6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My application to removed Residence condition is outside processing time. Now, I received a letter from USCIS to re-take my biometric again. I took my biometric last Jan. 14, 2011 and my another biometric schedule is on July 8, 2011. Does anyone know why?

Does anyone here has the same situation like mine? I'm confused why it taking so long to process my application. I don't received any RFE if they think I need one.

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb . 01, 2007- met online

Sept. 12, 2007-first met in person( He came to the PHil for the 1st time, stayed for 2 weeks)

Sept. 20, 2007- "ENGAGEMENT DAY"

Sept. 25,2007- fly back to Georgia, USA

October 17, 2007- Send Papers to USCIS

November 7- USCIS received our papers.

November 14-2007- received the NOA1

Feb. 9, 2008-USCIS aprroved the petition.

Feb. 15, 2008- NOA 2 received and manila case number.

March 28, 2008- MY MEDICAL EXAM( it took 2 days to have your med exam)

April 4, 2008- THE MOMENT DAY- MY INTERVIEW ( mixed emotions i had during this day)

April 14, 2008- still waiting my visa until this time. ( I keep my faith and prayers always to God)

April 29, 2008- My fiancee called the US embassy to follow up my visa, and Lorraine told himvisa is approved!!

April 29, 2008- Delbros texted me that my visa is ready for delivery.

May 2, 2008- visa on hand ( Thanks God)

May 6, 2008- Fly to Manila for my CFO seminar.

May 7, 2008- I arrived in LAX airport & finally met my mahal again after 8 months away from each other.

May 8, 2008- Finally I arrived in Georgia ( my home, my new place, my new life, my new country)

July28, 2008 - MY BIG DAY!!

"Believe that the best will happen everyday,be aware that even trials are gifts to make us strong enough to face life!!!!

Mike & Chris

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My application to removed Residence condition is outside processing time. Now, I received a letter from USCIS to re-take my biometric again. I took my biometric last Jan. 14, 2011 and my another biometric schedule is on July 8, 2011. Does anyone know why?

Does anyone here has the same situation like mine? I'm confused why it taking so long to process my application. I don't received any RFE if they think I need one.

It happened to someone who applied in April but their appointment was rescheduled about a month after the original one. I believe the reason they were given was that the FBI was unable to process the fingerprints. They didn't explain to you in the letter why you need to redo biometrics?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

..... the first time they took my fingerprints, the USCIS staff said that they can submit my fingerprints but they are not sure if FBI would accept (my fingers were dry)...... i asked them for their advise, and they asked me to buy a specific lotion (they had photocopies of the brand) and be back to have my fingerprinting again after few days....... i did apply the lotion religiously, and after 4 days, had a successful biometrics...... obviously FBI accepted since i got my EAD/AP card now.....

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It happened to someone who applied in April but their appointment was rescheduled about a month after the original one. I believe the reason they were given was that the FBI was unable to process the fingerprints. They didn't explain to you in the letter why you need to redo biometrics?

In the letter it only stated that my finger print card on file is expired. That's it. I called USCIS today and asked the reason . I talked to 3 different customer rep and they have the same answer like a scripted answer. They cant give you a definite answer. It was all scripted.

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb . 01, 2007- met online

Sept. 12, 2007-first met in person( He came to the PHil for the 1st time, stayed for 2 weeks)

Sept. 20, 2007- "ENGAGEMENT DAY"

Sept. 25,2007- fly back to Georgia, USA

October 17, 2007- Send Papers to USCIS

November 7- USCIS received our papers.

November 14-2007- received the NOA1

Feb. 9, 2008-USCIS aprroved the petition.

Feb. 15, 2008- NOA 2 received and manila case number.

March 28, 2008- MY MEDICAL EXAM( it took 2 days to have your med exam)

April 4, 2008- THE MOMENT DAY- MY INTERVIEW ( mixed emotions i had during this day)

April 14, 2008- still waiting my visa until this time. ( I keep my faith and prayers always to God)

April 29, 2008- My fiancee called the US embassy to follow up my visa, and Lorraine told himvisa is approved!!

April 29, 2008- Delbros texted me that my visa is ready for delivery.

May 2, 2008- visa on hand ( Thanks God)

May 6, 2008- Fly to Manila for my CFO seminar.

May 7, 2008- I arrived in LAX airport & finally met my mahal again after 8 months away from each other.

May 8, 2008- Finally I arrived in Georgia ( my home, my new place, my new life, my new country)

July28, 2008 - MY BIG DAY!!

"Believe that the best will happen everyday,be aware that even trials are gifts to make us strong enough to face life!!!!

Mike & Chris

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In the letter it only stated that my finger print card on file is expired. That's it. I called USCIS today and asked the reason . I talked to 3 different customer rep and they have the same answer like a scripted answer. They cant give you a definite answer. It was all scripted.

If you want to get through to someone who doesn't read from a script you need to request to talk to an immigration officer, they refer sometimes to it as 'tier 2'. It seems odd that your prints have expired already, maybe they can explain it better?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.