864 - please keep those in separate folders for easy referencing, if asked for.

Ther is generally no preparation for Medical - however you will need to call the physician from the panel, who will schedule appointment and will let you know of any preparation, if applicable. Take all the immunization records from childhood, which can eliminate some immunizations during medical.

You spouse must take the marraige, honeymoon and other albums and additional proofs like mixing of finances, joint lease agreement....

There are out there (in the forum) some general interview question - check those out. The bottom line is that your spouse must know about you and your parents, their jobs, places of stay.....

Hope this helps. all the best.

By the way we just received NOA2 and will soon be at Chennai Consulate - will get our medical done at hyderabad.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi 4Toms,

Our case got completed and we are also waiting for Chennai interview, I called NVC and they told me the JULY dates are already done, probably the august that we hope for.NVC person asked me to call back in second week of JULY so to know the dates. Let us share any progress, since we are almost in the similar line and same consulate.

Thanks, good luck

:thumbs:

Thanks Navyk for your response. Greatly appreciate your inputs. Are you sure that there is no VFS submission step involved in CR1/IRI process ?

Thought I had read multiple threads about making payment at VFS.

Chennai Consulate doesn't allow petitioners.

There is no courier payment for CR-1 applicants as it is included in the payment made for IV to NVC - it is only for DCF applicants.

The Visa can be collected at VFS on the date informed at interview. VFS will not wait beyond that date and will mail it to the address given in DS-230.

You spouse must take copies of I-130, DS-230, I-864 - please keep those in separate folders for easy referencing, if asked for.

Ther is generally no preparation for Medical - however you will need to call the physician from the panel, who will schedule appointment and will let you know of any preparation, if applicable. Take all the immunization records from childhood, which can eliminate some immunizations during medical.

You spouse must take the marraige, honeymoon and other albums and additional proofs like mixing of finances, joint lease agreement....

There are out there (in the forum) some general interview question - check those out. The bottom line is that your spouse must know about you and your parents, their jobs, places of stay.....

Hope this helps. all the best.

By the way we just received NOA2 and will soon be at Chennai Consulate - will get our medical done at hyderabad.

GCDI -----When did you call NVC ?

Looking at your timeline, I see that your case was completed in May. Surpised that you did not get a July date in spite of that.

Hi 4Toms,

Our case got completed and we are also waiting for Chennai interview, I called NVC and they told me the JULY dates are already done, probably the august that we hope for.NVC person asked me to call back in second week of JULY so to know the dates. Let us share any progress, since we are almost in the similar line and same consulate.

Thanks, good luck

:thumbs:

Thank You ! Appreciate your inputs..

I can't answer your questions about VFS as I have no idea, but here's some answers for your other questions.

First off, call NVC and make sure your case is closed. SIF does not guarantee CC all the time.

I'm not sure the wait time at your consulate, but an interview date will be scheduled either in a few days or in a few weeks. Once it is scheduled, if you gave both email addresses to NVC at the beginning, then packet 4 (the interview letter) will be emailed to you from NVC. You don't get any correspondence from the consulate about your interview (unless expedited or doing DCF). Then within a few days of the interview date being scheduled, your case will be shipped to the consulate abroad.

For the interview, it's suggested to bring a copy of ALL packages submitted (I-130, I-864, DS-230) just in case. Because the interview takes place at a US Consulate, then of course the petitioner (USC) is allowed in! You might not be allowed to be in the same room as the interview, but you're certainly allowed in the building. Just make sure you bring your US passport with you to the interview.

For the medical, make sure the beneficiary has all necessary vaccines done, preferably ahead of time to save money as it's usually more expensive to get vaccines done by a panel physician.

Timeline

4Toms, I will double-check regarding VFS payments sometime today get back to you.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

Timeline

4Toms, I checked at the Chennai Consulate information on VisaJourney, which states that a fee of IRS 380 need to be paid at the nearest VFS center after successful interview towards coriour charges for the visa to be sent to your (spouses) address in India. This is not authentic.

Then I checked at the actual Chennai website. It is mentioned there that you can expect visa in courier in 3 - 4 days or go to nearest VFS center to collect it (but doesn't speak about any payment). I think people are clicking on the VFS link and getting confused. The visa fee USD 404 for CR1 is paid at NVC includes both processing and the AOS fee is USD 88.00.

The link showing visa fees - http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

You can also contact VFS @ infouschennai@vfshelpline.com and inquire. I will also do it.

USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi 4 Toms

I called NVC last week some times, I don’t remember the day Thursday or Friday. Actually I filed F2A and first week of June I upgraded it to CR1, that is why we didn't make it for July and waiting on august. I also do not understand about the VFS stuff, loto knows lot of information about that and hopefully he can answer this, it is confusing at this stage but with all his links I did everything with out one RFE, I am hoping that p 4 should gives us more info on VFS and courier charge if not, after the visa dates is schedule we can contact the Chennai consulate, but at this time I don’t think they have our info yet.

GCDI.. Thanks for your inputs.

I am following your track as well.. F2A and upgrade to CR1 at the NVC stage. Only difference is I hadn't sent in my DS-230 until after the upgrade. I am counting on an August interview date.. Let's keep in touch and share any updates. BTW, do you know if NVC sends any email updates once the case processing is complete?

Hi 4 Toms

I called NVC last week some times, I don't remember the day Thursday or Friday. Actually I filed F2A and first week of June I upgraded it to CR1, that is why we didn't make it for July and waiting on august. I also do not understand about the VFS stuff, loto knows lot of information about that and hopefully he can answer this, it is confusing at this stage but with all his links I did everything with out one RFE, I am hoping that p 4 should gives us more info on VFS and courier charge if not, after the visa dates is schedule we can contact the Chennai consulate, but at this time I don't think they have our info yet.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

GCDI.. Thanks for your inputs.

I am following your track as well.. F2A and upgrade to CR1 at the NVC stage. Only difference is I hadn't sent in my DS-230 until after the upgrade. I am counting on an August interview date.. Let's keep in touch and share any updates. BTW, do you know if NVC sends any email updates once the case processing is complete?

This would be a GREAT time to enter your official VJ Timeline, over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=84784

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.