murasame

Request electronic packet 4?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It got to my attention that DOM REP mailing system is f***ed up. Is there a way to ask for packet 4 to be sent through E-mail? have anyone heard of this?

Did you look on the consulate website? Looks to me that all is there

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

If you never get the packet you can call and they schedule a date for you to pick up a duplicate a week before your interview.

K-1
Jul-27-10: Mailed I-129F
Aug-04-10: NOA1
Jan-04-11: Put Service Request in
Feb-01-11: NOA2 (email notification)
Mar-07-11: Interview at SDO Consulate-APPROVED!-
Mar-12-11: POE at JFK
Apr-01-11: Got Married!! heart.gif
Apr-30-11: Wedding party! biggrin.png

AOS
Apr-18-11: Mailed AOS, EAD and AP
Apr-25-11: Email notification of acceptance
May-02-11: NOA1 and Biometrics App letter for May 16 in the mail
May-06-11: Walk-in for Biometrics
May-12-11: I-485 transfered to CSC
Jun-15-11: EAD and AP card production ordered
Jun-21-11: AOS approved!!

ROC

Jun-08-13: Package Sent

Jun-10-13: NOA1

Jun-18-13: Biometrics Appointment Notice

Jul-12-13: Biometrics Appointment

Aug-22-13: Transfer Notice - Case transfered to CSC

Oct-03-13: Approval Notice!!

Oct-05-13: Card sent in the mail

If you never get the packet you can call and they schedule a date for you to pick up a duplicate a week before your interview.

thats the problem. SDO is almost 3 hours away for my fiancee so she has to

1. get the package a week before

2. do the medical

3. return for the result

4. go to the interview

going 4 times in a week to SDO will be a pain in the ####. besides there is also the police certificate, doesn't she needs packets 4 to get that report?

2. do the medical

3. return for the result

4. go to the interview

going 4 times in a week to SDO will be a pain in the ####. besides there is also the police certificate, doesn't she needs packets 4 to get that report?

to get the police certificate she doesn't need the report. but keep in mind its a 30 day valid paper. so get it in the right time. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

to get the police certificate she doesn't need the report. but keep in mind its a 30 day valid paper. so get it in the right time. :thumbs:

Not quite sure if this applies to DR, BUT, for Jamaica you are in fact allowed to email the consulate requesting packet 4. You may have to email them ma few times, but its possible. I'll google around and see if you can do it for DR and post back..

K-1

12.15.2009- we met <3 :) i love my muffin.

10.19.2010 NOA1

10.27.2010 "Touched"

5.2.2011 NOA 2

5.5.2011 Received NOA2 hardcopy

5.19.2011 Emailed/Sent Packet 3

6.14.2011 Received Packet 4

7.1.2011- Interview(Approved!!)

7.13.2011- "Visa Transferred"-- whatever that means...

7.25.2011- "Visa Issued"-- whatever that means...

7.28.2011- Visa arrives at DHL facility (8:30 pm)

7.29.2011- Visa received

7.31.2011- POE (BWI)-- NEVER ISSUED AN I-94 (WTH)

8.15.2011- I-94 Obtained from IAD's CBP Inspection Office

AOS & EAD

9.8.2011- Mailed USPS Priority Express

11.29.11- RFE for Income Tax Return-- SEND YOUR ENTIRE TAX RETURN DOCUMENT!!

11.30.11- mailed Tax Return UPS Priority Express

12.9.11 AOS "transferred to a USCIS office" - - supposedly our local one

12.14.11- "touched"

12.15.11- received EAD

2.8.12- put in a service request for GC

2.22.12- My husband was contacted by the local USCIS office here in Washington DC and told that it was infact transferred to the CSC. Not their office. She also suggested he keep checking on it because sometimes things just sit there and take up to 3 years to be processed--- SAYWHAT?! ... stay tuned

3.29.12- Approved, Green Card in production

4.4.12- Green Card received- NO INTERVIEW

THANK YOU ALL! I will look up their email and request it instead of calling them up to request it. Also i didn't know my finacee could get the police certificate without packet 4, and the 30 days valid period. So she basically has to go to a policia municipal from her town and ask for it?

