Bad_Daddy

Study: Women dig dudes driving hot cars

37 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110620/us_nm/us_dating_cars;_ylt=Alv8ZFwZGz2JGJVCvUgube4UewgF;_ylu=X3oDMTMyNHAwbzVkBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwNjIwL3VzX2RhdGluZ19jYXJzBGNjb2RlA2dtcGFsbHBvb2wEY3BvcwM2BHBvcwM2BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDc3R1ZHl3b21lbmRp

By Jim Forsyth – Mon Jun 20, 7:05 pm ET

SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) – A recent study by Texas researchers proves what single men have known for a long time: Chicks dig hot cars.

Men who wear expensive clothes and drive flashy cars are more successful at having flings and staying single than their financially conservative counterparts, researchers at the University of Texas at San Antonio said.

And while it's not exactly groundbreaking information that some women are more likely to go from the bar with a guy in a Porsche rather than a Geo, the project found the phenomenon is less about gold-digging and more about "signals," University of Texas at San Antonio marketing professor Dr. Jill Sundie told Reuters on Monday.

By engaging in splashy personal spending, men are sending a signal to women that they want a "short term relationship," much like peacocks trying to woo a mating partner using "wasteful, elaborate displays," Sundie said.

"Basically, they're just trying to convince a female that, 'Hey, if all you're looking for is genes, I have the best genes, so you should choose me,'" she said.

Women, pick up on that signal and respond to it -- positively if she's into that kind of thing, or negatively if she is looking for marriage material.

"Women seem to understand that when they see a man who has chosen to spend money conspicuously, they think he would be more interesting as a date," Sundie said.

That is, if all they want is a one-nighter or something temporary. When it comes to the long term, Sundie said, flashing the cash becomes a turn-off for women.

"If you ask them to think of these men instead as a long term partner, how good is this guy as a marriage partner, the flashy spending doesn't help him at all," she said.

The same is not true for women, the study shows.

Researchers surveyed nearly 1,000 men and women in four separate studies to determine the signals sent by conspicuous consumption and how it is viewed by the opposite sex. Their findings were published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

Sundie stressed that not all men who spend conspicuously do so in hopes of having a fling, and women who date these types of men are not all interested simply in flings.

But the signals are clear, even if the intentions are not.

"It appears to be a behavior that is much more likely to occur if the guy is seeking short-term relationships, and he is thinking about a situation where he might be able to get one of those short-term relationships," she said. "When they think about women, they spend lots of money."

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When I am in my dented 92 Toyota truck, no one ever looks. But when I ride this . . . . . post-18685-0-41410700-1308668814_thumb.jpg

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

When I am in my dented 92 Toyota truck, no one ever looks. But when I ride this . . . . . post-18685-0-41410700-1308668814_thumb.jpg

That bike is a BEAUT! Nice B-)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Thanks! My wife sometimes gets a little upset when I am riding alone. She would rather I drive my posh Toyota truck :lol:.

True, True story. yes.gif

My wife & I went to visit my very good friend in New Jersey last Saturday.

He had to fill up his propane canister for the barbecue so he invited us

to come along to the mall in his new (used) 'Stang ragtop muscle car he

had recently delivered from Texas. Black paint job and red leather seats.

It was incredible. He would accelerate to 40 MPH on the local streets

and the engine sounded like we were going 400 MPH. My wife was

having a great time, she had never been in a car like this.

When we stopped at a stoplight, a little old lady rolled down her

window and grinned ear-to-ear, giving us the "thumbs-up."

ist2_358199-old-lady-giving-the-thumbs-up-sign.jpg

I asked my friend if he ever got that action from younger babes.

His reply: "NOPE"

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

True, True story. yes.gif

My wife & I went to visit my very good friend in New Jersey last Saturday.

He had to fill up his propane canister for the barbecue so he invited us

to come along to the mall in his new (used) 'Stang ragtop muscle car he

had recently delivered from Texas. Black paint job and red leather seats.

It was incredible. He would accelerate to 40 MPH on the local streets

and the engine sounded like we were going 400 MPH. My wife was

having a great time, she had never been in a car like this.

When we stopped at a stoplight, a little old lady rolled down her

window and grinned ear-to-ear, giving us the "thumbs-up."

ist2_358199-old-lady-giving-the-thumbs-up-sign.jpg

I asked my friend if he ever got that action from younger babes.

His reply: "NOPE"

Was she driving a Shiny Red Super Stock Dodge by an chance?rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Was she driving a Shiny Red Super Stock Dodge by an chance?rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

IR5

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

IR5

I loved that movie. That, a movie with Steve McQueen called "Bullet", that Dirty Mary - Crazy Lary movie, a long with the James Bond "Live and Let Die" had some of the best car chase scenes ever! They don't make em like that anymore.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

I loved that movie. That, a movie with Steve McQueen called "Bullet", that Dirty Mary - Crazy Lary movie, a long with the James Bond "Live and Let Die" had some of the best car chase scenes ever! They don't make em like that anymore.

You forgot Fear Is The Key. Bullitt had a thin plot but McQueasy in his 390 Mustang chasing down the Hemi Charger was fun. The 390 couldn't keep up with the Hemi, the camera car was a 427 'Vette (I don't remember if it was the L72 -425HP or L88-430HP (sure it only had 430HP) rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif or the L89-435HP (Tri-power). They were filming those scenes at 90+mph. If you look carefully you can see the Mustang's passenger side tie-rod and control arm snap. Two-Lane Blacktop had no plot, just a GTO and a 1955 Chevy along with James Taylor, Dennis Wilson and Warren Oates driving around for no reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7IEPTAoTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLmk0x94wNU

IR5

Timeline

Dont have time to look it up but Deathtrap (Q. Tarantino) had some good chases and cool muscle cars also.

Timeline

Dont have time to look it up but Deathtrap (Q. Tarantino) had some good chases and cool muscle cars also.

Death Proof? I loved that movie, saw it 11 times. It was an homage to all those car chase movies of the 60s and 70s. Kurt Russell was great as Stuntman Mike aka Mr. Icy Hot. good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Mr. Q is the only "Mr. T" for me.

You have to see QT Presents' 'Hell Ride" directed by & starring Larry Bishop, son of Joey

(the only motorcycle movie you'll ever need)

I haven't seen "Deathtrap" but "Death Proof" with Zoe Bell is absolutely incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEVyC8FByng

I'm not sure if you meant "Death Proof" if you were talking about a Tarentino film.

Deathtrap

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,