Amar & Bindu

Help me please.....

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am going to file the petition for k1 visa. I have all the documents but i am scared to send the petition by my self. Do I need to hire attorney for file the petition. What should I do I am really worried. Please help me in this.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going to file the petition for k1 visa. I have all the documents but i am scared to send the petition by my self. Do I need to hire attorney for file the petition. What should I do I am really worried. Please help me in this.

When I proposed to Mav (Via Internet :rofl: January 30th 2010) I never heard of a 129-F, never heard of a K-1 Visa. I studied the Internet for a year before I even became a Member her on VJ.

There are only generally only 2 reasons not to File the 129-F alone without the guildance of an Attourney.

1# . Red Flags such as Criminal History. 2# . It seems to Overwhelming and you need help.

An Attourney will charge about $ 1,200.00 to $1,500.00 to complete the 129-F alone. (And there are no guarantees)

So look at Options 1# and 2#. and read as much as you can on this site. Ask for Members help, thats why were all here.

Members can send you Links for your Petition and you can find them on VJ's Page for your 129-F.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

explore this site and you'll get informations directly from members based on their own experiences, you'll be fine.

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

no one here can tell you NOT to hire an attorney...we are not attorneys, we also do not know if you have anything that could prove to need an attorney in your back ground or your s/o....

with that being said most here seem to be able to get thru the process with the help of the guide lines vj has and by asking questions if there is something they do not understand......there is a lot of people here with experiences that can help you if you get stuck

I had an attorney didnt do me a lot of good! :)

you can always ask for help from the people that have been thru the process if there is something you do not understand.

good luck to you and welcome to vj

may your journey be swift and problem free

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.