3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations!!! since we moved to dis page2 many gud news are coming in.that is gud,the gud news should come for all of us.congrat again.plse dance for me :dance::dance::dance::dance: i think u ave to do an infor pass for ur i485 cos murid had a problem with his own so plse go and check on urs if it is still valid,

Thanks! Good luck on your interview. How about filing a new 485? Murid, could you advice? Is my old 485 still in Local office or transferred to Vermont? I am confused with the process when the petitioner has an old 485.

Filed: Other Timeline

Today I received automated message saying I-360 approval was mailed to my address. Thanks anyone who helped me along this process. Filed last Nov and it took almost 9 months. For those who are waiting, good luck!

I have a previous I-485 filed with spouse's I-130. Both are still active according to system. Shall I send a new 485? Shall I send it to Vermont? Need your help. Thanks.

Hey! Congrats on your approval!!!! What day did you mail your application in November?

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, but I have been a guest for the last 6 months. Thank you all for sharing your journey. You all have kept me strong. I applied for VAWA Nov 18, 2010. I only got a Prima Facie, never heard from them again. It's been almost 9 months. I got an APPROVAL e-mail yesterday. I cried and I fell on my knees and thank God. :D

Inpeace, your time is coming up shortly. Anyone, I need your advise, I have I485 pending at the local office with an approved I130, how do I proceed???

Edited by blessedwoman

Inpeace, I may be able to answer your question about EAD renewal. If your current EAD was filed based on c(9) category, and your I485 is still pending at the local office, you can file at the lockbox using the same c(9) category. My current I765 is to expire in Sept 2011. I submitted my renewal application on June 2, 2011 using the same c(9) category given that I had the I485 pending at the local office. I sent it to the lockbox. I received my EAD card on July 5, 2011 which will be valid from Sept 2011 to Sept 2012.

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, but I have been a guest for the last 6 months. Thank you all for sharing your journey. You all have kept me strong. I applied for VAWA Nov 18, 2010. I only got a Prima Facie, never heard from them again. It's been almost 9 months. I got an APPROVAL e-mail yesterday. I cried and I fell on my knees and thank God. :D

Inpeace, your time is coming up shortly. Anyone, I need your advise, I have I485 pending at the local office with an approved I130, how do I proceed???

Congrats! We filed around the same time. I also want to figure out how to deal with the old pending I485, my old I130 is pending also. murid recommended filing a new 485 to VSC on the forum a few months ago.

Thanks! Good luck on your interview. How about filing a new 485? Murid, could you advice? Is my old 485 still in Local office or transferred to Vermont? I am confused with the process when the petitioner has an old 485.

I will advice you to file a new I-485 with a fee waiver because waiting for your old I-485 can be very lengthy and almost impossible. I went to my local office and I was inform that they can't used my old I-485. So I wasted 2 months waiting.

Window Open 08-02-2014

Package Mailed to USCIS DALLAS Lockbox: 08-02-2014

Package Received: 08-04-2014

Check Cashed: 08-07-2014

NOA: 08-11-2014

Biometrics Received: 08-19-2014 for 08/25

Walk-in Fingerprints: 08-21-2014

In Line for Interview: 08-26-2014

Interview Scheduled text & Email: 10-17-2014

Interview Date: 11-25-2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Tuckahoe and blessed woman: what a joy!! Two more approvals!!!! Congratss!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Blessedwoman, I'm not sure it was c 09, because the first time I filed with my i485... But I think now it should be c 09 since I have a vawa pending... I'm a little confused...

nov 04 Went to interview by myself, told officer will aplly for vawa

11/04 I485 touched (still on initial review)

11/21 officer called lawyer about the I485 (btw: really nice IO)

12/10 apply for VAWA, without background check

12/11 lawyer drop off a copy of I360 for the IO

12/15 Prima faice received

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/04 Apply for EAD renew

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

08/31 new card ordered (again??)

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

09/03 EAD arrived in the mail!! ufa!

