19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh booh :(

You were a 2009 July Filer like me...

You did not file for AP?

According to your timeline your green card should get approved very soon now.

I totally can understand the urge of going back home but couldn't you just stay somewhere until you get your green card? Even if you abandon it later...

It is probably just a matter of weeks now... if not days...

Who knows what tomorrow might bring...

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello!

I tried for a K1 visa that was approved, but before the interview I gave up on the process,relationship and all. After that, I tried by b2 visa and it was approved. I went to the interview knowing that I was going to be denied due to that, but in the end the guy thought that "if she had the opportunity and didn't go, she is not really interested in living there!" and gave me a 10 year visa.

So, I have to say I believe u can get ur B2. Good luck and have faith...

I don't know why ur relartionship didn't work, and we don't even know each other but I feel I have to say this:

Make sure u know what u r doing, maybe it's just a phase. Relationships are not easy...

I say that because after all the things I did, here I am, trying for my K1, with the same guy, for the SECOND time.

It was just approved and I feel luck and blessed.

So, think twice before leaving!

God bless u!

Rebeca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good luck and have faith...

I don't know why ur relartionship didn't work, and we don't even know each other but I feel I have to say this:

Make sure u know what u r doing, maybe it's just a phase. Relationships are not easy...

I say that because after all the things I did, here I am, trying for my K1, with the same guy, for the SECOND time.

It was just approved and I feel luck and blessed.

So, think twice before leaving!

God bless u!

Rebeca

A lot of people here seem to marry quickly, perhaps because of the circumstances of their meeting (online, live far apart etc)

Perhaps you need to take a step back and start from scratch? Perhaps you need to get to know each other without having to deal with marriage and immigration! (It seems a lot of people have to do that on VJ...I think that must be very difficult!) I do hope everything works out for you, whatever that may be. I think if it were me, I'd take some space and wouldn't leave until you get your GC, because avoiding the ban leaves the door open in case either of you changes your minds.

Best wishes,

Helen

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the advice. I know the Green Card is close, I was thinking of waiting for it before going.....and then...RFE. For the third time!

First RFE was for a missing tax form, then out of date medical (and also asked for another tax form which they already had!) and i don't know what this third one is for yet. It should be in my mailbox on Monday. Hopefully something basic that i can send quickly, but i have a bad feeling they want my wifes recent pay stubs or something. Even though they have 6 months worth when i filed the petition. A couple of months ago she left her job and now has a job that wouldn't match the 125% poverty line numbers they want.... so with our luck that's exactly what they'll ask for i'm fearing. :wacko:

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.