long&kieu

any Input on my situation...

63 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you are in a great position just because you go to vietnam so often. here is what your alibi is going to be when interview and doing paters etc from now on: met kieu 2008. started talking. dam noi 2011, not wedding. visit vietnam next year and then wedding (technically your second wedding keke) while you are there go suu thu phap and apply for vietnam marriage cert. bring coffee money. start working on your i-130 now by the way. email her once a week. send her snail mail once a month. send her 100 bucks each month. save everything. then next year do another wedding, take pictures blah blah blah etch. save everything. ask for receipts. if you dont have proof of your visits to vietnam ask someone to visit hotels, resturants and ask for blank receipts. bring coffee money just in case. forge yourself some stuff up. trust me, i know what im doing.

He already filed his petition.

Why risk getting a lifetime ban falsifying evidence? :bonk:

Edited by Kevin and Tuyen

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

Long,

Like you, I married my wife 2 months after I met her for the frist time.

I was introduced to her by her aunt and I over come that red flags.

She and I are 13 years apart...she being 23 when we got married. She has just finished college too.

What you will need is good evidence. The marriage certificate is a big first step, IMOP. I went through hell with the Vietnam government to get it.

If you can and should, take at least one more trip over there before the interview. I took 4 trips total. The last one was to pick her up.

The wedding pictures are very important in my case, after they saw the pictures, with 5 of my family members from America attending, they gave her the pink slip.

At least that was what my wife told me.

Lastly, just tell them how you arrived at where you are in a letter. Send that to NVC when you application gets there (kinda like front load late in the game).

NVC will include it when they send you paperwork to Vietnam.

Nothing beats the truth...IMOP, the CO can smell a lie, they just can't always figure out when someone is telling the truth.

Long,

Like you, I married my wife 2 months after I met her for the frist time.

I was introduced to her by her aunt and I over come that red flags.

She and I are 13 years apart...she being 23 when we got married. She has just finished college too.

What you will need is good evidence. The marriage certificate is a big first step, IMOP. I went through hell with the Vietnam government to get it.

If you can and should, take at least one more trip over there before the interview. I took 4 trips total. The last one was to pick her up.

The wedding pictures are very important in my case, after they saw the pictures, with 5 of my family members from America attending, they gave her the pink slip.

At least that was what my wife told me.

Lastly, just tell them how you arrived at where you are in a letter. Send that to NVC when you application gets there (kinda like front load late in the game).

NVC will include it when they send you paperwork to Vietnam.

Nothing beats the truth...IMOP, the CO can smell a lie, they just can't always figure out when someone is telling the truth.

so would the letter be different from the timeline?? or just a summary of that the timeline is suppose to provide?? thanks for the help!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Timeline

I didn't submit any timeline with my application nor did I realize about a timeline.

They need not ask my wife for a timeline...we didn't have one.

If you submitted your timeline line along with the application AND if the timeline CLEARLY document how you two met, I say that is good enough.

If you haven't submit anything, I would include a letter at the NVC stage. You're trying described how you two met so the CO can make a determination for pink.

I didn't submit any timeline with my application nor did I realize about a timeline.

They need not ask my wife for a timeline...we didn't have one.

If you submitted your timeline line along with the application AND if the timeline CLEARLY document how you two met, I say that is good enough.

If you haven't submit anything, I would include a letter at the NVC stage. You're trying described how you two met so the CO can make a determination for pink.

gotcha, that's what I'll do then, thanks!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Hey you guys,

I need some advice, and here's my background story. Let me know if you need more detail. It's not your typical marriage, for Americans at least.

I go to Vietnam every several years and one year [2008] I met a neighbor of the family but never thought anything of it.

My uncle always told me when I was ready to marry, he would find me a wife. And since I wanted to go with tradition, I told him to find me one like he did for his son and my grandpa did for him.

Fast foward two years, he found me someone, the neighbor I met before, Kieu. So in the summer of 2010, we started exchanging emails. I jokingly told her that I couldn't speak Vietnamese, so I couldn't make phone calls. [i can speak but not write.] So each email, she would write in Viet and I responded in English and we would roughly translate each other's messages through Google translate.

Since talking to her, I hadn't had time, nor the money to visit her. I've been busy with work and school, that I finally found an opening in the summer of 2011. So I decided to visit and marry her at the same time. It was a traditional marriage where my mom would take care of the jewelery and her family took care of the ceremony and reception since I had no official home there.

