Griselita

I need help fillin the DS-3032

43 posts in this topic

Hi!

well, the more i read the more i get confused

The SD3032 has four options, I am interested in the two first, one is with the agent, and the other is myself.

i have read the meaning of "agent", but the confusion is, anybody that is not me (the applicant/beneficiary) will be the agent?

i understand as an agent, somebody (usually a lawyer) that do all the job of reading, filling organizing collecting all the info and bla bla bla....) i have nobody, only me and the petitioner (my father).

i dont know how to explain this.... but i live OUTSIDE United States an i want to receive all the mails and communication, but they recommend to use somebody with a U.S Address... they call that "somebody" as an agent too, so if i choose a friend to receive all the communications from this process (immediately my friend receive any mail he will sent it to me by a private mail), which option should i use? the 1 or 2?

if i go for the 2 (which i want) i will be writing my friend's address in U.S. but MY E-MAIL address. is that OK?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All correspondence from NVC is through e-mail. I am my husband's agent, but he receives the same information in his inbox as I receive in mine. So if you choose your friend as your agent, you will get the information as well. You can send your DS 3032 through e-mail.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

All correspondence from NVC is through e-mail. I am my husband's agent, but he receives the same information in his inbox as I receive in mine. So if you choose your friend as your agent, you will get the information as well. You can send your DS 3032 through e-mail.

Thanks for your answer!

i got 3 more questions :P

ok im kind of clear,

1-im planning to designate my father (the petitioner) as my agent, BUT with my e-mail address, would that be ok?

2-Can i mail the filled and signed DS-3032 directly from Santo Domingo to it's designated address in U.S. (NVC, Attention ACL, 31 Rochester Ave....) by certificated mail?

or do i have to send it by Fedex from RD to my father then he sends it by USPS to the NVC?

3-You suggest me sending it by e-mail, but what about the signature? and the bar code that already have my DS-3032?

Thanks for your answer!

i got 3 more questions :P

ok im kind of clear,

1-im planning to designate my father (the petitioner) as my agent, BUT with my e-mail address, would that be ok?

Send your DS-3032 from your e-mail address, using the template. You can provide both yours and your father's contact information, and you'll both receive the same information. My husband gets the same information in his inbox as I get in mine.

2-Can i mail the filled and signed DS-3032 directly from Santo Domingo to it's designated address in U.S. (NVC, Attention ACL, 31 Rochester Ave....) by certificated mail? or do i have to send it by Fedex from RD to my father then he sends it by USPS to the NVC?

I'm sure you can mail it directly to them yourself. However, I'd save the money and time and just send your DS-3032 from your e-mail address, using the template.

3-You suggest me sending it by e-mail, but what about the signature? and the bar code that already have my DS-3032?

Don't worry about the signature or the bar code. Although I had the DS-3032 with my husband's signature, I opted to send it from his e-mail address using the template to save time. If you're concerned about the signature (you shouldn't be), then maybe you can scan the signed form and attach it to the email. I simply used the template and my husband got a response about 4 business days later saying his choice of agent was accepted. Later that day, both he and I received in both our inboxes the very same e-mail with the next steps.

~~~~USCIS~~~~

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
07-11-11 -- Final Review
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

You will not believe this...

you can imagine which is the most difficult part of this...

sending money OUT from Dominican Republic is almost impossible... the government has adopted measures through financial institution to reach the goal that makes difficult to take out 1 peso from this country..

here nobody knows a money order, and even if i can get one, the postal services has prohibited sending money orders... but the funnies part is that money order was created to be sent by mail due the difficulties of western companies to sell products to the east side of U.S. since sending money is unreliable and banks transfer were not too easy and feasible for cheap things like gift on the back side of cereal boxes.... so money order was created, and for that time there were no internet stores nor paypal :lol:

so im here stuck finding a way to pay the 88U.S. dollars for the AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you have a usa checking account

and if you are using the online payment portal

you can pay the fee online.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

if you have a usa checking account

and if you are using the online payment portal

you can pay the fee online.

i really would love to do that, but i do not have it,

ill find the way (but soon, because im hurry with this)

Timeline

if you have one, forgot the checkbook ? can still do it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I want to send the DS-3032 by email, but im waiting a confirmation from the NVC

But for awhile i want to be clear and ready in case i decide to send it by ordinary mail.

The documents i have says that must be to:

National Visa Center

Attn: ACL

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801

But in the the web (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html)says that it must be sent to:

National Visa Center

Attn: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

so, which one?

I want to send the DS-3032 by email, but im waiting a confirmation from the NVC

But for awhile i want to be clear and ready in case i decide to send it by ordinary mail.

The documents i have says that must be to:

National Visa Center

Attn: ACL

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801

But in the the web (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html)says that it must be sent to:

National Visa Center

Attn: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

so, which one?

You're making this much harder than it is. Do it by email. What confirmation are you waiting for from NVC? You must send it from your significant other's address (the beneficiary). Other than that, it's not hard at all and will save you time over sending it through the mail. Not being able to send money through the mail is ####### too, use DHL and DON'T tell them what is in the envelope, it's none of their business.

-Tim
--
Visit the Dominican immigration forums at:

http://www.dominicanstotheusa.com

Some interesting articles on my blog:

http://americanwomenreallysuck.com

You're making this much harder than it is. Do it by email. What confirmation are you waiting for from NVC? You must send it from your significant other's address (the beneficiary). Other than that, it's not hard at all and will save you time over sending it through the mail. Not being able to send money through the mail is ####### too, use DHL and DON'T tell them what is in the envelope, it's none of their business.

i know, im just afraid if something goes wrong.. the confirmation i was waiting... i asked to NVCinquiry.... if i could send it by e-mail... i just wanted a response form them.... despite all the people i have read that already did it by email successfully.

well.. the only thing i have no clear to send it by e-mail is, i have read that prior sending the ds-3032 i must send an e-mail notifiing that this is my email... (i dont know i just read that on internet, maybe here at visajourney...)

is that true?

or i just need to open my email and create a new email, following this:

and that's it?

You must send it from your significant other's address (the beneficiary).

im the beneficiary.

thank you for your time AND PATIENCE helping me with this, I KNOW im making this bigger that what it is, but just a little afraid.

thanks

i know, im just afraid if something goes wrong.. the confirmation i was waiting... i asked to NVCinquiry.... if i could send it by e-mail... i just wanted a response form them.... despite all the people i have read that already did it by email successfully.

well.. the only thing i have no clear to send it by e-mail is, i have read that prior sending the ds-3032 i must send an e-mail notifiing that this is my email... (i dont know i just read that on internet, maybe here at visajourney...)

is that true? NOT TRUE

or i just need to open my email and create a new email, following this:

and that's it?

Just open YOUR e-mail, creat the e-mail using the template and send it.

~~~~USCIS~~~~

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
07-11-11 -- Final Review
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed

Timeline

usually, petitioner pays fees, a USCitizen or LPR in the USA.

Since your Dad in the USA is yer agent of choice, suggest that HE pay the fees online at the online payment portal - surely he has USA bank account ?

*** moving to NVC forum ***

Edited by Darnell

usually, petitioner pays fees, a USCitizen or LPR in the USA.

Since your Dad in the USA is yer agent of choice, suggest that HE pay the fees online at the online payment portal - surely he has USA bank account ?

*** moving to NVC forum ***

i know.... to answer you this...

Many people ask me why after 80yo is when he filled the i-130?

but we with God we will get into clear fields.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.