aniny86

please help me with 864

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I need help with filing I 864 AOS form. I know that there's is a lot of info here but it doesn't help me.

I am filing for my husband. I am filing out a 864 for my self 864 for my dad( joint sponsor). He filed taxes jointly with my mom. I have his w2 form ( i will use line one).... ( but there is also 1099- taxable interest of 98 dollars, a 279 state income taxes and then there is a schedule E form ( supplemental income form- which basically shows a loss of 5,591). There is a difference with line 7 and line 22 of 1040 and i don't know how to calculate dads individual total income

what do i submit to nvc? all these ...w2, 1099 and schedule E ?? Do i need to show schedule E

what is my dads individual total income (q 25 on i864)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A sponsor (you and any joint sponsor) submits their complete tax return and all supporting documents (W2, 1099, all schedules, etc) or a tax transcript.

Does your mom earn an income along with your dad, or is the info on their tax return all him?

From what you are saying line 22 of the form 1040 will be his(their) income. This takes into account any income/loss shown on schedule E.

If both mom and dad are needed as joint sponsors in order to meet the income requirement then dad would complete a form I-864 and mom would complete a form I-864A.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A sponsor (you and any joint sponsor) submits their complete tax return and all supporting documents (W2, 1099, all schedules, etc) or a tax transcript.

Does your mom earn an income along with your dad, or is the info on their tax return all him?

From what you are saying line 22 of the form 1040 will be his(their) income. This takes into account any income/loss shown on schedule E.

If both mom and dad are needed as joint sponsors in order to meet the income requirement then dad would complete a form I-864 and mom would complete a form I-864A.

Tax transcripts don't work in this instance because they don't show which income is for which individual. Who had the loss? Was it Dad, Mom or from a joint account? Is Mom's personal income clearly shown?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1. ok then i will submit w2, 1099 and schedule E

2. Yes mom does earn income

1099 taxable interest has both their names on it schedule E has both their names on it

3. 1040 line 22 is their(BOTH) income and it does take into account w2, schedule E, 1099, and a state income tax of 279 dollars

4. Yes mom and dad are both needed-- so i will do i864 for myself and dad and a i864a for my mom

5. but my question remains what do i put as my dads i864 individual total income for question 25 on i864. How do i calculate moms and dads individual total income ...to match line 22

Timeline

1. ok then i will submit w2, 1099 and schedule E

2. Yes mom does earn income

1099 taxable interest has both their names on it schedule E has both their names on it

3. 1040 line 22 is their(BOTH) income and it does take into account w2, schedule E, 1099, and a state income tax of 279 dollars

4. Yes mom and dad are both needed-- so i will do i864 for myself and dad and a i864a for my mom

5. but my question remains what do i put as my dads i864 individual total income for question 25 on i864. How do i calculate moms and dads individual total income ...to match line 22

Split the income and/or loss that is joint and add to or subtract from each equally.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

So pushbrk,

so split 1099 taxable interest equally

split state income tax (line 10 on 1040)equally

ans split schedule E equally

then add or subtract... correct?

one more question... with current annual income(question 23) should i multiply what they make a week now by 52(weeks) and use that number?

Timeline

So pushbrk,

so split 1099 taxable interest equally

split state income tax (line 10 on 1040)equally

ans split schedule E equally

then add or subtract... correct?

one more question... with current annual income(question 23) should i multiply what they make a week now by 52(weeks) and use that number?

Yes on all. For current income, just state income from their jobs and ignore all the other issues that show on the tax return.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

THANKYOUUUU!!! so much

so current income ( take a current paycheck and multiply by 52 weeks) correct?

If paid weekly, yes.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

ALso on i864 q22 for dads employment ... do i check regularly employed as a worker in s0s0 company and self employed( cause of schedule E)...

Is he self employed? Schedule C is usually the one for self employed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

There is no schedule C, but the schedule E form shows that we are renting out one of our apartments so does that make him self employed too...? The form actually shows loss over income but is he self employed or no

Yes, indicate he is self employed as a landlord. Same for Mom, if asked.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

If asked?.. So should I leave the box for self employed for both parents unchecked now... or just check it and write landlord

Also my dad paycheck is different week by week... overtime,changes in number of hours he works, vacation pay,, and he got a raise in march.. His recent letter from employer states that by june 12th hes made over 35000 and that last year he made over 80000. so how should I calculate current income?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.