Now that I've returned, I started learning more about the forms and paperwork to bring her here. [something I should have done ahead of time.]

My concern is more or less the evidence to show that this is a truthful marriage. I have pictures of the wedding and hanging out, but only of this recent trip, nothing before. I also have emails from when we were getting to know each other, but never chatted or made phone calls. We are on Skype now, but after I left her a laptop to use, so I don't believe that counts as evidence since its after the wedding. I haven't added her to my insurance because it wouldn't help her, and I don't really know when she will come over to start having that deducted from my paycheck. I have no reciepts since most gifts I bought were at Vietnam and most jewelery and such for the wedding was provided by my mom.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm not sure what else to provide to prove this wedding is real. Sometimes I feel that if people are super prepared, its like they are preparing to get away with their fake marriages or what not. Kevin on the forums have suggested Affadavits which I will consider, but when will that be needed?? Before the paperwork goes to the NVC or is it too late??

Thanks for any suggestions and sorry about the long read.

Thanks, Long.

Long

Don't be intimidated by the process. HCMC Consulate is well-known for being notorious when it comes to visa issuance. Keep your chin up. You're in a genuine relationship then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Your true love and the truth should prevail. DON'T try to forge something that you don't have, as the COs are trained to detect fraud. Don't risk it.

Sorry I was little too late in giving you some input here but I've seen many posts that are very helpful, especially from Kenvin's. Just try to put yourself in the COs shoes. It's easy said than done. Here are some tips that worked for me. You might have already seen these from some previous posts.

1. If you're financially sound, then you can afford a few more trips to VN to be with her. Save all receipts and pictures of the places you two have been to like hotels, restaurants, trips, events, etc.

2. Chat and web logs are also important but I strongly believe a few heartfelt emails from you both are even worth much more than stacks and stacks of nonsense chats.

3. In your timeline, explain in details your relationship. Describe clearly how you two met, why and how you decided to marry her, the reactions of your families when they learned of the news, etc. Don't be afraid to write a long timeline, as long as you have to explain, but try to avoid unnecessary lengthy details.

4. Proof to show that you continue to have an ongoing relationship, not just before and after marriage. Some examples, if possible, such as trying to put your wife's name on your life insurance policy, auto insurance policy, IRA accounts, bank accounts, etc. I did.

5. Also, if you two are interracial, showing that you really went further than you could for your love such as your trying to learn Vietnamese. Those who aren't naturally Vietnamese speaking people know how hard that is to learn Vietnamese.

Those above worked well for me. I had many red flags such as proposing six months after meeting each other only once, my ex was also from Vietnam, no kids from previous marriage, we were married on my second trip to VN (but I visited my wife five times in total). The last time was to travel with her. Wishing you the best.

Edited by tanstaafl

Mar 2009: Met online

May 2009: First trip to VN to see her

Aug 2009: Proposed

Sep 2009: Proposal accepted

Oct 2009: Affidavit of Single obtained

Dec 2009: Second trip to VN for marriage

Jan 2010: Married

Feb 2010: Filed CR1

Mar 2010: Third trip to VN

Apr 2010: Approval notice from USCIS

Jul 2010: IV & AOS fees paid

Feb 2011: Fourth trip to VN... our first anniversary

Apr 2011: Interview... asking for timeline, 10 year residency, ex's address, etc.

May 2011: Submission of requested documents. Pink!

Jun 2011: Fifth trip to VN to travel with her to the States.

mHPbp7.png

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'd hire Marc Ellis and Mr Nam. They are best Immigration Lawyers in Vietnam. They are great handling Red Flags and will not leave any stone unturned. My wifes journeys was 10 months after filing. the preparation alone 3 weeks before interview alone was worth every penny. She was prepared for any question the Co threw at her. Answered in English and later in Vietnamese, neither her English or Vietnamese was good she needed all the prepping she could get.

best of luck. Rich.

Some good advise I also hired Mr. Ellis & Mr. Nam they have done a great job for

for us. they are very thrall in there preparation . I would hire them again. :thumbs:

Timeline

i hear alot about marc ellis on this forum. what does he do that is so special or separates him from the rest of the immigration lawyers? living here in orange county, ca we have plenty of these agencies around. i made an inquiry and they wanted to charge $900-$1000 (i said screw that).