I was worried about the same thing. But I figured it would just be two trips. The biggest issue is making sure there's enough time for picking up the medical results. They're not available for 5 business days.

Trip 1. Pick up the packet, stay the night, go do medical the next morning (he/she has to arrive for the medical between 7:00 am and 11:00 am I think, but check their website - there's a link from the embassy website)

Trip 2. Arrive day before the interview, pick up medical results in the afternoon (time frame is on the medical website) , spend the night, go to the embassy early am.

06/11/2008 Met

10/25/2010 NOA 1

04/14/2011 NOA 2

04/19/2011 NVC Received

05/09/2011 Left NVC

07/06/2011 Interview at Embassy, Approved

07/15/2011 Visa Issued

07/22/2011 POE Miami

10/22/2011 Married

12/05/2011 I 485, I-131 and EAD application recevied

12/27/2011 Transfered to CSP

01/29/2012 Received EAD/AP card

06/29/2012 Called and told DC field office is working on applications from 9/16/2011

It got to my attention that DOM REP mailing system is f***ed up. Is there a way to ask for packet 4 to be sent through E-mail? have anyone heard of this?

You are right, the mailing system does suck! I don't know of anyone who has had their Packet 4 emailed to them, but try anyway. If she does not receive it within 2 weeks of her interview date, she must call and request to pick it up (which would may be inconvenient).

Contact info below

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/contact.html

The instruction for Packet 4 are on the website, but you still to have a physical copy of it so you can take the Medical Appointment Letter (which is inside the packet) to the Medical Exam office. Without it, you will not be able to get your medical exam done.

Packet 4 instructions

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html

Medical Exam Instructions

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/examination-vaccines-e.html

You may not have to make 2 trips. My wife lived a couple of hours away as well (Puerto Plata). Once she received her letter, she caught the Metro Bus (inexpensive) to Santo Domingo and stayed with a friend of the family. The next morning she went for her appointment and returned home. If you can find someone to stay with or get a inexpensive room for the night go ahead and do so.

Also, the police Cert can be done in her home town. As long as she has her Cedula, there should be no problems.

This is how it looks:

http://photos.state.gov/galleries/dominicanrepublic/5/imagenes_iv/2.html

Edited by MrTee12

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

2. do the medical

3. return for the result

4. go to the interview

Yep. That's exactly what I did and what everyone that doesn't live in Santo Domingo does, it's not that complicated after all. Request the duplicate, she'll pick it up in the afternoon because they don't give duplicates in the morning and she will have to go to Consultorios de Visa next day in the morning (they take you in until a certain time) and she'll pick up the results when they her to do so.

For the police certificate she only has to pay and fee a pick it up. She doesn't need the packet or instructions to get that.

Edited by j and s fernandez

K-1
Jul-27-10: Mailed I-129F
Aug-04-10: NOA1
Jan-04-11: Put Service Request in
Feb-01-11: NOA2 (email notification)
Mar-07-11: Interview at SDO Consulate-APPROVED!-
Mar-12-11: POE at JFK
Apr-01-11: Got Married!! heart.gif
Apr-30-11: Wedding party! biggrin.png

AOS
Apr-18-11: Mailed AOS, EAD and AP
Apr-25-11: Email notification of acceptance
May-02-11: NOA1 and Biometrics App letter for May 16 in the mail
May-06-11: Walk-in for Biometrics
May-12-11: I-485 transfered to CSC
Jun-15-11: EAD and AP card production ordered
Jun-21-11: AOS approved!!

ROC

Jun-08-13: Package Sent

Jun-10-13: NOA1

Jun-18-13: Biometrics Appointment Notice

Jul-12-13: Biometrics Appointment

Aug-22-13: Transfer Notice - Case transfered to CSC

Oct-03-13: Approval Notice!!

Oct-05-13: Card sent in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.