photomile

Sending Evidence

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello Everyone.

I've begun collating all of the information we have for me and my fiancé to try and get the ball rolling. Thanks to some tools I've been able to download our entire skype call history, our entire skype chat history etc but I'm having a little trouble deciding how we should send this?

I need to edit out of a couple of things that I don't want in the chat history, nothing overly bad, but it's things I'd rather keep between me and her, certain conversations etc. But how do we submit this?

Originally I had thought about printing everything in triplicate, but our skype conversations amount to well over a thousand pages.... At this rate I'm going to be sending the immigration service a pallet of evidence if I do! Can we not just send it on a CD?

Also, is there a minimum length of a relationships that's preferable? I mean, we've known each other a while but I guess I'm worried someone at the IS will look at how long we've known each other and say 'No, this is fake'

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone.

I've begun collating all of the information we have for me and my fiancé to try and get the ball rolling. Thanks to some tools I've been able to download our entire skype call history, our entire skype chat history etc but I'm having a little trouble deciding how we should send this?

I need to edit out of a couple of things that I don't want in the chat history, nothing overly bad, but it's things I'd rather keep between me and her, certain conversations etc. But how do we submit this?

Originally I had thought about printing everything in triplicate, but our skype conversations amount to well over a thousand pages.... At this rate I'm going to be sending the immigration service a pallet of evidence if I do! Can we not just send it on a CD?

Also, is there a minimum length of a relationships that's preferable? I mean, we've known each other a while but I guess I'm worried someone at the IS will look at how long we've known each other and say 'No, this is fake'

Thanks!

There is no reason to send all those pages. Just choose a select few conversations that covers the time frame of your relationship.

The most important evidence for the I-129F petition is proof of meeting in person within the last 2 years, and chat logs do not prove this. Most important is passport stamps and boarding passes showing your travels to visit each other.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

There is no reason to send all those pages. Just choose a select few conversations that covers the time frame of your relationship.

The most important evidence for the I-129F petition is proof of meeting in person within the last 2 years, and chat logs do not prove this. Most important is passport stamps and boarding passes showing your travels to visit each other.

:thumbs:

Include a few that span the course of your relationship. Send some pictures of you both that also span the whole relationship and perhaps some with some family in them. (we also wrote a brief description of the picture)

If you have to edit, you can use a marker to "censor" the statements you want kept private...but it if were me, I'd probably avoid including these to keep things simple.

Copies of passport stamps/itineraries or anything with both your names on it. (We had a council tax bill) Do you have a receipt for an engagement ring or anything you could include?

As the previous poster said...you only need to provide proof of meeting within the last 2 years.

I don't think length of relationship matters a great deal. The UK is not a high fraud country. How long have you known each other?

Goodluck!

Edited by Helen Louise Pile

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

What program did you use to get your former Skype messages? Skype program won't allow me to view past the last 3 months.

Timeline

Fantastic, We should have no problem doing that

:thumbs:

Include a few that span the course of your relationship. Send some pictures of you both that also span the whole relationship and perhaps some with some family in them. (we also wrote a brief description of the picture)

If you have to edit, you can use a marker to "censor" the statements you want kept private...but it if were me, I'd probably avoid including these to keep things simple.

Copies of passport stamps/itineraries or anything with both your names on it. (We had a council tax bill) Do you have a receipt for an engagement ring or anything you could include?

As the previous poster said...you only need to provide proof of meeting within the last 2 years.

I don't think length of relationship matters a great deal. The UK is not a high fraud country. How long have you known each other?

Goodluck!

Brilliant, about a year or so, but well, when you know you know (we've not picked an engagement ring yet as she has thin fingers and we want to do it together, this annoys me since I wanted to be all gentlemanly and surprise her... DOH)

What program did you use to get your former Skype messages? Skype program won't allow me to view past the last 3 months.

There's a couple out there, but are you on Mac or PC? I've uploaded the Mac OS file which works perfectly for me, let us get huge call history information, right the way back to December last year when it all REALLY started accelerating. It's attached as a zip file, I found it on a skype forum, I didn't make it, if I find the original poster, I'll credit them oh and, sorry if posting files is against the rules, but to anyone that see's it, do the usual virus scan etc before you run!

SkypeCallHistory.zip

Timeline

Edit : Found the original poster over at this post on the Skype forum and the posters name is Jas000 - That's for your call history,

DniandShaun - The fiancé has just pointed out I may have sent you in the wrong direction, you wanted chat history... if you go to the top of your chat window, you should be able to select all

screenshot20110615at230.png

and then (it might be different on windows) you can click View Chat History which will give you a full HTML formatted page

screenshot20110615at230.png

She's also said there's a setting in there to set the skype history forever -

Click Skype - Preferences - Chats - and change the dropdown for 'keep skype history forever'

If you've reinstalled your computer, the file that has this is lost, same for call history, it'll go back to when you reinstalled Skype (I found out because the lady didn't reinstall her computer, and I did)

Edited by photomile

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Brilliant, about a year or so, but well, when you know you know (we've not picked an engagement ring yet as she has thin fingers and we want to do it together, this annoys me since I wanted to be all gentlemanly and surprise her... DOH)

Aww cute!... :blush:

Hey also, boarding passes are good to prove you (or she) actually travelled, together with passport stamps, hotel receipts showing both names preferably or other tickets/receipts with names on. As secondary evidence, photos of you together. You only need evidence of having met in the past 2years at this initial stage. For the interview later on you will need evidence of ongoing relationship so you can then use record of communications, chat logs etc - but just examples of them every so often.

All the best for your journey.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

And also... realised you have just joined, but if you fill in your timeline it helps other members to know where you are up to in the visa process and makes it easier to make appropriate comments. cheers.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Will do, thanks again, We're holding off on the application until we have all of the information, and she's got her job status settled!

Good idea... yep it seems a bit tricky initially - and people will tell you to follow the guides etc and they are right.. just takes getting your head around the jargon etc and you'll be fine. If you keep a check on the posts and have any questions check in the search (top right of this screen) for similar threads it doesn't take long to be familiar with the process. Good luck with it all.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.