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Long

Don't be intimidated by the process. HCMC Consulate is well-known for being notorious when it comes to visa issuance. Keep your chin up. You're in a genuine relationship then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Your true love and the truth should prevail. DON'T try to forge something that you don't have, as the COs are trained to detect fraud. Don't risk it.

Sorry I was little too late in giving you some input here but I've seen many posts that are very helpful, especially from Kenvin's. Just try to put yourself in the COs shoes. It's easy said than done. Here are some tips that worked for me. You might have already seen these from some previous posts.

1. If you're financially sound, then you can afford a few more trips to VN to be with her. Save all receipts and pictures of the places you two have been to like hotels, restaurants, trips, events, etc.

2. Chat and web logs are also important but I strongly believe a few heartfelt emails from you both are even worth much more than stacks and stacks of nonsense chats.

3. In your timeline, explain in details your relationship. Describe clearly how you two met, why and how you decided to marry her, the reactions of your families when they learned of the news, etc. Don't be afraid to write a long timeline, as long as you have to explain, but try to avoid unnecessary lengthy details.

4. Proof to show that you continue to have an ongoing relationship, not just before and after marriage. Some examples, if possible, such as trying to put your wife's name on your life insurance policy, auto insurance policy, IRA accounts, bank accounts, etc. I did.

5. Also, if you two are interracial, showing that you really went further than you could for your love such as your trying to learn Vietnamese. Those who aren't naturally Vietnamese speaking people know how hard that is to learn Vietnamese.

Those above worked well for me. I had many red flags such as proposing six months after meeting each other only once, my ex was also from Vietnam, no kids from previous marriage, we were married on my second trip to VN (but I visited my wife five times in total). The last time was to travel with her. Wishing you the best.

not as an excuse, but just a setback to go visit her again is that even though I can afford moneywise to go again, I have to start saving up vacation days...I spent nearly all of it for this last trip and it maybe a while before I get a worthwile amount again...

as for the insurance policy, correct me if I'm wrong but for such thigns dont you need a social security number and such before you can add her, or can you get away with a name and birthdat or something, its been a while since I did that type of paperwork,

thanks for the help!! it is defintely keeping me in good spirit, espically after other comments that worried me and brought me down, thanks again!!

Timeline

not as an excuse, but just a setback to go visit her again is that even though I can afford moneywise to go again, I have to start saving up vacation days...I spent nearly all of it for this last trip and it maybe a while before I get a worthwile amount again...

as for the insurance policy, correct me if I'm wrong but for such thigns dont you need a social security number and such before you can add her, or can you get away with a name and birthdat or something, its been a while since I did that type of paperwork,

thanks for the help!! it is defintely keeping me in good spirit, espically after other comments that worried me and brought me down, thanks again!!

Call and ask them. If she is not covered while in VN its a waste of money. However, you can put he as a beneficiary in case something happens to you. All the money would go to her.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

i hear alot about marc ellis on this forum. what does he do that is so special or separates him from the rest of the immigration lawyers? living here in orange county, ca we have plenty of these agencies around. i made an inquiry and they wanted to charge $900-$1000 (i said screw that).

Marc lives in Saigon. He knows that particular consulate better than any other US immigration attorney.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

thanks for the help!! it is definitely keeping me in good spirit, espically after other comments that worried me and brought me down, thanks again!!

Every case is uniquely different and it also depends on the CO. You can choose to visit her or not, it's up to you. Like I said, those worked well for me. About the insurance, adding her name to your LIFE insurance or AUTO insurance would be helpful. These won't require SSN. I added my wife's name to my life insurance and IRA accounts as the sole beneficiary. I also got a little discount for my auto insurance when I added her name to my policy. She already had her driver's license in VN.

Mar 2009: Met online

May 2009: First trip to VN to see her

Aug 2009: Proposed

Sep 2009: Proposal accepted

Oct 2009: Affidavit of Single obtained

Dec 2009: Second trip to VN for marriage

Jan 2010: Married

Feb 2010: Filed CR1

Mar 2010: Third trip to VN

Apr 2010: Approval notice from USCIS

Jul 2010: IV & AOS fees paid

Feb 2011: Fourth trip to VN... our first anniversary

Apr 2011: Interview... asking for timeline, 10 year residency, ex's address, etc.

May 2011: Submission of requested documents. Pink!

Jun 2011: Fifth trip to VN to travel with her to the States.

mHPbp7.png

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.