Kammo

Can't submit i-864 until IV bill has been paid.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In all of the research I have done on this website, I have been under the impression that the AOS and IV paperwork and fees are NOT linked (are two separate processes). We discovered last night that this is not true at all. Both bills must be paid at the same time according to the letter we received from NVC before they will proceed with either.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: XXX my name XXX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______FEE PAYMENT:_________________________________________________

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (I-864). However, we are still waiting for the

Immigrant Visa fee(s). Please submit the fee(s) according to the instructions on the IV fee bill sent to

you from NVC. DO NOT SEND FEE PAYMENTS TO THE NVC NEW HAMPSHIRE FACILITY.

THIS WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE VISA. If you have not received an IV fee bill, please

contact NVC. Do not pay the fees unless you have the accompanying IV fee bill as this will result in a

delay in processing your case.

No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National

Visa Center.

[M5P 06/18/2011] MTLXXXXXXXXXX

We gather from this that because we paid our AOS bill before the IV bill was available our case will now be delayed.

We paid the AOS fee the day it appeared. The IV bill appeared a week and a half later. Seems that the proper thing to do is wait, pay both at the same time and submit both packets at the same time.

Just thought we should share this information. Thanks.

- Kammo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

To the best of my knowledge it is not true if paid electronically. We paid them separately about a week apart and there have been no problems.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

To the best of my knowledge it is not true if paid electronically. We paid them separately about a week apart and there have been no problems.

We paid them at different times too. We were alerted when our AOS fee was due, and the IV fee was not even generated for at least another week.

We were told to pay AOS then send I-864 docs and wait for IV bill to be generated. We have had no holdups either, apart form the fact the payment portal was not actually accepting IV payments for 3 days, but they fixed the problem and we could pay :)

Edited by britishspouse

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

In all of the research I have done on this website, I have been under the impression that the AOS and IV paperwork and fees are NOT linked (are two separate processes). We discovered last night that this is not true at all. Both bills must be paid at the same time according to the letter we received from NVC before they will proceed with either.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: XXX my name XXX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______FEE PAYMENT:_________________________________________________

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (I-864). However, we are still waiting for the

Immigrant Visa fee(s). Please submit the fee(s) according to the instructions on the IV fee bill sent to

you from NVC. DO NOT SEND FEE PAYMENTS TO THE NVC NEW HAMPSHIRE FACILITY.

THIS WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE VISA. If you have not received an IV fee bill, please

contact NVC. Do not pay the fees unless you have the accompanying IV fee bill as this will result in a

delay in processing your case.

No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National

Visa Center.

[M5P 06/18/2011] MTLXXXXXXXXXX

We gather from this that because we paid our AOS bill before the IV bill was available our case will now be delayed.

We paid the AOS fee the day it appeared. The IV bill appeared a week and a half later. Seems that the proper thing to do is wait, pay both at the same time and submit both packets at the same time.

Just thought we should share this information. Thanks.

- Kammo

Um, where does it say in that letter that you can't send the AOS package without paying the IV bill first?

Timeline

Um, where does it say in that letter that you can't send the AOS package without paying the IV bill first?

It doesn't say you cannot send it. What is does say is that they will not process anything unless BOTH bills are paid. "The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (I-864). However, we are still waiting for the

Immigrant Visa fee..." Without bills first showing as "paid" you cant proceed anyways... So I guess in a round about sort of way they are saying that you can't send the AOS package without paying the IV bill first.

My husband and I were under the impression that the i-864 and the IV packets were two separate things. We paid our i-864 fee 2 weeks ago and sent the AOS packet before the IV bill was available thinking that it was okay, that both packages would be investigated separately. It appears that this is not the case as we got this letter yesterday.

I am not trying to cause any trouble and I guess at the end of the day this isn't a huge deal... I just wanted to mention what has happened to us so others don't get delays in their cases as we will for not doing it correctly.

I am not a lawyer, but if I could do this over, I would pay BOTH bills at the same time and then send the packages at the same time. This is really all I wanted to say.

Thanks for reading. :)

Timeline

It doesn't say you cannot send it. What is does say is that they will not process anything unless BOTH bills are paid. "The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (I-864). However, we are still waiting for the

Immigrant Visa fee..." Without bills first showing as "paid" you cant proceed anyways... So I guess in a round about sort of way they are saying that you can't send the AOS package without paying the IV bill first.

My husband and I were under the impression that the i-864 and the IV packets were two separate things. We paid our i-864 fee 2 weeks ago and sent the AOS packet before the IV bill was available thinking that it was okay, that both packages would be investigated separately. It appears that this is not the case as we got this letter yesterday.

I am not trying to cause any trouble and I guess at the end of the day this isn't a huge deal... I just wanted to mention what has happened to us so others don't get delays in their cases as we will for not doing it correctly.

I am not a lawyer, but if I could do this over, I would pay BOTH bills at the same time and then send the packages at the same time. This is really all I wanted to say.

Hmm interesting. Maybe they changed it. Because our I-864 Package was reviewed and accepted before we even paid the IV bill, or according to the NVC call people it was.

Granted#, When we sent ours in, in May, we never got this email, so perhaps it is a very new change? It shocked me how quickly they said the I-864 Packet was accepted, because it took them longer doing our DS-230 one, It was actually sat in a pile for about 5 days i think lol.

Edited by britishspouse

Timeline

Hmm interesting. Maybe they changed it. Because our I-864 Package was reviewed and accepted before we even paid the IV bill, or according to the NVC call people it was.

Maybe some people get RFE's while some don't for doing the exact same thing... Luck of the draw I guess :)

Timeline

Maybe some people get RFE's while some don't for doing the exact same thing... Luck of the draw I guess :)

Yeah possibly. Who knows :P

I was sure we'd get an RFE for our I-864 stuff i was worried about the tax return, so I was overjoyed when it was accepted so quickly heh :)

I think you're mis-reading what they sent you. NVC is just saying that they've received your AOS package and that they're reminding you that you haven't paid your IV bill. It doesn't say at all that they won't review your AOS until you pay the IV bill. Please re-read the letter again and you'll see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.