10/03 Sent letter to renew prima facie and inquire about vawa status.

10/05 I360 touched- changed to "Request for evidence review" (WTH????)

11/27 Recieved prima facie extension

11/30 VAWA APPROVED!!!! yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii12/04 I360 Touched

12/22 Interview noticed for 01/23/12

12/26 Interview canceled by USCIS

12/31 New interview notice for 01/30/12

01/31/12 Interview and new biometrics done!!!

I will advice you to file a new I-485 with a fee waiver because waiting for your old I-485 can be very lengthy and almost impossible. I went to my local office and I was inform that they can't used my old I-485. So I wasted 2 months waiting.

Murid, Thanks much. Could you give some guidance of how to request a fee waiver? Regards.

Murid, Thanks much. Could you give some guidance of how to request a fee waiver? Regards.

All you have to do is write a letter and reference your old I-485 receipt number then they will mark it fees previously collected.

Example:

I am writing to request a fee waiver for my I-485 application to adjust status or register permanent resident. I paid a fee on my previous I-485 application receipt number xxxxxxxxxx, which was later withdrawn.

Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Window Open 08-02-2014

Package Mailed to USCIS DALLAS Lockbox: 08-02-2014

Package Received: 08-04-2014

Check Cashed: 08-07-2014

NOA: 08-11-2014

Biometrics Received: 08-19-2014 for 08/25

Walk-in Fingerprints: 08-21-2014

In Line for Interview: 08-26-2014

Interview Scheduled text & Email: 10-17-2014

Interview Date: 11-25-2014

Congratulations tuckahoe8!!

Today I received automated message saying I-360 approval was mailed to my address. Thanks anyone who helped me along this process. Filed last Nov and it took almost 9 months. For those who are waiting, good luck!

I have a previous I-485 filed with spouse's I-130. Both are still active according to system. Shall I send a new 485? Shall I send it to Vermont? Need your help. Thanks.

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Congratulations blessedwoman! Good days are ahead of you now...don't forget to smile :)

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Thank you murid2010 :dance::dance: I will be meeting with my attorney next week. I will ask him if I can file a new application with a fee waiver. I'll give you an update later!!! I actually went to the interview with my spouse in 2009,and my attorney had met with the immigration officer at the local office and had them hold the adjudication of my I-485 until the VAWA is approved. So, I will see how it goes. I pray all will go well quickly for us, the waiting is miserable.

Tuckahoe and blessed woman: what a joy!! Two more approvals!!!! Congratss!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Blessedwoman, I'm not sure it was c 09, because the first time I filed with my i485... But I think now it should be c 09 since I have a vawa pending... I'm a little confused...

Inpeace, if your spouse had file I130, I765 and I485 together and you were approved for the EAD, but never withdraw the I485, then your category is c(9). You should not send it to VSC (VSC is for persons who applied I360 concurrently with I485). Follow the direction that I posted above. Use the lockbox assigned to your State. This is a list of the papers I submitted:

I765 application form

Copy of I485 receipt

Copy of current EAD card front and back

Copy of the last mailer that came with the current EAD Card

Copy of I360 receipt or letter stating you application is pending

Cover letter stating the documents you are submitting.

If your I-485 is pending under the c(9) category, and you had previously paid 1010, you will NOT pay the $380 for Renewal.

The renewal is free. This is my 3rd EAD card and I have never paid a fee. Hope this will be helpful!!! :thumbs:

Congratulations blessedwoman! Good days are ahead of you now...don't forget to smile :)

Hopeful-2011, thank you!!

God will pay us double for our troubles. To everyone, don't give up, we will all be rewarded for the injustices served on us by our spouses.

All you have to do is write a letter and reference your old I-485 receipt number then they will mark it fees previously collected.

Example:

I am writing to request a fee waiver for my I-485 application to adjust status or register permanent resident. I paid a fee on my previous I-485 application receipt number xxxxxxxxxx, which was later withdrawn.

Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.